Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Blesses Harley Davidsons

Irrelevant

Yes this exactly what the of the leader Catholic church should be spending his time on... blessing Harley's. Not, let's say, I don't know, maybe getting his employees to stop raping kids.

Edited by Cpt.Bonobo
  • Like 1

on there way to get there blessing! its a great gesture imo, shows hes reaching out to all aspects of the community.

• Like 2

Ya know, I am not one who would ever get on a motor cycle..( I fear it ) But for some reason, I love looking at motor cycles.. Harleys are great to look at but in my case not touch ...

I used to love that show - American Chopper

• Like 2

Ya know, I am not one who would ever get on a motor cycle..( I fear it ) But for some reason, I love looking at motor cycles.. Harleys are great to look at but in my case not touch ...

I used to love that show - American Chopper

Forbidden fruit?? cant touch it!

Yep, the Pope blessed an object, (not the riders). How absolutely foolish.

Does that mean the motorcycles will now be blessed to have a happy abundant spiritual life?

Wonder why Jesus didn't go around blessing sticks and donkeys and wells and water vessels so they can have a more spiritual life. UGH!!!!

Yes this exactly what the of the leader Catholic church should be spending his time on... blessing Harley's. Not, let's say, I don't know, maybe getting his employees to stop raping kids.

Can you dislike bull**** on um. If you pay attention to any kind of statistics , then priests do not hurt kids any more or less than fire fighters or police officers. But nooooooooo. It's to much to ask for people not to run with what they here on television and mix it with their own ideologies. Human beings are just stupid. There is no redemption for us.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 4

My brother died on a bike, as a spiritual leader, if that is what he is, he blessed the bike on the surface and in his heart in conversation with his his god asked for protection for the ridders. Im sure if it.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 4

Does that mean the motorcycles will now be blessed to have a happy abundant spiritual life?

Wonder why Jesus didn't go around blessing sticks and donkeys and wells and water vessels so they can have a more spiritual life. UGH!!!!

Here we go again Copen... read the article and then you will see he blessed the riders as well. You won't find Roman Catholics here on UM dumbing down other peoples faith and that say's a lot Copen, just something to think about.

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 3

My brother died on a bike, as a spiritual leader, if that is what he is, he blessed the bike on the surface and in his heart in conversation with his his god asked for protection for the ridders. Im sure if it.

Sorry to hear about your brother Seeker.

• Like 1

I agree they need blessing. Most Harley riders in my area (99.9%) are rude and inconsiderate. they sit idle and rev their engines as if anyone else on this beloved earth wants to hear that infernal noise. Then every Sunday they get their clubs together and drive around the island with their vests on to ensure everyone on the island knows how loud their bikes are and how badass they are.

• Like 1

who is the new pope anyway?

I missed the memo.....

The Argentinian, but don't remember the name.

He did bless the riders too, it says it in the link.

it also mentions something about leather gear, I reckon thats what really caught his attention.

Geez, I can't believe he said, Lord please bless these Harleys, but to hell with the riceburners.

Here we go again Copen... read the article and then you will see he blessed the riders as well. You won't find Roman Catholics here on UM dumbing down other peoples faith and that say's a lot Copen, just something to think about.

You go girl... good for you.. It's about time Catholics stood up for themselves against bitter folk

• Like 2

You go girl... good for you.. It's about time Catholics stood up for themselves against bitter folk

Thanks BM :) . It get's really frustrating reading all the rubbish about the Catholic faith on here and how it seems to be put down all the time. I know there are problems with the RCC but some of the stuff posted on here is just unfair or uncalled for.. just like Copen's post :td:

• Like 2

Blessing of the bikes is not a new thing. Maybe just not heard of unless you ride with clubs, or in poker runs.

Most of us also have/had these :

God, I miss my bike......

THE LEGEND OF THE BELL*

As we all know, life has many mysteries that have no apparent solutions. One of these is Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride. They're also responsiblefor most of your bike's problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work, or the battery goes dead.

Road Spirits can't live in the presence of a bell. They get trapped in the hallow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive. The constant ring of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. (Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed?) The bell has served its purpose. If you have picked up a bell of your own, the magic will work. But if your bell was given to you, the power has been doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.

So, if you have a friend that doesn't have a bell, why not be the person to give them one? It's a nice feeling for the recipient to know you personally cared. The, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the Evil Road Spirits.

bell.jpg

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

Thanks BM :) . It get's really frustrating reading all the rubbish about the Catholic faith on here and how it seems to be put down all the time. I know there are problems with the RCC but some of the stuff posted on here is just unfair or uncalled for.. just like Copen's post :td:

I know, sometimes some other religious people can act so bitter about other faiths..It's so bitter that Jesus himself couldn't help them...

I really wish the Catholics of the board would take a stand and don't take any guff from other religious and non religious people..

From what I have seen over time, the anti Catholicism folk are brutal and have the nerve to call themselves true followers of Jesus? A true follower would strive to ACT like Jesus, not act bitter person with a chip on their shoulder... .. .Following Christ is not about putting each other down, slam other religious leaders and their church, and acting like you know better..I call that arrogance with a side order of pride..and we all know what pride is.in the bible !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I know, sometimes some other religious people can act so bitter about other faiths..It's so bitter that Jesus himself couldn't help them...

I really wish the Catholics of the board would take a stand and don't take any guff from other religious and non religious people..

From what I have seen over time, the anti Catholicism folk are brutal and have the nerve to call themselves true followers of Jesus? A true follower would strive to ACT like Jesus, not act bitter person with a chip on their shoulder... .. .Following Christ is not about putting each other down, slam other religious leaders and their church, and acting like you know better..I call that arrogance with a side order of pride..and we all know what pride is.in the bible !!

You know BM what you say is so true. The thing with me is I respect everyone's faith, even if I don't agree with it. I understand people giving their opinions but slamming their faith is wrong or just having a 'pop' for the sake of it, is not good JIMO. Anyhow had my say lol! Hope you and the kiddies are keeping well :st

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still love to see American products overseas.

Edited by RadicalGnostic
  • Like 1

You know BM what you say is so true. The thing with me is I respect everyone's faith, even if I don't agree with it. I understand people giving their opinions but slamming their faith is wrong or just having a 'pop' for the sake of it, is not good JIMO. Anyhow had my say lol! Hope you and the kiddies are keeping well :st

Everybody worshipping as they choose under their own tree in the Old Testament is what made God mad enough to punish Israel. Jesus put down the priests for not worshipping correctly. That should be the goal for every Christian to seek truth.

Did not say anything to be hurtful but to make others ask, how different is this from the way the apostles taught? Blessing a Ford or a motorcycle is a perversion of worship in truth.

Blessing of the bikes is not a new thing. Maybe just not heard of unless you ride with clubs, or in poker runs.

Most of us also have/had these :

God, I miss my bike......

THE LEGEND OF THE BELL*

As we all know, life has many mysteries that have no apparent solutions. One of these is Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride. They're also responsiblefor most of your bike's problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work, or the battery goes dead.

Road Spirits can't live in the presence of a bell. They get trapped in the hallow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive. The constant ring of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. (Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed?) The bell has served its purpose. If you have picked up a bell of your own, the magic will work. But if your bell was given to you, the power has been doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.

So, if you have a friend that doesn't have a bell, why not be the person to give them one? It's a nice feeling for the recipient to know you personally cared. The, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the Evil Road Spirits.

bell.jpg

Where ever you got your information of where gremlins and other evil spirits hide in bells and how to throw them off is just make believe. Doesn't come from the Bible.