Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman being denied citizenship

rashore

It does sound so sickening...More over here are always willing to commit benefit fraud.. What I mean by that is, they claim money for 10 kids when they only have two.( I read about it in our local news papers) ... Then you get the real hard workers who have to break their backs working, something happens to them, they can no longer work due to some serious injury and it annoys them. They can't get out to work again, these people usually face discrimination by their own government.

If I were to go and live in the US, I would only do so with my own money, and our own business..I wouldn't want to sponge off anyone.. I have too much pride to do that..

You know, it makes me so mad, to see people who really, genuinely need help, and then I see women like in the video I posted above.... :angry:

When used properly, these programs really do help people, get back on their feet, which is what they are designed to do. Just makes me mad to see when people take advantage of these programs.

BTW, We would love to have you here, Geri! :yes:

• Like 3

You know, it makes me so mad, to see people who really, genuinely need help, and then I see women like in the video I posted above.... :angry:

When used properly, these programs really do help people, get back on their feet, which is what they are designed to do. Just makes me mad to see when people take advantage of these programs.

You are not alone, I too feel the same way and we know many more do too..... We had a guy come into one of our admin offices, he lost the use of his legs but he was glad to be assigned to office clerk, he said it would drive him crazy if he was to stay at home all day.. He told us that the idea of having to be at home doing nothing and not getting out to work and meet others, was depressing.... I have met single mothers working two part time jobs to feed their kid/s... Then you get the lazy cretins who will sponge off your tax dollars over an ingrown toenail.. :huh: Its not right...sigh

BTW, We would love to have you here, Geri! :yes:

Awww thank you ..You'll never know what may happen... :D..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You are not alone, I too feel the same way and we know many more do too..... We had a guy come into one of our admin offices, he lost the use of his legs but he was glad to be assigned to office clerk, he said it would drive him crazy if he was to stay at home all day.. He told us that the idea of having to be at home doing nothing and not getting out to work and meet others, was depressing.... I have met single mothers working two part time jobs to feed their kid/s... Then you get the lazy cretins who will sponge off your tax dollars over an ingrown toenail.. :huh: Its not right...sigh

Awww thank you ..You'll never know what may happen... :D..

Crap, you can't move from Ireland.. Otherwise I can't claim Irish jokes from a true Irish lass anymore. And yeah, I passed around the Texan and 10 pints of Guinness much to the amusement of all my Irish blood and Texas friends.

• Like 1

Crap, you can't move from Ireland.. Otherwise I can't claim Irish jokes from a true Irish lass anymore. And yeah, I passed around the Texan and 10 pints of Guinness much to the amusement of all my Irish blood and Texas friends.

Ha ha ha ha ohh my rashore you are something lol.. :P .I have hundreds of Irish jokes to share...I'm going to look them up tomorrow for a laugh and post them for you..

Right now, I am off to bed...Catch ya later

• Like 1

If you are not willing to defend your country, why would you want to join it to start with? I can understand that somebody seezz that he did not ask to be born in a certain place and therefore feels no obligation toward it, what I don't understand is that somebody wants to acquire citizenship voluntarily and then seez to feel no obligation.

She said:

I want to make clear, however, that I am willing to perform work of national importance under civilian direction or to perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States if and when required by the law to do so.”

She is willing to defend the country, just not "take up arms".

If I understand this correctly, the law states that this in itself is not sufficient to refuse citizenship. But to qualify as a 'conscientious objector' she must show evidence that her objection is on religious grounds. This is what is completely messed up about the whole situation. Apparently her secular morals aren't good enough.

• Like 1

Hate to burst your bubble, but....

Illegal immigrant and mother of seven, Marita Nelson, receives $240 in food stamps, medications, $700 in

and housing allowance. She entered the US by swimming the Rio Grande. Now she's on a crusade to help other illegals sign up for their free stuff.

[media=]

[/media]

Look, I am not against immigration, we need people coming to the US, who are going to contribute and add to our society, and pay taxes, and such. Like the woman in the OP. It seems she is doing a valuable service in her community. Those are the people we need here. Not people, like in the above video....All they want are free food stamps, healthcare, and SSI....Then they have 6 or 7 kids so they can't get deported....What's even worse, is the reason they have so many kids is so they can get more money in food stamps and federal assistance.

I've walked in to the Social Security office, and seen illegals with 3 or 4 kids, who don't even look over 30, get food stamps and TANF, meanwhile they have manicured nails, smart phones, and a brand new car (usually in someone else's name so they don't have to claim the car as their's....) It is sickening! And they KNOW how to play the system....

I understand not all of them are like that, I'm sure there are many who work hard, and just want a better life for their children, and there is nothing wrong with that. But the leeches need to go home....

Sorry to hear that happened to you. That really sucks....

No real bubble to burst. it was a genuine question. The poster above you also made a comment about illegal with 12 kids so I was just wondering. And I agree with the rest of your post. I´m from Canada where there is no shortage of people who know how to take advantage of the welfare system. However, I also believe that you don´t want to throw out the baby with the bath water. Adding insult to injury, she´s instructing others how to do the same. Shameful!!

Sorry to hear that happened to you. That really sucks....

Thanks. Yes it really did suck. She was on a one day lay-over and that customs a-hole ruined my chances for some luvin'. We never did see each other again. it was over two years before I tried to get into the US again. i´ve never had a problem since then but it is on my customs file as it has come up other times I´ve crossed. It was also shortly after Billy Clinton´s marijuana " I did not inhale" incident. When i said to the officer that even your president has admitted to using pot his reply was " he´s a US citizen". Total dick.

• Like 1

If you are not willing to defend your country, why would you want to join it to start with? I can understand that somebody seezz that he did not ask to be born in a certain place and therefore feels no obligation toward it, what I don't understand is that somebody wants to acquire citizenship voluntarily and then seez to feel no obligation.

Cos it's such a silly indiscriminate question. And completely pointless in terms of modern warfare. it's just an anachronism.

When I reach retirement age,of 64+ I hope to goodness I can defend myself let alone my country. I didn't know the US army would want senior citizens in their troops...

I didn't think they would expect senior citizens to fight for their country...Someone's grandma with her slippers on, and purse containing her pension book, spare dentures, bingo card and an assault rifle to attack the enemy lol

I can see the US army front line - The zimmer frame cadets, fighting along side the blue rinse brigade... :D

Well, exactly. Her mistake was treating that question with more seriousness than it deserved.

Do they really give citizenship to illegal Mexican immigrants with 6 kids?? And no, sh´d probably be cleaning toilets in a fast-food joint or something like that. In my experience, the majority of mexicans are hard workers.

Never really a good idea to be honest with immigration in some matters. About 20 years ago, I was crossing into the US from Canada. Was asked many questions....one being do you have any drugs in your vehicle. i honestly answered no. Asked if I´d ever taken drugs before I answered honestly, yes, I tried it in high school many years ago but didn´t like it. Was asked to pull over immediately and enter into immigration. Was refused entrance because I had admitted taking an illegal narcotic before and was told I´d need a pardon if I ever wanted to enter the US again. I´ve never even been arrested and so have no criminal record. It was just an a-hole customs agent. I suspect this to be an a-hole immigration officer. Never did get to meet ny NJ honey at the Seattle train station :td:

There's another example of how you can make more trouble than it's worth by treating silly bureaucratic questions seriously.

Really, the U.S. Government bureaucratic machine does bear a lot of similarities to the kind of Eastern Bloc bureaucracy during the Cold War, in monolithic unfriendliness and the way that individual, poorly educated and petty minded "officers" have absolute power.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 2

Well, exactly. Her mistake was treating that question with more seriousness than it deserved.

Yea I know, she was being too honest.. Honesty is not always the best policy..Ironic as it sounds..A lot of people using too much honesty land in hot water and get negative results.

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Using what was said a few years ago, with a miss america contestent, this lady should just tell them what the want to hear.

• Like 1