Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Blesses Harley Davidsons

Irrelevant

Everybody worshipping as they choose under their own tree in the Old Testament is what made God mad enough to punish Israel. Jesus put down the priests for not worshipping correctly. That should be the goal for every Christian to seek truth.

Did not say anything to be hurtful but to make others ask, how different is this from the way the apostles taught? Blessing a Ford or a motorcycle is a perversion of worship in truth.

Copen,

Why are you evading what the truth of the article said? :no:

• Like 1

Copen,

Why are you evading what the truth of the article said? :no:

Copen blanked out the part where the Pope blessed the bikers...He is focused on - Its an ...OBJECT... lol

Copen blanked out the part where the Pope blessed the bikers...He is focused on - Its an ...OBJECT... lol

Methinks he is winding me up lol! Anyhow, carry on Copen, whatever rocks your boat :whistle:

Edited by Star of the Sea

• 2 weeks later...

My response to:

"Here we go again Copen... read the article and then you will see he blessed the riders as well. You won't find Roman Catholics here on UM dumbing down other peoples faith and that say's a lot Copen, just something to think about. "

and also:

Inside the Tabernacle and the Temples in the first room were three pieces of furniture. The alter in incense was in front of the veil separating that room, The Holy Place, from the Holy of Holies. The priests were to take burning coals from the outside sacrificial alter and place in this small alter of incense. As the smoke raised heavenly, the prayers of the priests for the Jewish congregations ascended to God.

At one point God got mad because "strange fire," (strange prayers) was being placed in the alter of incense. He didn't say part of the strange fire was bad. The whole thing was bad.

I did not ignore that the riders of the motorbikes were also blessed in that prayer. But blessing the motorbike itself is strange and therefore annuls the whole prayer. Our prayers should be following the examples given us in the Bible. There is no such thing as blessing bells and other such objects. And it gives more glory to demons and evil spirits and tears down defenses the Bible says we are to use - - - the inspired word. The priest that prays for blessings for a bike rider and then adds these make-believe tales is strange fire.

If a glass of milk is rank and spoiled, the rest of milk in the container it came from is also spoiled. Throw out the whole thing.

God bless us all is my prayer.

Edited by Copen

In this case, the Pope's blessing takes a back seat to the best NASCAR prayer ever. It's been Songified to perfection.

[media=]

[/media]

Where ever you got your information of where gremlins and other evil spirits hide in bells and how to throw them off is just make believe. Doesn't come from the Bible.

Did I say Gremlins or Evil Spirits were real?......And, I will say the Bible is filled with fiction.

The information I gave was first hand, I rode, for many, many years....Just as I said in the reply. I posted something else bikers do besides getting their bikes blessed.

Superstition more then anything.

And if you could not see the humor in the legend of the bell, you have issues.

The Bell is on almost every bike, take a look next time you see a group go by. It is just good luck in hopes that the bike and the people on it will never see or meet danger on the bike.

• Like 1

Yes this exactly what the of the leader Catholic church should be spending his time on... blessing Harley's. Not, let's say, I don't know, maybe getting his employees to stop raping kids.

Not going to happen. They look out for their own at the Vatican.

• Like 1

Not going to happen. They look out for their own at the Vatican.

I don't think it has anything to do with being honorable by not snitching on one of their own, they're just trying to save face.

Edited by Mystic Crusader

Perhaps this clip explains it all... :P

WARNING! LANGUAGE WARNING NEAR END....

[media=]

[/media]

My response to:

"Here we go again Copen... read the article and then you will see he blessed the riders as well. You won't find Roman Catholics here on UM dumbing down other peoples faith and that say's a lot Copen, just something to think about. "

and also:

Inside the Tabernacle and the Temples in the first room were three pieces of furniture. The alter in incense was in front of the veil separating that room, The Holy Place, from the Holy of Holies. The priests were to take burning coals from the outside sacrificial alter and place in this small alter of incense. As the smoke raised heavenly, the prayers of the priests for the Jewish congregations ascended to God.

At one point God got mad because "strange fire," (strange prayers) was being placed in the alter of incense. He didn't say part of the strange fire was bad. The whole thing was bad.

I did not ignore that the riders of the motorbikes were also blessed in that prayer. But blessing the motorbike itself is strange and therefore annuls the whole prayer. Our prayers should be following the examples given us in the Bible. There is no such thing as blessing bells and other such objects. And it gives more glory to demons and evil spirits and tears down defenses the Bible says we are to use - - - the inspired word. The priest that prays for blessings for a bike rider and then adds these make-believe tales is strange fire.

If a glass of milk is rank and spoiled, the rest of milk in the container it came from is also spoiled. Throw out the whole thing.

God bless us all is my prayer.

Copen, I think you need to lighten up a bit. I've hightlighted the above to show you how presumptious you are. 'Our prayers should be....' they are not your prayers!! If the Pope blesses something then that's up to him. There is no point trying to preach to Catholics about how to go about their faith. Do you not see that? You may think your way is the right way,, but that does not negate the faith of others especially Catholics. :unsure2:

Peace :P

Edited by Star of the Sea

Funny.....

A simple post about how Bikers get their bikes blessed and people get upset....It is getting them blessed so people do not DIE on them.....It is a faith / superstition thing, and if it makes the person riding feel safer, good deal.

They do this for Ships also, and fisherman...

" Blessing of the Fleet "

I am sure every Harbor in the U.S. does this once a year.

Is something wrong with this?

I say no, religious or not, caring for other peoples lives is a good thing.

• Like 2