Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Uri Geller a psychic spy ?

Saru

Famed psychic spoon-bender Uri Geller also had a career as a secret agent for Mossad and the CIA.

We may know him for spoon bending antics and for his lengthy friendship with pop star Michael Jackson but showbiz psychic Uri Geller has seemingly had a lengthy second career as a secret agent for Mossad and the CIA, albeit one that was more Austin Powers than James Bond.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I've got one of his books, came with a cute little crystal...a interesting person. Will be keen to see the doco.

He probably was used by Mossad to bend the Ayatollah's cutlery.

His whole career has been one big Fraud,I'll say no more.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 2

From the link:

“He (Dayan) was an avid collector of archaeological items, very ancient ones, four, five six thousand years old. They’re all around Israel. When he met me and saw my powers, the first question he asked me, after the serious questions of military use and all that…was ‘Uri, do you think you can find for me some archaeological artefacts with your powers.’ I said, ‘You know, Moshe, I’ve never done it but let’s try!’”

===========================

Well here is the answer, was he a spy? well not really in a James Bond sense, but more likely in "The thief who came to dinner" sense.

In the end, who cares? Geller is a fake. I don't remember which talk show host did this, but the host produced a spoon that he wanted Uri to bend instead of the spoons Uri brought. Uri declined. Obviously Uri's spoons are specially attuned to his mind. Yeah, right! :td:

• Like 3

Geller was totally busted by James Randi who recreated all of his antics, and then told us how he did it.

Geller is one of those Media - Hyped fools, and the same fools still fall for his complete charade

• Like 1

Well he was a deceptive fake as a psychic, dosen't surpise me that he worked for 2 deceptive organizations

what, so uri geller's a fake??

why didn't someone tell me, i've been buying his books for years!!

sh-i-i-i-i-t!

*sob*

• Like 2

If spy is the Russian word for phony, then yes.

• Like 1

The guys entire career was a complete fraud, i don't believe a word of this.

• Like 1

He's probably written a new book and is self promoting with this story line which I'm sure he's put out there himself

Geller was totally busted by James Randi who recreated all of his antics, and then told us how he did it.

Geller is one of those Media - Hyped fools, and the same fools still fall for his complete charade

He was also busted on the Johnny Carson show I recall. Apparently he was supposed to find an object which was placed under a larger one (cans or weights) and the conditions were that he (Geller) could have NO contact with the said objects...the only time he seen them was when he was on stage for his performance. He failed totally then claimed it was an "off" day.

At any rate I knew he was a fraud as a kid though my father, at that time, believed he was genuine. My dad told me that Geller could repair a watch just by looking at it and I disagreed saying that even if one had that ability you still need to know how a watch works and in what manner it is broken otherwise you could cause more damage.

But in the end it doesn't matter, Geller is a fake and most people know this yet he still tries to deceive people because some people are ignorant (in the innocent sort of way) and he loves peddling his nonsense.

According to Crystal Sage, Randi is in fact a super psychic who can block other psychic powers.
  • Like 1

According to Crystal Sage, Randi is in fact a super psychic who can block other psychic powers.

Who is Crystal Sage and is this person actually serious with that nonsensical comment????

Who is Crystal Sage and is this person actually serious with that nonsensical comment????

A user on USM who makes outlandish claims.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=206022&st=120#entry4066560

• 1 month later...

uri geller? but i know him from his show,ive seen him alot of time,im from israel,ive been in one of his shows,he is just a bull****...just bending sppons and forks...

no one saw the documentary? i saw it. and there is video of Uri from the beginning of his career, if you can call it that, performing advanced psychic abilities during testing by the military. say what you want about him but he's earned millions doing whatever it is that he does. if you have seen the original video footage and then comment would make alot more sense to everyone. could all be fake, could all be real or part real or is real what we truly believe (up to you to decide).

• Like 1

and he wasn't just bending spoons in the documentary although that is what he is known for but not what he really does (misconception).

• Like 1

Uri Geller is a colourful character...but he is not a fake...and I don't suppose his 'talents' would go to waste in regards to being a psychic spy..

this is the first part of experiments done with him at Stanford Research Institute in 1972...

[media=]

[/media]

from the OP link.....

http://www.independe...ed-8659271.html

On camera and in interview, Geller still remains coy about his espionage activities. Nonetheless, the psychic acknowledges that his handlers once asked him to use telepathy to stop a pig’s heart. He refused, knowing that if he had succeeded, the next target would almost certainly have been a human.

“I tried to execute missions that were positive,” Geller claims. “I said ‘no’ to dark things.”

bless him.....no 'staring at goats' (or pigs) for Uri.... :clap:

Put.....The Secret Life of Uri Geller...into the search banner on YouTube, to watch the documentary aired by the BBC...

Lol at the car covered in spoons. Uri has a sense of humour..... :D

The military and Intelligence services play down anything to do with psychic spying and the such-like...IMO.

But they would certainly use anything they could to get an edge over the 'enemy'....

Not to do so would be a dereliction of duty in regards to National Defence.

So I believe Uri when he says he was re-activated as a psychic spy after 9/11.

Spoon bender, truth bender, meh whats the difference?

Edited by Junior Chubb