Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police:100 reports of bizarre sightings

Brian Topp

Some could of actually been ghosts too. Have no idea why they would want to call the police over a ghost. The ghost would just disappear with out a trace. Even if they did see what are they going to do arrest it.

Which I'm sure some were mentally disturbed individuals or flesh and blood burglars.

• Like 3

Sounds like there may be some hysteria going on. I don't know if police can charge someone for making a complaint about a possible haunting. It does seem like a waste of police time, but I guess they have to respond to all calls whether they seem unnatural or not.

i dont understand why you would call the cops for this?

• Like 2

Sounds like maybe some magic shrooms are growing near the main water supply? Dunno, maybe everybody has lead pipes there? :D

In the end if you came travelling with high expectations in Nottingham, spending lots of money for this vancancy your eyes will see what you want them to see. I think that's what may have in part been going on there. Some places may have some legetimate paranormal activity I just don't know but it has doubtless been blown out of proportions.

Reporting that to the police doesn't make any sens. What can they do? Nothing and no one can blame them...I've no doubt there maybe some hoaxes by pranksters to unaware tourists but it's not a crime to wear Halloween costumes as long as you do not break any laws.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Foolish mortals! They should not call the cops...

for ghosts.. you must call the Ghost Busters!!

• Like 2

Foolish mortals! They should not call the cops...

for ghosts.. you must call the Ghost Busters!!

Or GHI or the woman in the article.

Maybe Robin Hood is returning to rob the rich and give to the poor!

• Like 1

Some could of actually been ghosts too. Have no idea why they would want to call the police over a ghost. The ghost would just disappear with out a trace. Even if they did see what are they going to do arrest it.

Which I'm sure some were mentally disturbed individuals or flesh and blood burglars.

You know who they really need to call....

• Like 2

That's it, i am no longer posting links of news if people, mods tamper with the title and the subcatagory.

Mrs Gladwin said she thinks that people are becoming more and more open-minded about other-worldly beings.

No.....

People are not being educated anymore. And the education is now TV, the internet, and Movies.

• Like 3

There has been an increase of scary movies with the same kinds of critters as well, I'd say imagination and wishful thinking would cause some of these sightings.

I was a prosecutor for a decade and a half. Two things that should be kept in mind. First, people call the police for anything and everything they either don't understand or can't get done. The assistance for which police are summoned, and the appropriateness of bringing the attention of law enforcement to the situation, ranges from comical to tragical to baffling. Basically, if someone doesn't know quite what to do or what to think, they dial 911 and are often outraged when told it's not really within the competence of the police or something to which that they should divert crime prevention and detection resources.

Second, in part for that reason, and in part because the police wander around day and night keeping an eye out for anything unusual, the gulf between what they know and what winds up as public knowledge could not be crossed by a commercial airliner without refueling in flight. This is especially the case where the occult is involved, as crimes with occult aspects are taken public only when the occult is carefully edited out. By this, I don't mean editing out anything paranormal, I mean that you cannot handle criminal cases in this country unless you pretend no one anywhere actually pursues occult practices (whether delusional or not). Only when there is no avoiding it are you able to raise it, and even then it is massaged (as was the case involving Jeffrey Dahmer, for example).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

the sightings could be happening for a couple reasons,. people are crazy or people really are seeing things due to becoming more enlightend..either way why would you ever call the police, surely calling a priest would be your first port of call..then depending on the supernatural creature either run and hide or buy a cruifix and some silver bullets.. :P

I am sure there are at least 100 kids in any given district that have thought if not acted on making a crank call to 911. If there is a "fad" amongst them to do so, then one upmanship would see us end up with wackier and weirder calls in clusters like this.

Add to this those with over active imaginations young and old and 100 doesn't seem like such a large number at all.

• Like 1