Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy allegedly chews pop-tart into gun shape

Gummug

In case anyone doubts how ridiculous school "discipline" is getting, there's this:

An 8-year-old Maryland boy got a standing ovation and a lifetime membership to the National Rifle Association after being suspended from school for gnawing a Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun.

At a Wednesday night fund-raiser for local Republicans, state legislator Nicholaus Kipke presented Josh Welch with the membership, which cost $550.

The boy, who was 7 at the time, was suspended March 1 from Park Elementary School in Anne Arundel County after school officials said he chewed a Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...8#ixzz2WrjKwTRI

eta: If you read the link, he was actually trying to chew it into the shape of a mountain. Also, hopefully nobody already covered this.

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 2

Pussification of America

• Like 3

My brother ( as a kid ) used to do that with some of his food for a laugh... He was like many young boys, fascinated by guns... Boys will be boys, and playing guns is a common thing with many of them... It doesn't mean any harm..

I lost count how often I saw him running around the street pretending he was shooting,( making fake machine gun noises ) with his young friends joining in.. The only time I didn't like it was when he had a water pistol...In those days, it was not seen as harmful or even offensive... Now days it is completely gone haywire !!!

Too many sensitive people, too much political correctness ...I mean, my dad as a kid used to play - Cowboys and Indians.. In this day and age that too can be classed as offensive... It should be called - Cowboys and Native Americans..but without the toy guns..!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

Pussification of America

Yep. :tsu:

This is just getting ridiculous....Mass hysteria must be going around.....

• Like 4

He needs to be put on medication.

LOL! :)

No, it's obvious some adults need to take a "chill" pill.....

• Like 3

I mean, my dad as a kid used to play - Cowboys and Indians.

We played this as kids (I'm 38, so not that long ago really). We actually tied each other to trees with clotheslines and pretended to scalp each other. We read a lot of older books.

Today we probably would be whisked off to a therapist.

My autistic son likes first person shooter games... he has great aim too. Sometimes he makes his hands like guns in stores and stuff and makes soft shooting noises and I have to quickly stop him from his happy daydreams. I wonder if someone will call the cops one day or something. It's all ridiculous.

• Like 1

whole new meaning to the old saying "eat lead dirt bag"

growing up in the sixties and seventies was , it seems, the last decade where kids could , in fact, be kids. I feel so sorry for our children in this country now. Its so sad.

sadder yet is the possibility that a return to simple family values and common sense in our country's future, is not a possibility at all.

F#&K PC

• Like 3

BAN POP TARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

02PopTarts.jpg

pop_tart_gun.jpg

-courtesy-of-chip-bok.jpg?h=370&w=490

poptart-guns-1-e1362953475289.jpg

5138d24326f15.preview-620.jpg

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 5

The public of that community should protest and call for a psychological evaluation on the school members who suspended the little boy. Can't have people with gun anxiety working in the school system.

• Like 2

A woman last year was bragging to me how her 4-year-old grandson could already play GTA. That is really not something to be proud of and such video games are not really suitable for that age group.

Pop-tarts might be too sugary for 7-year-olds as are sodas. Then we have high rates of obesity and diabetes as a national problem.

Now you all know the post above me is a off topic comment to suck you into another debate, right? So word to the wise, don't respond to that one, people.

Be careful, now...Mr. Progressive is very good. He plays on your emotions. lol.

Edit; Left out a word.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 2

• Like 4

Now you all know the post above me is a off topic comment to suck you into another debate. So word to the wise, don't respond to that one, people.

Be careful, now...Mr. Progressive is very good. He plays on your emotions. lol.

I noticed...When I read posts like that, I tend to think of those dried up prunes they put in porridge..lol :D

• Like 3

My son likes to eat Pop-Tarts and I cannot lie, I do too. That is until today.

After reviewing the ingredient list and the overall nutritional content of these things (I will not even call them a food), I realized they are pure JUNK!

These are not for breakfast nor are they for a snack! They are essentially a giant candy bar, filled with sugar and sodium. The only place these should go is in the trash! So repeat after me: No more Pop-Tarts!

Think I am being harsh? Ok, let’s take a look at the ingredient list...

*snip*

Is this even in English?! These things have over 50 different ingredients and I am pretty sure nothing in them is of nutritional value to our bodies. (That is a red flag right there—if there are more ingredients in your product than you can even pronounce, chances are it is not good for you! )

*snip*

http://workoutmommy....st-think-again/

Whatever shapes are being made with them are less of a concern than their content to begin with.

Edited by The world needs you

What kind of numbskull do you have to be to not know they're not healthy?

What kind of numbskull do you have to be to not know they're not healthy?

Especially if they are shaped like guns....

• Like 1

As usual this is another case of parents using their children to push across their political agendas. Like religion children should be able to grow up and decide on their own and definitely not become the mouthpieces of their parents.

The child's father, William "B.J." Welch, alerted local media to the incident, and Welch and his son Josh, 7, soon found themselves on CNN and Fox News, while conservative bloggers across the country opined on the matter.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-03-04/news/bs-md-ar-park-pastry-gun-20130304_1_william-b-j-welch-pastry-student-handbook

What happened to the days where parents disciplined children after a suspension instead of running to the media and trying to turn it into a political crusade?

The father, B.J. Welch, is on the

discussing the incident where the father says the head principal claimed that in a meeting with him, "...it seem that the focus in her eyes was not really anything to do with the presence of something that looked like a gun. Her statements to me revolved more around, you know, Josh has been a disruption before due to his, you know, hyperactivity and whatnot and this was kinda just like, you know, the final straw and that is what led to his suspension... (sic).

Notice all the "you knows"?

The father also states it was not even a Pop-Tart but something like a Danish pastry and the media has chosen to use that because it is easier to get across. He also does not blame the teacher but the assistant principal for what he is labeling as "overreaction" on her part.

B.J. Welch also has a fb page filled with interests that link to other fb pages such as No Hope for the Human Race, 2nd Amendment, American Gun Rights, Advantage Tactical Company, LLC, Anne Arundel Politics, Survivalsupplyandtraining.com, RE Factor Tactical, Policing the Police, Warrior4Justice, ReadyAimBid.com, Concealed Nation, Say No To Gun Bans, Islam Exposed (the truth about Islam), Stop Amnesty, Libtards, Breitbart - One Voice Silenced, Millions Awakened, TEA Party Rockers, DNA Guns, Constitutional Patriot(s) of America, Responsibly Armed, AK-47's For a Peaceful and Free America, Second Amendment Check, Mega Guns, Survival Preparedness, Living Off the Grid, The Right To Bear Arms, Rowdy Conservatives, The Three Percenter's Club, National Rifle Association, Parents for 2nd Amendment-FL, Lock N' Load With Lindsay, The Angry Conservative-Truth liberals Hate, 1 Million Moms Against Gun Control, INC, etc. Survivalists Prepping, Maryland against gun control, Magpul Industries Corp., Guns.com, Conservative Freaks, Police State USA: Land of the Checkpoints, AmmoHeads, Filming Cops, Freedom For Firearms, Silverado Gun Show, 1,000,000 Patriots Defending Our Second Amendment Rights., American White History Month, I Love My Gun Rights, Gun owners against Piers Morgan, One Million Dads For Gun Rights, I Support The 2nd Amendment, National Association for Gun Rights, Defend Assault Weapons - I dare you., Prepare to Take America Back, FULL of Weapons, Dude! Where's My Liberty, tacticaltshirts.com, Americans Against Assault Weapons Ban, American Specialty Ammo, Second Amendment Foundation, Time To Thin The Herd, etc.

There are more and no link will be provided to his fb page since a few vulgarities are present.

So, they are also claiming the suspended student was not making a gun but a mountain shape...but is it really any surprise where he is getting his ideas from?

Edited by The world needs you

I love the kids reaction to the hoo-ha...

“Everyone keeps asking me why I did it,” he said. “I don’t know why I did it ... I wish people would stop asking me about it. It’ll probably go on for 45 years or something."

It's the "45 years" bit which makes me laugh, it's such a specific number to pick for describing an indefinable period of time. If he'd said 30 or 40 or 50 years I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, because these are the sort of numbers you'd expect to hear when someone talks about about the near future. 45 seems so arbitrary, I love it!

Although I must admit what he said still makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I just wrote (or should that be 'I've just written'). I'm sorry I'm cutting down on cigarettes and my mind isn't coping.

Sod it, hit the post button Walt and rid yourself the pain of re-writing it again...

No don't try and edit it it'll only make it worse. Go away and think about what you've done...

Edited by Walter White
  • Like 3

I love the kids reaction to the hoo-ha...

It's the "45 years" bit which makes me laugh, it's such a specific number to pick for describing an indefinable period of time. If he'd said 30 or 40 or 50 years I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, because these are the sort of numbers you'd expect to hear when someone talks about about the near future. 45 seems so arbitrary, I love it!

Although I must admit what he said still makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I just wrote (or should that be 'I've just written'). I'm sorry I'm cutting down on cigarettes and my mind isn't coping.

Sod it, hit the post button Walt and rid yourself the pain of re-writing it again...

No don't try and edit it it'll only make it worse. Go away and think about what you've done...

Oh Sherman..... :lol:

Made me chuckle, you did...

A woman last year was bragging to me how her 4-year-old grandson could already play GTA. That is really not something to be proud of and such video games are not really suitable for that age group.

Was this in response to me saying my autistic son plays first person shooters and is good at them? :huh: My son is 14 and there are a lot tamer fps's than GTA. He may be disabled, but that hardly translates into a future of going on mass shooting rampages...

• Like 3