Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silver could be used to fight superbugs

Still Waters

Silver could be a precious weapon in the fight against antibiotic resistance.

Scientists have shown that giving tiny amounts of silver at the same time as antibiotics makes the drugs up to a thousand times more effective.

The finding comes in the wake of warnings by Britain’s top doctor that the rise of drug-resistant superbugs could trigger an ‘apocalyptic scenario’ in which even routine operations such as hip surgery become deadly because we have run out of antibiotics.

http://www.dailymail...-000-times.html

I use collodial silver on cuts, scrapes, etc. When I used it daily last flu season, I never got sick, which is rare for me. Have used it with success on sinus and ear infections as well. Im a believer.

• Like 2

I use collodial silver on cuts, scrapes, etc. When I used it daily last flu season, I never got sick, which is rare for me. Have used it with success on sinus and ear infections as well. Im a believer.

This sounds fascinating, I am going to look in to this right away. Thank you.

Use it as a tincture and research the brands offered and the ppm (parts per million). Btw, it works on zits and cystic acne too.I :yes:

• Like 1

I have a friend who makes his own using a silver coin, distilled water and electrolysis. He swears by it using it for cuts, as an underarm deodorant and also takes it internally. A word of warning though, the body has a tough time getting rid of silver and one man who took large amounts of it internally tuned bluish grey all over, and has since earned the nicknamed "Papa Smurf"! Back in the days of film processing this was also known to occur, I think it was from handling silver salts. Other than that I don't know of any harmful effects, but research would be a good idea.

• Like 4

Yep! Collodial silver is awesome. My in laws make their own. I use it for all types of stuff. It works great! Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I take a teaspoon of it....I almost never get sick....

Just be careful you don't take too much, and end up looking like a smurf....

:)

• Like 1

This sounds fascinating, I am going to look in to this right away. Thank you.

Dont bother, just stick to a wider range of veggies/herbs and spices in your diet.

I say dont bother coz the following big fan of collodial silver....turned blue, a real life papa smurf

"Karason’s skin started turning blue nearly 10 years ago when he used a used a silver preparation to treat a bad case of dermatitis on his face that broke out due to stress when his father died"

http://www.katu.com/news/local/12648491.html

.071219_karason_northrup_470.jpg

• Like 1

get all the silver you need out of lil jons mouth

Here is proof that The Greys are real, and they come from our future (and are not extaterrestrial in origin).

We all know that bacteria are becoming more and more resistant to antibitotics, and if current trends continue, super-bugs will be everywhere and we will have little help against them. Enter silver:

As this article says, too much silver in the blood causes a condtion known as "argyria". Among other things ..."Ingesting too much silver can also cause argyria, a condition in which the skin turns a blue-grey colour — and the effect is permanent." Just look at this:

What this tells me, is that our only choice for survival in the future is to take silver supplements of some kind to kill the future superbugs. However, silver is toxic and has worse effects than just causing bluish-grey skin, so someone eventually creates some kind of synthetic silver substitute that turns us straight-up grey. It probably gets mixed into our water system just like flouride.

• Like 2

Interesting article and UM comments.

Hoping progress on this.

Silver-based biostats have been used for years in various textile items. Most of the technology is patented. The patents center around making the silver more effective at lower dosages. If you're interested, the products are sold by a company called Sanitized.

Dont bother, just stick to a wider range of veggies/herbs and spices in your diet.

I say dont bother coz the following big fan of collodial silver....turned blue, a real life papa smurf

"Karason’s skin started turning blue nearly 10 years ago when he used a used a silver preparation to treat a bad case of dermatitis on his face that broke out due to stress when his father died"

http://www.katu.com/...l/12648491.html

.071219_karason_northrup_470.jpg

"I'm Blue, da ba de da ba die.........."

So is now a good time to invest in silver stock?

Here is proof that The Greys are real, and they come from our future (and are not extaterrestrial in origin).

We all know that bacteria are becoming more and more resistant to antibitotics, and if current trends continue, super-bugs will be everywhere and we will have little help against them. Enter silver:

As this article says, too much silver in the blood causes a condtion known as "argyria". Among other things ..."Ingesting too much silver can also cause argyria, a condition in which the skin turns a blue-grey colour — and the effect is permanent." Just look at this:

What this tells me, is that our only choice for survival in the future is to take silver supplements of some kind to kill the future superbugs. However, silver is toxic and has worse effects than just causing bluish-grey skin, so someone eventually creates some kind of synthetic silver substitute that turns us straight-up grey. It probably gets mixed into our water system just like flouride.

:huh:

• Like 1

So is now a good time to invest in silver stock?

Probably not a bad time, industrial precious metals like gold, silver, platinum are likely to go up in value in relation to the U.S. dollar, but not necessarily because they are becoming more valuable, but because our dollar is becoming less so. The more money we print the more watered down its value becomes. Supposedly the ratio of an ounce of gold to a barrel of oil is about the same now as it was fifty years ago (though to be fair I have not researched it), but the ratio of both oil and gold to the dollar has changed dramatically and not in the dollar's favor. I do wonder whether it is better to invest in stock of precious metals or to own the metals themselves?