Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PS4 VS XBOX one

sod_2011

WEEELLLL.. Let the battle commence my keyboard warriors.

ps3 is superior :whistle:

• Like 1

AMMM who mentioned wii??? ur barred

Edited by sod_2011

My opinions below :

Playstation 4.

Having been a long time gamer ive pretty much been in love with Sony for bringing us the PlayStation franchise. The ps3 i feel was a disappointment this gen, though its game selection was varied and had some amazing titles mainly the uncharted franchise, journey and of course the last of us. The fact developers often criticized its structure for development meant something had gone wrong some ware. The PS4 looks like a step in the right direction, more comfortable hardware for developers to work with without sacrificing tech. Sporting more powerful RAM than its competitor and using the new AMD platform (AMD recently claimed most of the frostbite games are optimized for AMD), With its price tag being $100 less than the Xbox (mainly due to xbox shipping with a peripheral) i think PS4 could be a WInner This generation.

Having said that, i know i will end up buying a Xbox One at some point in this generation cycle, Microsoft has spent alot of money acquiring IPs (15 if where to believe there console unveil). As a gamer i feel i would be left out if i was to not invest in a xbox as i like to try every game damn near out there.

SO for me, its PS4 on release, Xbox 1 maybe a year later and a WiiU when my car-phone warehouse offers me one with my mobile phone contract.

Chow!!

AMMM who mentioned wii??? ur barred

The WiiU is a gateway console, something for us to look at and laugh at in comparison :-) every thread needs a joke :D

• Like 3

outdated chart above.

Updated version:

MLPe57O.png

Microsoft backtracks on Xbox One sharing policies

]Here’s the gist of what they’re changing:[/b]

You won’t need to be online in order to play games. Downloaded games will work just the same online as they do offline if they’re single-player.

Games will work on the Xbox One just as they do on the 360, meaning that when you put a disc in to play, it’ll just play. No linking to single accounts and no not being able to loan the physical game out to friends. In fact, there’ll be no more restrictions on loaning or trading games at all.

Your Xbox won’t need to check into every 24 hours anymore.

No more region locks, so you can play an Xbox One anywhere even if it hasn’t been released in your country’s market yet.

The family sharing plan will basically no longer exist, because the account link that would have enabled it is gone.

http://edition.cnn.c...-drm/index.html

What a bunch of losers. For all this time they've been defending their new bs policies. And now JUST LIKE THAT, they reverse them. Just goes to show how easily ready they are to screw everyone over. Unless the gamer stands up and fights.

Here another loser, defending Xbox policies...acting like it's impossible to revoke them:

Cliff Bleszinski Backs Xbox One DRM

Gears of War designer and former Epic Games developer Cliff Bleszinski has thrown his support behind Microsoft's Xbox One and its new DRM measures that seek to control the use and sale of used game discs. Speaking via Twitter, Bleszinski posted several comments expressing his support of the Xbox One's move towards a DRM-controlled used game market, saying that AAA development costs as they are now cannot be maintained in a marketplace that also supports used games.

"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people," he said.

"The visual fidelity and feature sets we expect from games now come with sky high costs. Assassins Creed games are made by thousands of devs."

"Newsflash. This is why you're seeing free to play and microtransactions everywhere. The disc based day one $60 model is crumbling.

"Those of you telling me 'then just lower game budgets' do understand how silly you sound, right?" said Bleszinski.

He also said that people mad about Xbox One's mandatory online check-in every 24 hours are directing their anger at the wrong people.

"If you can afford high speed internet and you can't get it where you live direct your rage at who is responsible for pipe blocking you," he said.

http://www.gamepolit...ks-xbox-one-drm

is that so Cliff?? This is the only way, is it Cliff?

Ha, he made a real fool of himself.

Edited by Render

My biggest concern is the " 8 Core Microsoft Custom CPU "

What is it actually ? A totally new architecture or the usual mish mash patch on of multiple proprietary standards ? What does it actually do ?

Anyway I prefer this kind of hands on 'consoles' :D

306795_395768740489204_625037218_n.jpg

hands off kids ... this ones for daddys only ... hehehehehehee

`

• Like 4

These kind of topics make me feel old: I have no fkg clue what it's about, lol. Yeah, I understand it must be some kind of game, and there it stops.

• Like 3

These kind of topics make me feel old: I have no fkg clue what it's about, lol. Yeah, I understand it must be some kind of game, and there it stops.

you need to find more immature adult s to hang out with ... :lol:

998245_603025716388246_762538586_n.jpg

hiya !! ... :lol:

• Like 2

I pre-order a PS4 from Amazon, the way i see it, the Ps4 is more powerful, even though in reality the difference between the two ps4,Xbox1 might be hard to detect, - Its clear Sony have learned from the Ps3 mistakes - listened to the developers and gamers and i believe delivered a near perfect next gen console. Microsoft i haven't a clue what they were thinking with their offering at E3. it just shows how out of touch they are. if they dont understand their own fan base, what chance have they got of delivering the goods, just look at the huge and embarrassing u-turn they've had to pull for proof. only because the Pre-sale figures were dire in comparison to Sony's Ps4. i seen a figure somewhere from Amazon.co.uk who stated their console sale/pre order is up 4000%. with combined Ps4/Xbox1 pre-orders of 2,500 a day. but with the Ps4 performing better at the rate of 3 to 1. im not a avid gamer. playing mainly only Fifa, GTA. maybe BF4. i have no preference with consoles, im not loyal to any brand. i like to see strong competition between all console manufactures, because the stronger the competition the better for us the consumer. we win in the end, better products, better choice and cheaper retail prices.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

32341_499845613409253_1830967455_n.jpg

ahhh .... such memories .....

:lol:

`

• Like 5

There is no debate, it is the PS4 :gun:

• Like 2

We have always had an xbox, however ps4 has been preordered this time :tu:

• Like 3

Xbox.

...But I'll have both of them anyway.. at some point.

We have always had an xbox, however ps4 has been preordered this time :tu:

.....and who said returning from the dark side was impossible.....

;-)

• Like 2

the 'used game' issue will be the thing that makes or breaks either console.....

• Like 1

PS4 me.

Despite being cheaper, PS4 has the technical advantage, except for the camera which I don't want anyway, and in general I prefer Sony's exclusives over Microsoft's and Nintendo's.

Lately I've been obsessed with watching Planetside 2 videos on YouTube, but I'm also looking forward to Destiny, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Elder Scrolls Online, DC Universe Online, Tom Clancy's The Division, Infamous: Second Son, Metal Gear Solid 5, Drive Club, and Outlast.

Thank goodness I finally got a job so I can afford all that, though Planetside 2 and DC Universe will be completely free and Drive Club and Outlast will be included with PS+.

Greatness awaits.

Edited by MysticStrummer
  • Like 2

PS4 in the House of Chubb, just like the last 2 generations.

I think I will wait for the 'post-christmas' price drop though, PS3 is going out on a high and I am enjoying the Wii U too much to consider splashing out on another console yet...

• Like 2

Pity about having to pay to play online on the PS4. I'll be getting one though :w00t:

• Like 1

Pity about having to pay to play online on the PS4. I'll be getting one though :w00t:

Wow, did not know that. Not much of an online gamer myself but it is enjoyable in small doses. Not really going to swing my opinion but its not good news for me.

Yeah that was the low point of E3 for me, but the more I look at what you get with PS+ the more I can see the value, especially with my game buying/playing habits.

1) I've bought a lot of indie titles, themes, and avatars that ended up either free or discounted through PS+

2) I enjoy participating in betas, and PS+ members get in earlier

3) Even though I buy most games I'm interested in right away, if they become free through PS+ later I can trade the disc in toward something else

4) I'll take advantage of the Full Game Free Trials a lot, and if I don't buy a game because the trial shows me I don't like it, PS+ will have saved me money

5) There have been many games I didn't want enough to buy, but would have at least tried when they became free through PS+

Everyone has to assess the value of PS+ for themselves, but it will pay for itself with my gaming habits.

• Like 2

Ive just renewed my PS+ for another year (after the confirmation it will carry over with your PSN to PS4) I have already got 5 games i was intending on grabbing so i have already got my £40. However there is more to come this year and a free copy of Drive Club PSN Edition when PS4 launches i simply cant wait ^^

• Like 1

PS Plus is so worth it. For 50 bucks a year I have gotten around 15 free full PS3 games and about 15 free psn games. Not to mention 75% or more off of other titles. I had to upgrade my PS3 to a 1tb drive so I could have the space to download all the free stuff I've gotten. Cloud storaghe for saved data makes backing up a breeze, too.

PS Plus will be required for online play on the PS4, but it's one hell of a value, as they will continue to offer free PS4 titles every month like they do now.

• Like 1

PS4 I pre ordered PS4 as soon as amazon started taking them.

Playstation 4 has my vote...Despite Microsoft's earnest attempt to undo all the damage their press conference at E3 did, I think it's safe to assume the damage is permanent. Microsoft has shown a great deal of disrespect to its customers and, in turn all developers (who are also gamers).

• Like 2