Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The giant snake that can open doors

Still Waters

We have numerous geckos, and they are good for controlling mosquitoes, although nowadays mosquito control has kinda taken away their job so we have to throw them bits of fish. The resident cats would dearly like to get their hands on them, but the geckos are too smart to come down from the ceiling.

I don't think of them as pets, but as co-residents who come and go as they please.

When a python learns how to drive a car(automatic as opposed to stick shift) we're in trouble.

Lets see, it uses its mouth to insert and turn the ignition key.

Then it uses its mouth to grasp on the steering wheel.

Then it uses its tail for acceleration and braking.

Oh God, first monkey's driving cars... then maybe this... I think I'll have another beer, put myself to bed and cry.

• Like 2

The door has a handle instead of a knob which would have been much more impressive to see but I must say, this video creeps me out on so many levels... the dull thud of the snake hitting the ground, and worse the woman in the background saying, "good job" like she's training a herd of murderous door opening pythons to be her minions.

• Like 1

Just a fluke I'd say,

She has previous for housebreaking & burglary!

• Like 1

I'm suspicious. Why did the person shooting the footage film it from the other side of the door instead of showing it reach up and the snake put it's weight on the door knob to open the door.

Could be fake,but that snake is huge its a Burmese they are nasty snakes.

I hope they are carefull this snake can kill her.i use to like snakes no more.

Yeah, I don't think I would have that type of snake running loose in my house.

Especially if there are pets, children, or any humans for that matter.

Geeezuz, pythons opening doors!! What's next???.....pythons packing UZI's?? :o:gun:

• Like 1

Thank god all of my doors are knobs...

Ooh, they will learn that too.

I'm installing safe-locks on my doors. 31-left, 24-right, 19-left, 88-left, 7-right , break that you oversized worm. :P

• Like 2

I doubt it was fake, since I saw the same snake try the same thing on another door. The article notes the snake was trained to do it.... Bathroom doors can be easier to open than IE Front doors ( Front doors can be heavier ) The second door the snake was trying to open, looked more like a front door to me..... With that aside, the poor snake is long dead, he died from an infection back in 2012..This was mentioned in the article.

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

i believe animals are amazingly smart and clever and have done amazing things that shock people.i am not that surprised really to be more than honest.i believe anything is possible so.that's just me and etc.and yeah anything is possible one just has to believe that's all.

• Like 1

My Staffy could open doors, too old to jump that high now. Plus when we moved it's all knobs on the doors now. No more late night wake ups thinking someone broke in, lol. But i want this snake. Just with locks.

• 2 months later...

WOW...Hopefully they won't be able to open locked doors.

• 1 year later...

Surely this is hoax,, I have this Victorian door bought from this link, for all we know Victorian doors are not that hard because it is like cork in the inside,, just as that door. So how come even my 2 adult dogs don't even know how to securely open the door and so with that snake that no options but to crawl?