Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Types of alien Life-Forms

greywolfe

Types of Alien Life-forms

Below is a list of the types of life form that can exist in my view. Can anybody expand on this please :-

It is obvious that the multi-verse is teaming with life. For my own clarification I have split such life forms into various groups (see below) :-

1) MORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS - Tied to a single planet with Low-Tech skills.

2) MORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS - Physically tied to a single planet with Low-Tech skills but having advanced metaphysical skills enabling some interaction with types 3-4 & 5 below.

3) IMMORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS - Having Hi-tech skills enabling inter-galactic travel, physical immortality etc.

4) MECHANICAL LIFE FORMS - Machines created by type 3 life forms that have become self aware and operate independently from those who built them. Immortality would also be a logical requirement of this group.

5) MULTI-DIMENSIONAL LIFE FORMS - Those residing in eternal space-time who's existence is no longer dependent on matter to sustain them.

A plant. Not sure what type because we have not found any..yet.

Please define your definition of "low-Tech" and "High Tech"

Good point Taun - I see Low Tech as where Earth is now and Hi-tech as having Inter-Stellar travel tech and physical Immortality.
  • Like 1

A plant. Not sure what type because we have not found any..yet.

Are not plants biological Life -Forms that can exist at both Low Tech and Hi-Tech levels ?

Are not plants biological Life -Forms that can exist at both Low Tech and Hi-Tech levels ?

You have described high tech as : Hi-tech as having Inter-Stellar travel tech and physical Immortality.

Nope, I just mean plants without the inter stellar travel or physical immortality.

You have described high tech as : Hi-tech as having Inter-Stellar travel tech and physical Immortality.

Nope, I just mean plants without the inter stellar travel or physical immortality.

Then such plants would be lo-tech biological Life-Forms ?

Then such plants would be lo-tech biological Life-Forms ?

As the plants on Earth? quote: "I see Low Tech as where Earth is now", not necessarily,

Surely by lifeforms we're talking about sentient creatures that can move around. Unless you're a Triffid, plants tend not to meet those criteria, on the whole.

What would bacteria fall under?

I suppose bacteria would be a lifeform, as it's a kind of creature. However, I suspect what we're talking about here is intelligent lifeforms, such as might be, or might one day be thinking of, visiting us or communicating with us.

Chris harris, seeing ghosts and now this.... can I honestly say you have an over active imagination and have too much time on your hands

Good point Taun - I see Low Tech as where Earth is now and Hi-tech as having Inter-Stellar travel tech and physical Immortality.

Personaly I would have more than just High and Low tech... the lines are two blurred for a set distinction... For example an alien civilization might have extremely high medical tech, but still use "horse and cart" type transportation... One might develop where they have interstellar travel but have extremely low medical tech because an individual life is worthless to them - etc...

And I would probably add a 'species' of sentient cyber systems - Intelligent algorithms... No need for physical bodies, except for an oblect to host the algorithm (a computer or network).. Not Intelligent machines, but intelligent data...

Personaly I would have more than just High and Low tech... the lines are two blurred for a set distinction... For example an alien civilization might have extremely high medical tech, but still use "horse and cart" type transportation... One might develop where they have interstellar travel but have extremely low medical tech because an individual life is worthless to them - etc...

And I would probably add a 'species' of sentient cyber systems - Intelligent algorithms... No need for physical bodies, except for an oblect to host the algorithm (a computer or network).. Not Intelligent machines, but intelligent data...

These are some very imaginative ideas, which I'm glad to see in a forum so heavily populated by cynics for whom 'speculation' is a bad word.

• Like 1

Why no MORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS with High tech skills?

I think they're worth 1000 points.

Greywolfe, according to your proposed cosmic bestiary, is there room for beings of pure "spirit?" Not just ghosts and phantasms and will o' the wisps and such; but non-corporeal beings who, perhaps, once were mortals but now persist in timelessness, eternity--whatever. I'm thinking in particular of the quasi-existences purported by many world religions, which might include a heavenly, paradisaical locale or even a place of disembodied torment, cut off from interaction with peers in endless detachment. Would they be included as Category 5 entities?

Edited by szentgyorgy

Hi Greywolfe

I'd like to help you here, if you want some help.

One thing, we do not know if Multiverses exist. I admit it is a more than intriguing hypothesis, and it does not seem illogical to me, however, I do not think you are grasping the meaning of that term. In order to get greater value from your questions it would pay to be technically correct, please do not take offence to that, it is a genuine observation that I hope will benefit future conversations. There are many theories that hypothesise many types of Multiverse.

LINK - Multiverse.

Perhaps starting with simpler type of life, and how and why they evolve as they do to suit certain environment might be very beneficial to your research as well. As a great and fun starter, can I please recommend the Docufiction - Alien Planet. Not only did Professor Hawking and Michio Kaku collaborate on this, but the effects were done buy George Lucas, which makes it fun and easy to watch.

Good luck with your pursuit.

LINK - Alien Planet.

Sample

• Like 1

Why no MORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS with High tech skills?

Hi-tech includes a full understanding of Biological functions. A full understanding of such functions means that biological mal-functions (i.e Illness and death) are irradicated. Death is not natural - it is an illness that can be cured. Hi-Tech races will always be immortal.

Hi Greywolfe

I'd like to help you here, if you want some help.

One thing, we do not know if Multiverses exist. I admit it is a more than intriguing hypothesis, and it does not seem illogical to me, however, I do not think you are grasping the meaning of that term. In order to get greater value from your questions it would pay to be technically correct, please do not take offence to that, it is a genuine observation that I hope will benefit future conversations. There are many theories that hypothesise many types of Multiverse.

LINK - Multiverse.

Perhaps starting with simpler type of life, and how and why they evolve as they do to suit certain environment might be very beneficial to your research as well. As a great and fun starter, can I please recommend the Docufiction - Alien Planet. Not only did Professor Hawking and Michio Kaku collaborate on this, but the effects were done buy George Lucas, which makes it fun and easy to watch.

Good luck with your pursuit.

LINK - Alien Planet.

Sample

Thanks for your comments and video psyche101. I was not offended by your constructive views and enjoyed the video. I read the wikipedia "Multiverse " defintion and it complies entirely with my understanding of its meaning. Perhaps you thought my understanding fell short as I was refering to flesh and bones creatures etc which reside in a nuts and bolts universe ? These life forms may not have access to the multi-verse but are however still part of it and will gravitate towards a full comprehension of the magnitude and infinate diversity of the multi-verse. As I see it the components in the multiverse are energy and matter. Energy can condense into matter as steam condenses into water. Once mass is achieved that mass has created a space into which it resides. Time is an measuring convention used to quantify the duration of an event. (Distance over speed). The density of space is greatest at the centre of mass and this falls off the further away from the centre that is travelled. I do have difficulty understanding how energy itself is created but currently accept that it may be generated by a Quantum potential differance . So potential differance leads to energy which leads to mass which leads to time. If one overlays thoughts generated within self-aware life forms we may have found the source of that "Quantum potential differance" ? - but we are still left with the what came first issue (Chicken or the egg). I read somewhere that if you think you understand Quantum Physics then you do not have a full command of the subject ! - I will secind that.

Thanks for your comments and video psyche101. I was not offended by your constructive views and enjoyed the video. I read the wikipedia "Multiverse " defintion and it complies entirely with my understanding of its meaning. Perhaps you thought my understanding fell short as I was refering to flesh and bones creatures etc which reside in a nuts and bolts universe ? These life forms may not have access to the multi-verse but are however still part of it and will gravitate towards a full comprehension of the magnitude and infinate diversity of the multi-verse. As I see it the components in the multiverse are energy and matter. Energy can condense into matter as steam condenses into water. Once mass is achieved that mass has created a space into which it resides. Time is an measuring convention used to quantify the duration of an event. (Distance over speed). The density of space is greatest at the centre of mass and this falls off the further away from the centre that is travelled. I do have difficulty understanding how energy itself is created but currently accept that it may be generated by a Quantum potential differance . So potential differance leads to energy which leads to mass which leads to time. If one overlays thoughts generated within self-aware life forms we may have found the source of that "Quantum potential differance" ? - but we are still left with the what came first issue (Chicken or the egg). I read somewhere that if you think you understand Quantum Physics then you do not have a full command of the subject ! - I will secind that.

Hi Greywolfe

Thanks for the courteous reply, great answer, if I may ask more questions, the idea of a multiverse is defined by many different types that have been hypothesised, may I ask, do you favour one in particular? I find the subject fascinating as well myself, and when I can find the time, I like to listen to Jacques Vallee approach the subject. He is a very interesting man with what I feel is probably the most in depth ideas of how this might actually work. I agree with the energy description you have provided, as I understand it, that is how general relativity sees the process too, but with regards to the created energy, that process sounds (to me anyway) like you are pointing at the Higgs Bosun, or have I misunderstood?

Great way to explain your thoughts there too, the difference in potential seems a very likely possibility seeming as what we can achieve from such potentially lethal and powerful forces right here on earth. Awesome stuff potential difference, it always amazed me how much charge can be mustered by it, lets hope that Higgs answers some of these conundrums.

LOL, on Quantum Physics, I could not agree more, well said there!! :tu:

Cheers.

Hi Greywolfe

This is an interesting little essay that one man called Terry Bisson penned for fun. I get a chuckle out of it, and I thought you might enjoy it too.

THEY'RE MADE OUT OF MEAT

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take long. Do you have any idea what's the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads, like the weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there's a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"So ... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? You're refusing to deal with what I'm telling you. The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you beginning to get the picture or do I have to start all over?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Thank you. Finally. Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"Omigod. So what does this meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the Universe, contact other sentiences, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat."

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there. Anybody home.' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"

"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they can only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the Universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we marked the entire sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the Universe would be if one were all alone ..."

http://www.terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html

• Like 3

That Will be what happens to Us some day If we survive ourselfs ! We will Land on a remote Planet and all around us as we scan the horizion we shall see Miles of meat ! miles& miles as far as we can scan ! We shall send out probes,to investagate ! Then we will follow !

Days into our exploration of this strange new world we have founf that It is all Meat ! lean, with beef & pork mixed witn many,many other by-products !

Our computer spectrum and data records show ITs most similar to the Hot Dog once eatten on earth many,many years ago befor we ran out of animals to kill and eat !

The records are always sent back to Earth each second so they back at home can process all this data! Until that is that the Streaming went dead !

Now waht to do the leaders of our Universal Space Agency thought to them selfs ?

Send another Team ? IT took thorty Years for this one to arive upon this Planet.

Crunching the data they find a clue !

The last audio from the surface was a strange crunching noise ! Then blank data !

But imbedded into the audio was a very faint cry !

DONTEATUS ! :no:

• Like 1