Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

R.I.P. James Gandolfini

BiffSplitkins

(CNN) -- James Gandolfini, who gained fame playing a memorable mafia boss on HBO's "The Sopranos" by giving the role a contemporary twist of visiting a therapist for middle-age anxieties, died after suffering a possible heart attack in Italy, an HBO spokeswoman and the actor's managers said Wednesday.

He was 51.

READ MORE

Bummer!

• Like 2

What shocking news.

R.I.P.

What a talent.....

I really hate to hear that, he was too young to die. I loved the show The Sopranos. He will be missed. RIP.gif

• Like 3

Has anyone seen that movie Romance and Cigarettes he was in. It was a musical and it was pretty good.

Oh dear, he was younger than I am! :cry:

Sobering isn't it Lilly? I'm a year older now than he will ever be.....
  • Like 1

That is sad news. So young. RIP James.

Terrible new really, but then if you are alive now, odds are at some point you will die. Not trying to upset anyone but death is the natural end to a life well lived. May he rest in peace.

.....and sadly, none of us know when the ax man has our name on the handle.

• Like 1

Terrible new really, but then if you are alive now, odds are at some point you will die. Not trying to upset anyone but death is the natural end to a life well lived. May he rest in peace.

.....and sadly, none of us know when the ax man has our name on the handle.

The odds that we will die are 100%, However, not at 51. At that age, most of us expect to still hang around for quite a while.

• Like 1

Way to young... God bless and RIP James G.

• Like 1

He was a great actor. I'll miss seeing him in movies/serials. Sadly heart attacks at that age in men are all too common. Two men in my extended family died of massive heart attacks in their early fifties. You never know when the Reaper is going to pass by you. Try and appreciate every day folks.

• Like 1

True, but in this case death was a bit early IMO. I mean, had Mr. Gandolfini been 71 (verses 51) I think it would have been far less shocking.

RIP James ...

most memorable moment for me was "Get Shorty"

Just a small snippet but he ran with it ... and with the cast ensemble ... no mean feat ...

ahhh ... good man ... will be missed terribly

a walk down memory lane ... just for old times sake ... on guardian.co.uk

James Gandolfini: his film career in clips

James Gandolfini died today; though The Sopranos was his defining part, he had a distinguished career on the big screen. Here we look back at the pick of his roles

link

`

• Like 1

I liked James he was so good in the Soprano's.

• Like 1