Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

nine races should become one

danielost

You mean like the arabs and isreal.

That sounds suspiciously like "disrespect" for a whole cultural grouping ("arabs) and an entire nation ('israel').

Are you for real, or just giving us a wind-up here?

By the by, you need remedial spelling work. Any adult who can't spell "violence" or "ancestors" correctly is headed for the sweeping job at the local inconvenience store--"no doubt" run by Arabs, which would serve you right. Check out www.ehow,com for some help with your spelling deficit. Or better yet, I'll send you my tutorials weekly for a flat $100.00 fee per unit.

No, I do not accept PayPal .

The definition of "race" is arbitrary and not clear by any means. The whole premise is nonsensical.

Go talk to a physical or forensic anthropologist, especially when they're called for expert testimony in a trial court to establish race.

• Like 2

Saw the thread title, first thing that came to mind:

fellowshipofring2.jpg

The 9 shall become one!

• Like 1

Go talk to a physical or forensic anthropologist, especially when they're called for expert testimony in a trial court to establish race.

The police in new york, can no longer describe a suspect. They can only describe what the person is wearing. Their afraid they will be called on profiling.

In the mean time they are violating the fourth amendment with stop and frisk. They stop who ever they fill like and search them, no warrents. Further bill orielly backs the program.

"Most Arabs"????

Yes, most arabs, they follow their leaders no questions.

Race violance would stop.

Not a mission.. Think about it daniel... People will still find something to fight over and show discrimination... Like IE religion, we all know that has done in the past, and continues to happen...If we only had the one religion, you can be sure that, after some time, you will find people splitting from it and making heir own... Then we move on to land, money, all sorts..

Speaking of land.. To use my own country.. You hear some of us say - keep away from Belfast, they are pig ignorant.. OR Don't go down there, those Armagh people are weird...We will slag off our own citizens..I have seen other countries do it too, slagging off each others state or city...That is human nature..We just can't help ourselves...

I have observed this sort of behaviour with animals too, Like lions, they like to stick with their own pride, and will attack any outsider if need be.. We are all animals, and I beleive it is natural..Not all of us feel that way, but in general many do, and can't help it...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

If the nine human races would become one. Race violance would stop. Not saying to forget your ancesters. But, there would be room for race warriers, like the kkk.

We really need to do this, to end the violance.

These nine "races" have always been one. We're all of the same race: human. When we attempt to sub categorize others of their humanity based on skin color, that's where racism stems, and it's sickening. You think this would be something of the past, considering the day and age we're living in, but it's not. I hope one day we can all understand that racism is just a self-hatred of our own race in its purest form.

If the nine human races would become one. Race violance would stop. Not saying to forget your ancesters. But, there would be room for race warriers, like the kkk.

We really need to do this, to end the violance.

Sorry I missed the word "no". It should read"there would be no room for race warriors, like the kkk.

Well, in a sense, we are all related through our DNA. DNA shows, that we all share the same common ancestors, I believe.

And, how do people in the KKK, not know they have some Jewish, Black, or Native American Ancestory?

There really is no, "pure bloodline" or "pure race" it's a myth.

Wouldn't it be hilarious, to see someone who is in the KKK neo-Natzi find out they have a great-great great black grandmother? LOL

I would PAY to see that! :yes:

• Like 3

You forget hitler and stalin, both were jews. They were the biggest threats to the jews in the twenteth century.

That was one meaningless comment. For starters, what "nine human races"? The definition of "race" is arbitrary and not clear by any means. The whole premise is nonsensical.

That's correct to a certain extent. The standard divisional race model isn't all that arbitrary. There are concise and defined racial groupings which are based on more traits than pigmentation. That said, some theories indeed rely on arbitrary criteria.

You forget hitler and stalin, both were jews.

:huh: I had to read this 5 times and still don't believe I've read it right.

These nine "races" have always been one. We're all of the same race: human. When we attempt to sub categorize others of their humanity based on skin color, that's where racism stems, and it's sickening.

If you talked to a physical anthropologist, they would tell you that skin colour is the least useful trait when discerning race.

http://www.cabrillo....smith/gill.html

• Like 3

You forget hitler and stalin, both were jews.

I love that history book you read daniel ..That same book also says that Henry the 8th was celibate and never married .lol

I have always taught my daughter that we were one race and if we don't smarten up we will destroy ourselves. Sure it would be great if everyone thought this way, but with human nature the way is, I'm not holding my breath.

The same can easily be said for any group of people. Any group, any country, any affiliation.

Again it is human nature to squabble about anything so this fantasy of us all being "one" is merely an unobtainable and unsustainable utopia.

I like that there are different people with different cultures and customs. I do not want a world where it is all homogenized and everyone is the same, speaks the same, thinks the same, eats the same...totally boring.

So does the Americans that followed George Washington and independence come under the same category?

Everyone needs someone to lead, whether good or bad people will follow

European DNA Study Links People Across Continent To Shared Common Ancestor

Europeans all shared a common ancestor just 1,000 years ago, new genetic research reveals.

Scientists drew this conclusion, detailed May 7 in the journal PLOS Biology, by calculating the length of regions of shared DNA from 2,000 Europeans.

The same technique hasn't been applied to other continents, but people in other parts of the world are just as likely to be closely related, the researchers said.

"In fact, it's likely that everyone in the world is related over just the past few thousand years," said study co-author Graham Coop, a geneticist at the University of California, Davis.

All in the family

For more than a decade, researchers calculated theoretically that all people shared common ancestors fairly recently.

To test that theory, Coop and his colleagues analyzed 500,000 spots on the genome of Europeans, from Turkey to the United Kingdom. To untangle European ancestry, they calculated the length of shared segments of DNA, or the molecules that contain the genetic instructions for life. When two people share a longer stretch of identical DNA, they are likely to share a more recent common ancestor, since over time those gene segments evolve and diversify.

The researchers found that all Europeans shared a common ancestor just 1,000 years ago.

There were also some regional surprises.

For instance, Italians are slightly less related to one another than people from other European countries are to one another, perhaps because Italians have had a large, fairly stable population for a few thousand years.

In addition, people from the United Kingdom are more related to people from Ireland than they are to other people from the United Kingdom. That's possibly because many people have migrated from the smaller country of Ireland to the bigger United Kingdom in the past several hundred years, Coop told LiveScience.

The researchers also showed that people in Eastern Europe were slightly more related to each other than were those in Western Europe.

From: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/european-dna-study-all-related-shared-common-ancestor_n_3236514.html

How cool is that?

• Like 2

Race as a concept is an antiquated idea left over from social Darwinism. The idea that there is a deeper difference in people of different ethnic groups went out with the discovery of DNA. Yes certain ethnic groups can carry certain genetic predispositions (Jews carry Tay Sachs disease etc) but that doesn't mean "race" is real. Anyone from one geographical ethnic group can have offspring with anyone else. The real issue is cultural identification and respect. In a time where globalization and access by travel to anywhere on the planet means that our genetics are blending more than ever. In spite of that there still exist cultural bias between certain ethnic groups resulting in ethnic conflicts. I agree we all should get along but the human predisposition for an "us and them" mentality means we end up fighting over things including skin color when in truth it only means the amount of melanin in your skin.

I think this is why "racial profiling" is going the way of the dinosaur, not so much for political correctness but for the fact that there are so many wonderful people in the world that are all colors, you'd be really hard pressed to say this person is from one area or another. I love on The Daily Show Aasif Mandvi has often referenced that people mistake him for a myriad of different ethnicities and generally guess wrong. Humans outward physical characteristics are just that, outward, they do not reflect any differences in the fact that we are a species of humans, not a "race".

• Like 1

Race as a concept is an antiquated idea left over from social Darwinism. The idea that there is a deeper difference in people of different ethnic groups went out with the discovery of DNA. Yes certain ethnic groups can carry certain genetic predispositions (Jews carry Tay Sachs disease etc) but that doesn't mean "race" is real. Anyone from one geographical ethnic group can have offspring with anyone else. The real issue is cultural identification and respect. In a time where globalization and access by travel to anywhere on the planet means that our genetics are blending more than ever. In spite of that there still exist cultural bias between certain ethnic groups resulting in ethnic conflicts. I agree we all should get along but the human predisposition for an "us and them" mentality means we end up fighting over things including skin color when in truth it only means the amount of melanin in your skin.

I think this is why "racial profiling" is going the way of the dinosaur, not so much for political correctness but for the fact that there are so many wonderful people in the world that are all colors, you'd be really hard pressed to say this person is from one area or another. I love on The Daily Show Aasif Mandvi has often referenced that people mistake him for a myriad of different ethnicities and generally guess wrong. Humans outward physical characteristics are just that, outward, they do not reflect any differences in the fact that we are a species of humans, not a "race".

I completely agree with you on that. DNA testing even backs this up! We are all related to one another, as we share the same common ancestors.

How cool is that?

For instance, Italians are slightly less related to one another than people from other European countries are to one another, perhaps because Italians have had a large, fairly stable population for a few thousand years.

That doesn't sound right. Wouldn't it be because they had an UNstable population. Considering, after the collapse of the Roman Empire, they were invaded from the north by Germanic tribes and Franks in the middle ages and occupied by Arab Islamic States from the South.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree we all should get along but the human predisposition for an "us and them" mentality means we end up fighting over things including skin color when in truth it only means the amount of melanin in your skin.

Again, skin colour is the least significant trait when assessing ancestry (race). Here's a video lecture I found from the National Forensic Science Technology Center, which is funded by the Dept. of Justice. The lecturers in the video work closely with the medical examiners office. This is real science, not cultural anthropology. No matter if it's a case before the medical examiners office, a trial court or a physical anthropologist examining a 2000 year old skeleton, ancestral (race) identification is real and important scientific work.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by redhen

Again, skin colour is the least significant trait when assessing ancestry (race). Here's a video lecture I found from the National Forensic Science Technology Center, which is funded by the Dept. of Justice. The lecturers in the video work closely with the medical examiners office. This is real science, not cultural anthropology. No matter if it's a case before the medical examiners office, a trial court or a physical anthropologist examining a 2000 year old skeleton, ancestral (race) identification is real and important scientific work.

[media=]

[/media]

I get what you are saying but in context of people delineating the worth of a person by their skin color still goes on today. Also race in the historical vernacular meant supposedly different "strains" or "breed" of human so that some were then considered undesirable characteristics could then be labeled somehow as less than white Europeans. It sadly still goes on in some places but "race" under that archaic notion is false and DNA proves we are all humans and homosapien.

Edited by darkmoonlady

I get what you are saying but in context of people delineating the worth of a person by their skin color still goes on today.

Right, but that doesn't mean race, or ancestry if you will, doesn't exist.

"race" under that archaic notion is false and DNA proves we are all humans and homosapien.

Actually, recent genetics has shown that some modern populations share 1-3% of their DNA with Neanderthals and Denisovans. Modern genetics is actually better than physical anthropology in discerning race. There is a whole industry now that provides cheap ancestral DNA assessments defined by haplogroups.

Of course the cultural connotations are still with us and that's exemplified by the confusion in the U.S. Census forms as shown in the video lecture I linked too. "Hispanic" particularly vexes the U.S. Census Bureau. :)

You forget hitler and stalin, both were jews. They were the biggest threats to the jews in the twenteth century.

I don´t know what dank place you pulled that claim from.

Hitler was brought up Catholic, but later sympathized with islam and pagan mysticism.

Stalin was brought up Russian orthodox, but later was a strong atheist.

What the heck does Judaism have to do with anything here?

Sorry to disappoint you, but science says otherwise;

"Joseph Stalin, from a genetic test on his grandson (his son Vasily's son, Alexander Burdonsky) and his grand-nephew, is shown to be Y-DNA-wise of G2a1"

"Hitler is believed to belong to Y-DNA Haplogroup E1b1b1 (E-M35), an haplogroup which originated in East Africa about 22,400 years BP"

"no less than 9% of the populations of Germany and Austria belong to the haplogroup E1b1b, and among those, the vast majority - about 80% -are not associated with Jewish ancestry. "This data clearly show that just because one person belongs to the branch of the Y-chromosome referred to as haplogroup E1b1b, that does not mean the person is likely to be of Jewish ancestry," said Professor Hammer."