Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stonehenge and why it was built

whitegandalf

970717_271005423044887_1629059379_n.jpg

Also called "the civilisation destroyer" The comet Encke is a 4,8 km large piece of space debree that has terrified and scared the hell out of us humans many many times past 20-30 000 years. Its dying, breaking a part, in its last chapter, leaving behind a huge amount of space debree. It has an unusual orbit and uses about 3,3 years around the sun. It also leaves a debreefield behind, that earth crosses twice a year, called northern and southern Taurids. Close approaches to Earth usually occur every 33 years. Normally it just gives us "halloween fireballs", a pretty colour meteor rain show. But sometimes, very rarely, earth comes right behind its tale, or crosses a part of the debreefield with the larger rocks. This is defintive not good and can cause major dicasters and events here on earth. Very rarely we travel trough the most densest of the densest debrefield and earth get really hammered with large ones, which can lead to climate change and hunger, therefor " civilisation killer". According to the scientist there are two (possibly overlapping) peaks separated by a few centuries, every 3000 years. Next one is 3 000 AD.

The Chineese, Han dynasty, and many other sivilisations began studying the comet Encke using and using the sign Swastica around the same time. It is thought because of it looks like one , when it does a near flyby, with its curved jets. Some claim stonehenge was built to follow our greatest threath, the deadly comet Encke, on its journey, and predict when the next two big one is coming, and act as a warning for the next generations to come. It would, if true, certainly be noble and usefull cause.

970324_271005286378234_325113691_n.jpg

983735_275188195959943_2115647872_n.jpg

600945_275188629293233_1418399322_n.jpg

969534_271006236378139_178651390_n.jpg

On june 30, 1908 a major event happened in the tunguska region of Sibir, Russia. Something exploded with the force of 10-20 Megatonn Nuclear bomb in the middle of the forest. A large space fragment was, and still is the hottests theory, but not a single piece of it has been confirmed yet, 100 years later yet. Hundreds of alternative theories has been developed to explain the mystery, but no one has so far delivered the 100% confirmed evidence needed for everyone to agree. So the hunt is still on.

Astronomer Ľubor Kresák suggested in 1978 that the body was a fragment of the short-period Comet Encke, which is responsible for the Beta Taurid meteor shower: the Tunguska event coincided with a peak in that shower, and the approximate trajectory of the Tunguska impactor is consistent with what would be expected from such a fragment. It is now known that bodies of this kind explode at frequent intervals tens to hundreds of kilometres above ground. Ľubor Kresák sadly died in 1994. Astronomers Duncan Steel and Bill Napier also suggest the Beta Taurids could be the cause of the Tunguska event.

https://www.facebook...37167699&type=1

Edited by whitegandalf

I don't think stone age people let alone Druids will know about comets.

I don't think stone age people let alone Druids will know about comets.

Well Druids didn't build Stonehenge did they? Modern day "druids" claimed it as their own, but it IIRC predates the Druidic cultures in that part of Britain.

And why shouldn't they know about comets? they're visible to the naked eye.

However, I really think that it was a Solstice Temple. Something to commemorate a good harvest, or predict the future harvest. Something like that.

• Like 7

don't suppose you've got any reasoning behind your idea WG?

or why none of the dates mentioned match up with any of the construction phases of stonehenge?

or why the builders chose to alter the design at least five times over a thousand year period to convey the same warning?

or why only stonehenge was meant as a message and not the hundreds of other stone circles in the british isles?

Partying, drunkin' parties, with lots of sex. :rofl: Let the mead flow...

• Like 4

It's a clock.....

• Like 3

Partying, drunkin' parties, with lots of sex. :rofl: Let the mead flow...

i'll be there in three days time DW, and hopefully, with lots & lots of all of the above!!

:-)

• Like 3

Give an offering of mead to the ancestors for me.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 1

i'll be there in three days time DW, and hopefully, with lots & lots of all of the above!!

get the pretty ones to pose for you with the henge as the backdrop at dawn or sunset ... I always wanted a set of good shots of the theme ...

get the wild colored hair types ... I can just see it now ... don't you mess up the shots ... by focusing on the wrong parts ... :(

~

• Like 1

I can't post pics in posts 3i, my browser won't let me, but I can use them as my avatar pic instead, so i'll upload them that way as i'm taking them!

i'll most likely be, ahem, in a chemically altered state of awareness, so I can't vouch for the quality of them.....

but i'll try my best!!

• Like 2

I can't post pics in posts 3i, my browser won't let me, but I can use them as my avatar pic instead, so i'll upload them that way as i'm taking them!

i'll most likely be, ahem, in a chemically altered state of awareness, so I can't vouch for the quality of them.....

but i'll try my best!!

arghhhh !! don't bother then ... just enjoy yourself an get better moments than kodak moments ... be there then like you be here now ... :lol:

bad pics is worse than no pics ... just pretend I never brought it up :tu:

~

• Like 2

they won't be THAT bad 3i, it'll be ME that's all blurry & fuzzy round the edges not my camera!

a good time will DEFINITELY be on the cards though, even the rain can't spoil it (like last year!), because people just become more determined to have fun!

but the women there, oh gods, the women!!

;-)

• Like 2

I agree with SWoHats (Sir Wearer of Hats). The preponderance of evidence leads to the assumption of it being a solstice calendar, and that it was not built by the Celts or the Druids.

It is interesting that it also appears that a significant number of ancient burials also happened near there also.

Most scientists agree on the modern theory that three tribes built Stonehenge at three separate times. In approximately 3000 B.C., it is believe the first people to work on the site were Neolithic agrarians. Archaeologists named them the Windmill Hill people after one of their earthworks on Windmill Hill, which is near Stonehenge. The Windmill Hill peoples built large circular furrows, or hill-top enclosures, dug around a mound and had collective burials in large stone-encased tombs. Most of their burial mounds point east-west. These people were a blend of the local peoples and Neolithic tribe members from Eastern England. They were one of the first semi-nomadic hunting and gathering groups with an agricultural economy and contained a strong reverence for circles and symmetry. They raised cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, grew wheat and mined flint.

http://www.aboutstonehenge.info/index.php?pg=who-built-stonehenge

Have fun!

• Like 2

Have fun!

sure will Arb.!

lots of weird & wonderful people, lots of freaky fungus, the atmosphere of the place itself, you couldn't wish for a better party!!

I just hope that those b***ards at al qaeda don't get wind of it.....

• Like 2

sure will Arb.!

lots of weird & wonderful people, lots of freaky fungus, the atmosphere of the place itself, you couldn't wish for a better party!!

I just hope that those b***ards at al qaeda don't get wind of it.....

They wouldn't dare. They'd ****e their pants after one look at you lot.

• Like 1

this link really, really needs updating.

public access has been given to the stones for the last 13yrs, but it says we're still denied access!

562860_393354387397306_112293497_n.jpg

just in case they try anything next week ... you go git 'em //

~

• Like 3

don't suppose you've got any reasoning behind your idea WG?

or why none of the dates mentioned match up with any of the construction phases of stonehenge?

or why the builders chose to alter the design at least five times over a thousand year period to convey the same warning?

or why only stonehenge was meant as a message and not the hundreds of other stone circles in the british isles?

i think it had a important function. a calendar could have been built much smaller and not in stone. i am aware of that the dates dont quite match, but coul it be another comet that they were folowing, or alternative.. a large building with roof. a temple. for a important king or something? could also the first or oldest stonehenge be even older than the present dating says. maybe they removed all evidence as they cleared the site for an even larger structure?

Edited by whitegandalf

this link really, really needs updating.

public access has been given to the stones for the last 13yrs, but it says we're still denied access!

The site is updated! The relevant tests have been kept off limit for the general public for 88 years. And still is off limit today.

Why do you say they are available? There are today still 5+ finders around the world, of these important meteorites with possible extraterrestrial fossils that all have been denied testing for many many years, and still are fighting for acess, and trying to prove their stones by alternative means (which take alot of time and money).

Please share your info of the available (for the public) lab and the cost of the relevant tests (if you even know what they are?) Because i dont belive you! Many many people would be incredible happy, if what you state is the true..

Whitegandalf,

Were you be any chance 'inspired' by what I posted and suggested in the Doggerland thread?

This is from a summary I made of the Doggerland thread:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=179840&st=450#entry3417642

-19- Stonehenge may have been a 'healing' culture, and may also have been a sacred burial ground for the Doggerlanders (- they found postholes dating from 8000 BC - )

-31- Stonehenge and similar structures in the other Brittish Isles and Ireland may have been built by the refugees of Doggerland, but now they used stone instead of oak trees that were abundant on Doggerland.

But not immediately: first they used these oaks (Tara Hill, Ireland, or the wooden structures that preceded Stonehenge).

-32- Most of these structures are connected with some death cult, and on the east coast of England they found the remnants of a wooden circular structure, and a scientist said it was made for the dead, and that the ancients may have ferried their dead across the North Sea, to an 'Island of the Dead'. Dogger Island, perhaps??

-33- The Doggerlanders were whalers (amongst other professions), they were not too afraid to sail the oceans. When they fled after their homeland got flooded, they went to the countries they had encountered during their voyages and hunting parties.

-34- All over the world, but especially in Scotland, the Brittish Isles in general, and Ireland (and Scandinavia) they found socalled 'cup-and-circle' petroglyphs.

Many of these circles are concentric circles with a 'tail' from center to outer circle, accompanied with 'cups'.

From what I gathered around the internet, these symbols could well represent an impact of a spiralling comet (creating a huge and spectacular image across the ancient heavens) that impacted into the north of the present North Sea (west of Norway), causing the Storegga Slide, and subsequently causing the huge tsumani that flooded the remnants of Doggerland.

Petroglyphs like that are found all over the earth, but most in N/W Europe.

-35- According to one theory, around 6100 BC a swarm of 'bolids' impacted on earth (Tollmann).

-36- More recent and circular labyrinths are - according to me - depictions of this same event. The 'entrance' of the labyrinth being equal to the tail of the spiralling comet (like the 'Hale-Bopp' comet) that destroyed land 6100 BC.

Labyrinths all over the earth have to do with 'death at the center', Death, another life, the afterlife, whatever comes after the maggots start eating our flesh. The center of the spiralling comet was of course the comet itself, the rock that eventually impacted into the North Sea, and caused the death of many thousands of people.

http://www.unexplain...5

Btw, I remember I also said in that thread that circular structures like Stonehenge and similar European ones were erected out of fear and respect for that 'heavenly' phenomenon, an impacting spiraling comet.

All good enough to write a novel about, but is it true and did it all happen like that ?

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

All good enough to write a novel about, but is it true and did it all happen like that ?

Only time will tell..

Thanks again for relevant and interesting information:)

1005572_602618959762255_1557876106_n.jpg

hmmm .... interesting ....

~

• Like 5

There is no doubt.

The evidence is clear.

Good Job!