Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was this my guide?

FWTW90

I've been putting myself under sleep hypnosis for about a month now. I mainly started doing this because after a few tries it seemed I woke up very refreshed, any kind of joint pain that I had was gone (very weird), and also because I love lucid dreaming. Well I started to up the ante and tried astral traveling. The very first time I tried it I had woken up under sleep paralysis, and in front of me sitting in our chair was a black hooded figure wearing a robe. At first I thought it was my brother for some reason, and the whole time I thought it was my brother even though it clearly wasn't (Not sure if that is relevant, just a fun fact). But my question is was this my guide?

The figure didn't scare you?

That would be a very interesting thing.

I've been putting myself under sleep hypnosis for about a month now. I mainly started doing this because after a few tries it seemed I woke up very refreshed, any kind of joint pain that I had was gone (very weird), and also because I love lucid dreaming. Well I started to up the ante and tried astral traveling. The very first time I tried it I had woken up under sleep paralysis, and in front of me sitting in our chair was a black hooded figure wearing a robe. At first I thought it was my brother for some reason, and the whole time I thought it was my brother even though it clearly wasn't (Not sure if that is relevant, just a fun fact). But my question is was this my guide?

I would just say it's not the way to know for sure if it's your guide or not. There are more direct ways such as making it clear you want to meet your guide and asking your guide to come forward in meditation sessions. They are not allowed to interfer unless you are on a path that is so opposite to what you are supposed to be doing, or unless they are invited to assist.

Don't ever assume just because you see something there, that it is a guide, not unless you have a very strong feeling of just knowing it is. Guides will never appear as something that you can not comprehend, their image is entirely created to cooperate and mesh with your own level of perception at the time, and that's for a reason, it's an undeniable knowing that comes with it. You just know it, as it's almost like a long lost close friend friend or part of your self (higher self). For me to be sure of a guide i would have to expect a lot more clarification, than just becoming conscious on the astral level and seeing the first being there. Astral projection is like navigating a huge city, you are going to come across all manner of things, as well as high traffic areas and the not so nice areas, and you would never walk out of a door onto the city and assume the first person you see hanging out on the street is your tour guide, right?

It could be something passing through or something that resides in that space on the astral level, however it is also possible if it made you think of your brother, that, that is the correct assumption to make, perhaps it's his projected form/higher self on the astral level.

Is your brother a protective kind ?

• Like 2

"You came so that you could learn about your dreams," said the old woman. "And

dreams are the language of God. When he speaks in our language, I can interpret what he

has said. But if he speaks in the language of the soul, it is only you who can understand. .... "

excerpt from :

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Translated by Alan R. Clarke. Published 1992. ISBN 0-7225-3293-8.

I recommend the read ...

:tu:

~

• Like 1

I have seen that exact visage before. I dont know what it was for you, but for me the hooded figure was a challenger. It forced me gather enough will for my first OBEs .

I ended up pinning it on my stairs and took off its hood. It's a monk like figure I got this incredible sense that it had to endure what it does.

I think you might in for an awakening Of sorts. Keep us posted if he comes back.

The figure didn't scare you?

That would be a very interesting thing.

Yes absolutely terrified me, it kept me from attempting round two for a few nights. Had to check my pulse when my body awoken! lol

It could be something passing through or something that resides in that space on the astral level, however it is also possible if it made you think of your brother, that, that is the correct assumption to make, perhaps it's his projected form/higher self on the astral level.

Is your brother a protective kind ?

Thanks for your help/information. I can agree that this was not my guide. As for my brother, I wouldn't say anymore or any less than a normal person. Why you ask?

excerpt from :

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Translated by Alan R. Clarke. Published 1992. ISBN 0-7225-3293-8.

I recommend the read ...

:tu:

~

You're now the second person to recommend this read. May just have to check it out now!

I have seen that exact visage before. I dont know what it was for you, but for me the hooded figure was a challenger. It forced me gather enough will for my first OBEs .

I ended up pinning it on my stairs and took off its hood. It's a monk like figure I got this incredible sense that it had to endure what it does.

I think you might in for an awakening Of sorts. Keep us posted if he comes back.

Interesting, I will sure to keep you posted. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

~snip

You're now the second person to recommend this read. May just have to check it out now!

~snip

Worth considering ... not to expect too much or be too reliant on it but I find Mr Coelho's books portrays such journeys of discoveries oddly familiar in many ways across many different cultures and beliefs.

:yes:

~

In many cultures seeing black hooded figures is normally not a good sign. Did you get any negative feelings associated with it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update: I have only attempted to astral travel a few times since the experience as well as putting my self under. But for some reason night after night I have been lucid dreaming as if I was under sleep hypnosis. I've never had so many lucid dreams on a regular basis in my life. These dreams have also been very dark and sad; all mostly pertaining to death. I've been having a very negative sort of energy around me for about a week now. I don't let it affect me or fill my mind with thoughts, and for the most part I ignore it very well. But for some reason it gives me the sense that something bad is about to happen. Typically I'd not think much of it but for the fact that these dreams and feelings are happening on a regular basis after seeing the hooded figure, really has my scratching me head. Any thoughts?

Edited by FWTW90
  • Like 1

An update: I have only attempted to astral travel a few times since the experience as well as putting my self under. But for some reason night after night I have been lucid dreaming as if I was under sleep hypnosis. I've never had so many lucid dreams on a regular basis in my life. These dreams have also been very dark and sad; all mostly pertaining to death. I've been having a very negative sort of energy around me for about a week now. I don't let it affect me or fill my mind with thoughts, and for the most part I ignore it very well. But for some reason it gives me the sense that something bad is about to happen. Typically I'd not think much of it but for the fact that these dreams and feelings are happening on a regular basis after seeing the hooded figure, really has my scratching me head. Any thoughts?

Instead of trying ever to see and expecting the same, try to see the new and different of the same ...

~

Instead of trying ever to see and expecting the same, try to see the new and different of the same ...

~

I like the perspective! Thanks

• Like 1