Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramids

sod_2011

Maybe he thought he saw a ghost or something?

I don't think a guy like Napoleon would admit of ever seeing a ghost, lol. No one would take him seriously ever again if he had.

Maybe he DID see a ghost?

Yes, indeed, a round of applause for third_eye!

I've heard this story through the years, of course, and one can find it mentioned anecdotally in Egyptological literature. It's nothing more than, well, a fun story.

One wonders about the origin of the tale, however. It always reminds me of another great conquerer who visited Egypt and swiftly incorporated it into his realm: over two thousand years before Napoleon, Alexander the Great took Egypt from the Persians. Alexander soon visited the Oracle of Amun in the Libyan Desert and supposedly asked the priests whether his father's assassins had all been punished and if he, Alexander, would successfully conquer the world. From there the tradition of writers of Alexander's day and later (e.g., Kallisthenes and Plutarch) get fuzzy in their accounts. Supposedly Alexander refused to say anything to anyone about what the oracle priests had told him and intended to reveal their words only to his mother, Olympias, when he got back home. Alexander never returned home, of course. But from the visit to the Oracle comes the tales of the priests having proclaimed Alexander the son not of Philip II but of the great god Amun himself.

It's not clear whether Alexander himself proclaimed such a thing, but here, too, we have a famous conquerer visiting a famous Egyptian religious site and leaving without saying a word.

Just wondering.

The Roman writer of the first century or so CE, Quintus Rufus Curtius, says that the priest confirmed he was the son of Jupiter Ammon, and Alexander from then on required everyone to address him as a god. Curtius specifically points out that moment as the point where everything starts to go wrong for Alexander, and cites Alexander's actions as the starting point for a conspiracy amongst some of his senior officers tooff him.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

That is a very good point the Afrika Corps under the command of General Field Marshall Erwin Rommel. I doubt Rommel would have bothered with that, reason being he is just a hard core military genius and doesent seem the type of character to even bother with 'supersticious' investigations. Although who knows what the real agenda actually is or was.

Well the military objective was oil and to secure a route to Caspian Sea and India. Though I am certain that if Germans had beaten British out of Egypt, then the country would have been swamped with all manner of genuine German and Axis Egyptologists and a large number of the woo woos working for Himmler. It could be speculated on for many pages what they would have done in Egypt, and to Egyptian history.....

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri
  • Like 1

Exellent point, So if the field marshall had have won, Do you think that they would have been more successful in finding what todays Egyptologists have found and more.? Maybe better at finding stuff depending on what information they had. Spear of destiny springs to mind when talking about this

Exellent point, So if the field marshall had have won, Do you think that they would have been more successful in finding what todays Egyptologists have found and more.? Maybe better at finding stuff depending on what information they had. Spear of destiny springs to mind when talking about this

Well the only major find since the war was the royal tombs at Tanis by the French, I think very shortly after the war when everything started working again. Germans would have probably brushed the Egyptians aside as not being "real" Egyptians and excavated when and wherever they wanted. Probably some of the other finds may have been made earlier than they have been, KV63 perhaps, or even the "Valley of the Golden Mummies". I do not think they would have deliberately destroyed anything to get at "treasure", but I think they would have gone further in their excavations than has ever been allowed. Probably we would know what is under the Sphinx by now, if anything, and the GP been excavated partially underneath and even inside. I suspect that what we saw as fantasy in "Raiders of the lost Ark" may have become some reality, not the Ark, but the search. But it is possible to speculate on anything for a long time. I think if they had won, then we would know more than we do today, but at a cost, mostly in interpretation of what was found. The Fascists were monsters, but cultured monsters and I doubt they would have ruined the monuments.

• Like 1

this is pretty interesting, we will never know the answer to all the mysteries surounded by these pyramids, link below

http://www.ghosttheory.com/notify-BellComplianceWarningMessages?aHR0cDovL3d3dy5naG9zdHRoZW9yeS5jb20vMjAxMS8wNS8yNy9maXJzdC1pbWFnZXMtZnJvbS1ncmVhdC1weXJhbWlkcy1zZWNyZXQtY2hhbWJlcg==

i do believe that there is tons of stuff yet to be discovered in egypt, look at the lost city of cleopatra found under water, egypt is amazing and i think nepoleon being a conqueror knew this and was stircken with the fact that it didnt stem from him, maybe the world was to big for him

Well the military objective was oil and to secure a route to Caspian Sea and India. Though I am certain that if Germans had beaten British out of Egypt, then the country would have been swamped with all manner of genuine German and Axis Egyptologists and a large number of the woo woos working for Himmler. It could be speculated on for many pages what they would have done in Egypt, and to Egyptian history.....

Man, just imagine that: the Great Pyramid and all the other monuments with swastikas painted on them. And all of the pharaonic statues outfitted with ridiculous little Hitler mustaches.

i do believe that there is tons of stuff yet to be discovered in egypt, look at the lost city of cleopatra found under water, egypt is amazing and i think nepoleon being a conqueror knew this and was stircken with the fact that it didnt stem from him, maybe the world was to big for him

Most archaeologists working in Egypt today believe, in the past two centuries, maybe about 40% of what's out there has been found. There are so many questions which remain unanswered because we do not yet have sufficient evidence.

• Like 2

Man, just imagine that: the Great Pyramid and all the other monuments with swastikas painted on them. And all of the pharaonic statues outfitted with ridiculous little Hitler mustaches.

No need to imagine, simply travel to an alternate reality where the fascists won and take a photo.

Apologies to the Ka of prince Ra-Hotep

5733311d919a.jpg

• Like 2

methinks Eva should be blond ... or blonder ...

582158_397047383694673_965584640_n.jpg

seems right to me ......

`

• Like 1

Yet Ra-Hotep's eyes were already blue in the original.....

Hmmm

66e3c3c891c2.gif

• Like 1

Most archaeologists working in Egypt today believe, in the past two centuries, maybe about 40% of what's out there has been found. There are so many questions which remain unanswered because we do not yet have sufficient evidence.

it would truley be amazing to discover these wonders

582158_397047383694673_965584640_n.jpg

seems right to me ......

`

Hitlers dog.. blondie?

Hitlers dog.. blondie?

the driver ? :o

Little Adolf had many dogs ... males and females hehehehehhe

`

the driver ? :o

Little Adolf had many dogs ... males and females hehehehehhe

`

...that's a terrible things to say about Himmler and Goering.

Wait, no it's not. Please carry on!

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

--Jaylemurph

Himmler and Goering were undone by non natural blondes ...

600571_513946295332518_1374181693_n.jpg

both of them ... it was a titanic struggle to swallow the poison in those days ...

`

No need to imagine, simply travel to an alternate reality where the fascists won and take a photo.

Apologies to the Ka of prince Ra-Hotep

5733311d919a.jpg

LOL Good one. However, you forgot the Nazi arm band on Nofret. She should be sporting the "national" colors too.

--Jaylemurph

:w00t:

Methinks this discussion is growing stale. Now it's becoming a jokefest about alternative realities. The question is, would Zahi Hawass have fit right in?

• Like 1

Pseudoscience has been used in history dates, although i fail to see what that has to do with original Egyptian religion other than the connection to Sirius and Alnilam, Belt of Orion regarding Isis and Osiris!

This is applied at beginning of day, this may be sunset midnight or sunrise on due north, due south, due east or due west at location.

Obviously three points to four locations, so there are four directions to midnight application, there are four directions to sunrise application, there are four directions to sunset application, history is full of pseudoscience application, link below:-

http://atheism.about..._sci_pseudo.htm

So for Sirius there are 12 possible days this could happen, for Alnilam there are 12 possible days this could happen, this makes 24 days in a year, however you usaully get a double up twice in any location, plus a lot of locations lose a midnight alignment due to Summer Time application, so average at any location is 21 days that alignments are possible in the year!

The German Worker's Party is very interesting regarding beliefs that date was intentional due to belief in PseudoScience, midnight day marker applied at location of Munich on 5th January 1919, a rare conjunction must be noted between Sirius and Jupiter, this with beliefs would have expanded the influence of Sirius!

http://en.wikipedia....n_Workers_Party

Obviously here you have astronomers forums, you could check to see if in Munich on 5th January 1919 at midnight day marker, both Jupiter and Sirius were culminating and conjunct...couldn't you, by asking them?

Graph below:-

http://2012forum.com...=5007&mode=view

Edited by monk 56

LOL Good one. However, you forgot the Nazi arm band on Nofret. She should be sporting the "national" colors too.

~snip

You did not notice the subtle 'protrusions' boss ?

That's the symbol of her revered high status ...

:tu:

`

You did not notice the subtle 'protrusions' boss ?

That's the symbol of her revered high status ...

Yes, she had points of her own.

"Way up firm and high..."

Harte

• Like 1

Pseudoscience has been used in history dates, although i fail to see what that has to do with original Egyptian religion other than the connection to Sirius and Alnilam, Belt of Orion regarding Isis and Osiris!

Regarding the "original" Egyptian religion, which I myself would take to mean the religious traditions as conducted in the earliest stages of dynastic Egypt, there is no evidence for any sort of cult for either Osiris or Isis. No such cult is observable until late in Dynasty 5 (c. 2400 BCE). The attribution of Osiris and Isis with specific heavenly bodies was a phenomenon which occurred later in dynastic history.

• Like 2

Hi Kmt_sesh,

I have never doubted what you say, but there is a lot of Pseudoscience applied to beliefs, those that believe in Hermeticism have influenced history by belief that they look at original Egyptian religion, i agree with you you that this is corrupted and has no basis in fact, but you will agree that a great deal of history has been effected by religious belief!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetism,_Hermeticism_and_other_thought_systems