Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3D printing replaces 75% of man's skull

kajiwara

your link didnt work, atleast for me.

But this is still awsome

Its going to be interesting to see how much of an impact that 3d printing has.i think its very much a double edged sword.with the controversy over people printing up firearms and such.i guess it all comes down to intent same as anything else

your link didnt work, atleast for me.

Weird not working for me either..this one should

It should work now. I've fixed it.

• Like 1

3D printing is the future. This is the "replicator" of Star Trek infamy. We will literally just make parts on the fly..

• Like 4

3D printing will have a huge impact on our lives. It's bigger than the internet.

I agree I just wonder how long it will take to become a household item the prices for machinery and the cost to produce is still a bit high though.but the more I read about 3d printing the more it blows my mind I was reading about the urbee 2 a car prototype almost entirely made with 3d printers.it only weighs 1200 pounds is stronger than steel and they plan to drive the hybrid prototype from san Francisco to California on only 10 gallons of gas with a 36 volt electric motor.i hope it works out gas is getting crazy

Edited by kajiwara
  • Like 2

Be interesting if we could replace every bone in our body with 3D Printing... but the bone marrow would be transplanted into the artificial bones to create blood.

3D printing will have a huge impact on our lives. It's bigger than the internet.

I agree. This is the big innovation we need to take things to the next level. We have been spinning our wheels technologically for a while now. The 3D printer just opened many doors!

I agree I just wonder how long it will take to become a household item the prices for machinery and the cost to produce is still a bit high though.but the more I read about 3d printing the more it blows my mind I was reading about the urbee 2 a car prototype almost entirely made with 3d printers.it only weighs 1200 pounds is stronger than steel and they plan to drive the hybrid prototype from san Francisco to California on only 10 gallons of gas with a 36 volt electric motor.i hope it works out gas is getting crazy

You can pick one up for a few hundred bucks now. They have come down in price significantly. Of course, a home printer will be able to make something a maximum of maybe 1 ft.x 1ft. but still, thats plenty. You can make a new custom case for your phone, kitchen accessories, replace broken trim pieces in your car...anything!

In theory additive manufacturing can produce anything, not a home printer one can purchase today. You can get a used one for a few hundred bucks but the quality will suck and I would be careful expecting it to even work at all out of the box. I'm a true believer in the technology but it should be understood that with this product enormous differences in price reflect enormous differences in quality.

• Like 1

I remember when the thought of 3D printing was of such negativity. There were so many doubting it, claiming such an idea couldn't be accomplished, and now time has proven them wrong. I'm proud to be in this era of science; it's truly remarkable.