Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramids

sod_2011

Has anyone ever heard the story of Napolean and the pyramids.Any suggestions as to what Napolean might have seen in the Pyramids, that made him white as a ghost and never speak about it.? Or do you think he was just afaraid of the dark? and was to embarrassed to say

Hi Sod, and welcome to UM!

I can't add anything about what Napoleon might have seen, only a more complete account:

The inner sanctum of the Pyramids drew Napoleon in, like so many before him and since. After exploring the chambers of Khufu's Great Pyramid, Napoleon requested to be left alone in the King's Chamber. When he finally emerged, he is reported to have been extremely shaken and shocked by something within. When asked what had happened, he refused to discuss it and insisted that the incident never be spoken of again.

A friend, who visited Napoleon in his final days, asked him to tell him the secret of that day. Napoleon was ready to speak, but then shook his head and declined. Enigmatically, he responded, 'No, what's the use. You'd never believe me.'

http://tibetkanagawa.blogspot.nl/2006/06/napoleon-mystery-within-pyramid.html

• Like 2

Hi ya thanks for the welcome. It's just always been on my mind, such a tough figure and yet unable to speak about what he seen. I'm thinking maybe a DMT dump. Apparently after he saw whatever it is he saw he started losing the war in Egypt, Could be his downfall

Maybe he thought he saw a ghost or something?

I don't think a guy like Napoleon would admit of ever seeing a ghost, lol. No one would take him seriously ever again if he had.

• Like 1

Maybe it was some sort of oppression. He felt the weight of millenia and the physical weight of the GP surrounding him and was reminded of his own mortality. And as this was before most of his great victories, Jena, Austerlitz for instance, maybe he felt he was of insignificance compared to the GP. I believe some people get overwhelmed by the cultural riches of Egypt, and even Italy, and actually become ill. Maybe something similar happend to Napoleon.

Thats so true Probably too much to lose. Suppose Men never really spoke about that sort of thing in the day !

Maybe it was some sort of oppression. He felt the weight of millenia and the physical weight of the GP surrounding him and was reminded of his own mortality. And as this was before most of his great victories, Jena, Austerlitz for instance, maybe he felt he was of insignificance compared to the GP. I believe some people get overwhelmed by the cultural riches of Egypt, and even Italy, and actually become ill. Maybe something similar happend to Napoleon.

From what I quoted I get the impression it was something totally different and really scary , and not related to his important role in history. Unless you meant to say it was some sort of premonition?

From what I quoted I get the impression it was something totally different and really scary , and not related to his important role in history. Unless you meant to say it was some sort of premonition?

I think he believed he saw something, but it was a manifestation within his own mind created by the factors I mentioned. I think he is to be believed in this as he never stood for any nonsense, a very level headed and clear thinking man, except about invading Russia.........

Well i'll know ill not lose sleep over it although its been bugging me for ages as to what he might have seen. I'm a believer in ghosts etc, and would say he seen something along those lines. DMP dump maybe???? On another note, I heard knocking on my window last night, really freaked me out. Its a gated community and 2nd level up. Thankfully havent heard any bad news.

I wonder just how historically accurate the tale is. I can't help but notice no reference in your link, A.

--Jaylemurph

I never heard about this story with Napoleon before. Thats new...

But in a sense Champollion is Napoleon byproduct.

I never heard about this story with Napoleon before. Thats new...

But in a sense Champollion is Napoleon byproduct.

Excellent point!

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

debunked :

from smithsonian dot com

As I say, the story is not true—Napoleon’s private secretary, De Bourrienne, who was with him in Egypt, insists that he never went inside the tomb. (A separate tradition suggests that the emperor, as he waited for other members of his party to scale the outside of the pyramid, passed the time calculating that the structure contained sufficient stone to erect a wall around all France 12 feet high and one foot thick.) That the tale is told at all, however, is testament to the fascination exerted by this most mysterious of monuments–and a reminder that the pyramid’s interior is at least as compelling as its exterior. Yes, it is impressive to know that Khufu’s monument was built from 2.3 million stone blocks, each weighing on average more than two tons and cut using nothing more than copper tools; to realize that its sides are precisely aligned to the cardinal points of the compass and differ one from another in length by no more than two inches, and to calculate that, at 481 feet, the pyramid remained the tallest man-made structure in the world for practically 4,000 years—until the main spire of Lincoln Cathedral was completed in about 1400 A.D. But these superlatives do not help us to understand its airless interior.

Don't think the good Napoleon would have managed to make his way up to the entrance or the passageways or the up gallery into the King's Chamber those days ...

`

debunked :

Nooooo, much to early in the thread to debunk. It must go on for page after page, insults hurled, blood spilt. Now you spoiled it 395593f77f9d.gif

• Like 2

Nooooo, much to early in the thread to debunk. It must go on for page after page, insults hurled, blood spilt. Now you spoiled it 395593f77f9d.gif

Ye of little faith.

No one reads the thread. They'll just read the OP (or might just post based on the title alone) and post something like "I bet it was Anubis because, you know, Stargate was real and ****".

• Like 1

From Abramelin link:

Shortly afterwards in Cairo, Rose began to channel an entity called Aiwass, which provided Crowley with his occult magnum opus, The Book Of Law. Over three days, he scribbled down the magickal instructions as they were communicated to him. From this point on, Crowley followed the dictum: 'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.'

Crowley.jpg

So it is now about "channeling"... what a bunch of horse do do's...

547064_398033760257106_1258965330_n.jpg

heheheheheh ... carry on ....

~

• Like 1

Yes, indeed, a round of applause for third_eye!

I've heard this story through the years, of course, and one can find it mentioned anecdotally in Egyptological literature. It's nothing more than, well, a fun story.

One wonders about the origin of the tale, however. It always reminds me of another great conquerer who visited Egypt and swiftly incorporated it into his realm: over two thousand years before Napoleon, Alexander the Great took Egypt from the Persians. Alexander soon visited the Oracle of Amun in the Libyan Desert and supposedly asked the priests whether his father's assassins had all been punished and if he, Alexander, would successfully conquer the world. From there the tradition of writers of Alexander's day and later (e.g., Kallisthenes and Plutarch) get fuzzy in their accounts. Supposedly Alexander refused to say anything to anyone about what the oracle priests had told him and intended to reveal their words only to his mother, Olympias, when he got back home. Alexander never returned home, of course. But from the visit to the Oracle comes the tales of the priests having proclaimed Alexander the son not of Philip II but of the great god Amun himself.

It's not clear whether Alexander himself proclaimed such a thing, but here, too, we have a famous conquerer visiting a famous Egyptian religious site and leaving without saying a word.

Just wondering.

• Like 2

Just an idle thought. There is a sort of Western "trinity" of conquerors, Alexander, Ceasar and Napoleon. All visisted Egypt, though it is dissapointing there is no similar mystery story about Ceasar. So, I wonder if Afrika Korps had been successful, then Hitler may have visited Egypt, urged by the likes of Himmler, who was influenced by Blavatsky, had some revelation and who knows what situation we would be in now. Though of course Hitler may have secretly visited Egypt in one of the flying saucers the Nazis had, on route to the secret Antarctic base or the one on far side of the Moon.......

It seems that Napoleon and French Troops were effected by visiting Egypt and the Giza Pyramids, some time in the future i will write about Pyramid Austerlitz in Netherlands, i leave video link only for you to view Pyramid, some time in the future i will show alignments to dates!

It seems that Napoleon and French Troops were effected by visiting Egypt and the Giza Pyramids, some time in the future i will write about Pyramid Austerlitz in Netherlands, i leave video link only for you to view Pyramid, some time in the future i will show alignments to dates!

[media=]

[/media]

Its a gigantic sandcastle :)

Hi Skithia,

I'm not sure what you are saying, obviously a large sandcastle however it has been there since 1804 to honour Napoleon Bonaparte, it's influence was the Egyptian wars during a few years previous when many French troops were in Egypt?