Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Four Reasons I Think Jesus Really Existed

markdohle

A small handful of scholars today, and a much larger group of Internet commenters, maintain that Jesus never existed. Proponents of this position, known as mythicists, claim that Jesus is a purely mythical figure invented by the writers of the New Testament (or its later copyists.) In this post I’ll offer the top four reasons (from weakest to strongest) that convince me Jesus of Nazareth was a real person without relying on the Gospel accounts of his life.

Continue: http://www.catholic.com/blog/trent-horn/four-reasons-i-think-jesus-really-existed

I do believe he existed, but his name would not have been Jesus and he was not the son of god, he was the son of Mary and Joseph (allegedly) . The rest is a story like all other hearsay, it grows and gets added to along the way.

• Like 2

I do believe he existed, but his name would not have been Jesus and he was not the son of god, he was the son of Mary and Joseph (allegedly) . The rest is a story like all other hearsay, it grows and gets added to along the way.

Do you believe in god freetoroam?

I not only believe it, I expect to actually meet Him soon. In the last few years I've become more and more excited about His return because so many of the things He said would happen just before He came back ARE now happening. For those who simply cannot or will not believe - I feel badly for them.

There's many who claim it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_claimants

What's interesting is that Muslims, Christians , Mesianic Jews acknowledged Jesus as the one in his age, there's a few there who are missing from the list..Barabas, " give us Barabas" was one many thought might be because he led revolts against the Romans another

Ben Judah, .years shortly after Jesus from memory.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menahem_ben_Judah

It's been a long time since I did my overview on this topic.

Edited by Irrelevant
  • Like 1

Jesus still exists Amen. ;):))

And

Hallelujah

For what HE does!

*cartwheel, backflip, etc.*

#redeemer #messiah #savior #redemption #resurrection power #rebirth, renewal of spirit #salvation #born again #only way to God #The Christ #prince of peace

I also believed he walked. But more important is what he stands for and what he is doing NOW.

#smiling

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Like 3

If any man knows God he is known by God.

Corinthians?

Sent by God to do the will of God which is the function of the Christ. If this son was only born in the cosmos his function would still exist. But why would God not manifest flesh? Are we not flesh are we not created by God? Are we not redeemed by God?

We dont know everything about the man Jesus but we are called to walk our own walk. If Jesus example is not adequate whose is? If anothers example is adequate they would see also the Christ. There is only one way to God.

Pray

Fast

Believe

Ask

Seek

Knock

Edited by SpiritWriter

Jesus of course existed. It is only regarding the meaning of his existence that people vary. That doesn't matter. Jesus will do what he has to do, and then all--then living--will find out.

I believe Jesus excisted and John Mark his consin wrote the frist letters about him ,however only one letter made the Bible.

• Like 1

Here's a link to Ben Judah's father, Judas of Galilee . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_of_Galilee

I don't like using wiki as a source, it was simply the first available, and universities will often not allow its usage as credible research in any submission, but this is a forum so forgive me.

Judas Iscariot was son to Simon the lepper ( a Pharisee ) who Jesus is said to of healed.

these two Judas are not related , are not the same ( i am stating this so not confuse the reader)

There was a lot of turmoil in this age.. The Assines ( authors of the dead sea scrolls, and the tribe Jesus is from) were in the the thick of it.

To get back on topic,

What we know is Jesus did exist! He was real, and his words are recorded reasonably accurately by his disciples who we also know did exist.

For me he was a True Son of God, to be the messiah to the Jews would have required them to acknowledge him and forfill there portion of responsibility, even to this day they do not, ( as was shown in the last words of Malachi as warning of what may happen , " or else i will have to come and destroy your country") instead he was betrayed, mocked with " king of the Jews" and the crown of thorns put on his head after he was beaten and bashed was then nailed to a stick for his apparent crimes, the disiples fled out of fear, Jesus found no faith in his people, the temple vail was torn in two,the sun darkened and the earth shook, therefore because of the betrayals and lack of faith Jesus sadley having to go the way of the cross and coming again in some form in a later age, and according to Luke 17 24:25 to once again " suffer much and be rejected ". If it sounds sad its because it was and is. I never paint a happy picture about the suffering of my lord, I've shed many tears for him because he shed many tears and his heart was deeply troubled, in his own words he states this ,yet the happy clappy refuse to see it or find out why.

One thing the bible should show everybody is if you are sent a prophet and mock and reject him he does not use the same group ever again, he therfore wont be born Jewish but Christian, he raises up a new group!! we know that group who is hoped to receive the returning lord as Christians, and Jesus asked they remain watchful. Even giving them many hidden clues..yet it prophesied "the Sun will be darkened (once again), and the moon will not reflect its light" ( the symbol of the moon is the churches/ that reflects the Suns ( symbol of God) light into the darkness of the night) ...this alone with Luke 17 that speaks about the Days of the Son of Man, should be of some concern! perhaps its because there all looking to the sky when in Mathew 24 the angels tell the diciples not too, in that "this same Jesus will come again as you saw him go" that is born, grow , do the mission and assend. Jesus was a mission not a man, he was the messiah and that is a mission,( same as Elijah was a mission)

I would suggest expecting " this Same Jesus" is referring to a spirit working through the anointed individual , in that Jesus refers to The Lord of the Second Advent in the 3rd person " in the days of the Son of Man HE ( not I!) will suffer much and be rejected" & " when the spirit of truth comes HE ( once again) will reveal all and lead you into the light" and there is many more verses... This aspect and basically everything else about the returning lord as well as many other aspects has been completely distorted by established Christianity, its no wonder then that history repeats, it would appear that unless God does exactly what they who teach desire they risk rejecting him, just as Jesus was rejected in his time because he did not fit the exact profile of what there pre conceived notions were.

For those who are still reading,

There is some numerology that also points to our exact time, there's numerology all through the book, 4 is a indemnity number, here is quick reminder of some of this: 40 day flood, 400 ( symbolic) years in Egypt , 40 years before Moses could return from exile, 40 day fast to receive the Ten Comandments, 40 years (symbolic) wandering in the desert, 40 years reins of Saul , David and Solomon, 40 day fast for Jesus, 400 (symbolic) years for Christian persecution in Rome... Note how both Israelites and Christians both went through the 400 year symbolic indemnity period? The Christians in all there glory are the new group being raised to receive the Son of Man! ...hopefully not to repeat the same mistakes,despite all the warnings from Jesus, if that be the case then the Gentiles be used once again, those outside would be called forth, and a new group raised ( reffered to symbolicly as : clouds/" 144,000 who have chosen to wash.." ) would be that group, and those who are of the 6th seal ( mormons) know this because they await them, even having a special service prepared to receive them, the 144,000 ( don't you Mormons !), only problem its just a symbolic ceremony, bit like how the eldest Boy in Jewish household till this day still goes out into the street before dinner and calls for Elijah " where are you Elijah?? Have you come!" How sweet! and what if Elijah did come as Jesus said he did? " I tell you Elijah did come but they did not know him and did to him as they pleased ( they executed him!) ..and so shall they do to the Son of Man" and that they did this to my lord and King, .they executed/ crucified him.

And he did exist!

Existed, he's dead now.

• Like 2

A small handful of scholars today, and a much larger group of Internet commenters, maintain that Jesus never existed. Proponents of this position, known as mythicists, claim that Jesus is a purely mythical figure invented by the writers of the New Testament (or its later copyists.) In this post I’ll offer the top four reasons (from weakest to strongest) that convince me Jesus of Nazareth was a real person without relying on the Gospel accounts of his life.

Continue: http://www.catholic....-really-existed

Save your effort. It is pretty reasonable to assume that a religious cult figure by the name of Jesus existed. There were plenty of those in Palestine at the time, as there are today.

What you will have a harder time proving is that he was the son of a supernatural being who came down and impregnated a virgin... and all the other bizarre stuff that religionists have concocted.

Don´t even bother trying; we have seen enough of the pathetic attempts to do that.

• Like 5

For me he was a True Son of God, to be the messiah to the Jews would have required them to acknowledge him and forfill there portion of responsibility, even to this day they do not, ( as was shown in the last words of Malachi as warning of what may happen , " or else i will have to come and destroy your country") instead he was betrayed, mocked with " king of the Jews" and the crown of thorns put on his head after he was beaten and bashed was then nailed to a stick for his apparent crimes, the disiples fled out of fear, Jesus found no faith in his people, the temple vail was torn in two,the sun darkened and the earth shook, therefore because of the betrayals and lack of faith Jesus sadley having to go the way of the cross and coming again in some form in a later age, and according to Luke 17 24:25 to once again " suffer much and be rejected ". If it sounds sad its because it was and is. I never paint a happy picture about the suffering of my lord, I've shed many tears for him because he shed many tears and his heart was deeply troubled, in his own words he states this ,yet the happy clappy refuse to see it or find out why.

... and you seriously believe this claptrap.

If you had been living in the Melanesian islands 50 years ago, you would be a member of a Cargo Cult and pray to a magical DC-10. Safe bet.

• Like 2

Last week we watched 'The Last Temptation of Christ' for the first time which is now 25 years old (the book 28 years older than that) and I was floored. I can understand why it was so controversial, especially 25 years ago. It's aged really well too and I can't remember another movie I've seen in the past year that's had me thinking about it so much the day after.

• Like 1

... and you seriously believe this claptrap.

If you had been living in the Melanesian islands 50 years ago, you would be a member of a Cargo Cult and pray to a magical DC-10. Safe bet.

I hear your concerns, it is somewhat ridicules, I also hear the concerns of others from other threads I read that echo a similar sentiment ( especially people who study egyptian history and how reconciliation between historians and bible accounts of moses struggle, its because there 200 years of track, but there was a Pharro that was missing and his army, there's nothing missing from the bible account once you know) , even the correct mountain in the bible is known know.

Likewise you initial statement doesn't confound me at all, I respect why you and others feel that way, and could very easily show who Jesus earthly father really was, ( its there if you look) its just out of respect/Love for the others and the" Traditional" Christians I don't answer, and I've already given a rather large statement that's probably hard enough for people to get there heads around , if at all.

I'm more interested in what's going on right now on Gods timetable , and thats heart braking enough..truly it is..exactly as prophesied..

Edited by Irrelevant

I'm more interested in what's going on right now on Gods timetable , and thats heart braking enough..truly it is..exactly as prophesied..

Oh yeah? So what is "prophesied" next? Tell us, and impress us with your divine knowledge.

I can imagine mary having an affair and becoming pregnant and thinking , what shall i tell joseph when he comes home from work, i know i,ll tell him that i,m going to have the son of god.

Nothing, nothing and more nothing.
  • Like 1

Oh yeah? So what is "prophesied" next? Tell us, and impress us with your divine knowledge.

but you dont believe what happened in the past so why should i spill secrets, infact im told not to cast such pearls ( and if i did then what is said happens to those who do cast the pearls would happen to me)..all i will say is to repeat what the Lord said and you see if that comes or is coming to pass

" The sun will be darkened and the Moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from Heaven, then they will mourn as they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven"

that alone should be enough...and i have given the interpretations to the information in my main post if you dont understand the symbolism.

however since you also discount the bible with others , here is some idea of the history shown in a video ..

(please dont assosiate this find with Ron Whyatt, he was a fraud, many knew of it before him and even wrote books) ..yet tradition is a hard thing to break..i hope you do watch this video sometime.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Irrelevant

but you dont believe what happened in the past so why should i spill secrets, infact im told not to cast such pearls ( and if i did then what is said happens to those who do cast the pearls would happen to me).

Bah, copout! That is kindergartern-level argument. If you claim to know something, tell us. Heck, you would convert us disbelievers into believers in a moment.

.all i will say is to repeat what the Lord said and you see if that comes or is coming to pass

" The sun will be darkened and the Moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from Heaven, then they will mourn as they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven"

Now what is that gobbledeegook even supposed to mean? What you mean "the moon will not give its light" -- if sunlight is blocked, well duh, the moon only reflects light. What is "the stars will fall from heaven" supposed to mean in English? The stars are billions of planets, where would they "fall"? Who is "they"? What is the "son of man" supposed to mean? What are "clouds of heaven"?

You claimed to have a prophesy. Well, discombobbled meaningless word soup is not a "prophesy". Write something intelligeble, or admit you have in fact no clue.

• Like 4

He was just like anyother man. Not the son of god but the son of mary and joseph. I

I think it was possible Jesus could've been based on many people and not one.
  • Like 4

Do you believe in god freetoroam?

No, well sort of no, not the man made one anyway. Nature is my "god"

• Like 1

No, well sort of no, not the man made one anyway. Nature is my "god"

Ah, a Spinoza guy :-)

Bah, copout! That is kindergartern-level argument. If you claim to know something, tell us. Heck, you would convert us disbelievers into believers in a moment.

Now what is that gobbledeegook even supposed to mean? What you mean "the moon will not give its light" -- if sunlight is blocked, well duh, the moon only reflects light. What is "the stars will fall from heaven" supposed to mean in English? The stars are billions of planets, where would they "fall"? Who is "they"? What is the "son of man" supposed to mean? What are "clouds of heaven"?

You claimed to have a prophesy. Well, discombobbled meaningless word soup is not a "prophesy". Write something intelligeble, or admit you have in fact no clue.

I'm not here to convert you, I respect your an Atheist, and I respect that you and others hold that position and even why, because what your asked to believe is a difficult bridge to cross, and all this sounds strange.

Edited by Irrelevant