Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramids found in the Bermuda Triangle

LucidElement

I have not gotten the chance to read this article kama it was brought to my attention saying that the pyramids that were found in the Bermuda Triangle are bigger than those in Egypt.

http://www.altering-perspectives.com/2013/06/giant-pyramids-and-sphinxes-found-in.html?m=1

• Like 2

apperently their also made of glass or crystal

I have not gotten the chance to read this article kama it was brought to my attention saying that the pyramids that were found in the Bermuda Triangle are bigger than those in Egypt.

http://www.altering-...und-in.html?m=1

The article is from 2013, but Paul Weinzweig has been at this since 2002 at least...

http://pqasb.pqarchi...ITY OF ATLANTIS

From the OP Link:

Evidence that the island of Cuba is the vestige of a once mighty culture is supported by Zalitzki’s discovery on the island of extremely ancient symbols and pictograms identical to those seen on the underwater structures.

Using exploration submersibles, they discovered amazingly huge pyramid structures similar to (but larger than) the pyramids in Giza, Egypt. They estimate the Atlantis pyramids are constructed with stones weighing many hundreds of tons.

Can any of this be shown to be true? Where are the pictures of these pyramids,? Why has no exploration been done in 12 years? Where are the examples of these symbols?

The photobucket links on that site are dead too.

Edited by DieChecker

its all very interesting

shucks. I wish someone would find something that spectacular! I wonder how large cuba may have been before the seas rose? maybe joined to other islands or to the Yucatan ? or Florida?

post-86645-0-09400200-1372207663_thumb.j

Edited by lightly

One thing I thought was interesting was the one comment about how if these pyramids are over 500 feet tall (Taller then the Great Pyramid), that if they were in 600 feet of water, the tops would easily be visible from the surface.

From the OP link's comments...

Upon checking the "giant Sphinx" link, the above story seems to be taken from it, abiet a shorter version. In the larger one, this is stated: "The ancient city is 600 feet below the ocean and the team of researchers led by Zalitzki Weinzweig is convinced that it is Atlantis, the city lost by more than 10,000 years." This statement is in bothe versions:"Using exploration submersibles, they discovered amazingly huge pyramid structures similar to (but larger than) the pyramids in Giza, Egypt." The Great Pyrimid of Gaza is 481 feet tall, so these are supposedly bigger.

If "Atlantis" is only 600 feet below the surface and these pyrimids are taller Gaza, than their tops should be right under the surface. Just assume that these are around 500 feet tall, then you only have about 100 feet (or less) of water covring them. That is about 33 yards (visualize a football field),,,,not a lot of room to keep something that big hidden that long...

Also, most seagoing ships sit 25 feet in the watr(on average) so there sonar shou find it easy....

The pic of the "city" has to be taken more than 100 feet above, btw.

• Like 1

And ?

If site called Bosnian hill pyramid then its not credible site. At any rate.

Edited by the L

If site called Bosnian hill pyramid then its not credible site. At any rate.

Maybe you should read a few pages to see what it's about :D

What is bothering you: the fact that I call hills "pyramids", or the fact that I call "pyramids" hills?

Going to read more this afternoon but would anyone happen to have the location on a map of these pyramids?

Just trying to find where in the Bermuda Triangle these things are.

Couldn't find where, just about that 'they' found them. Boooo :td:

Going to read more this afternoon but would anyone happen to have the location on a map of these pyramids?

Just trying to find where in the Bermuda Triangle these things are.

Couldn't find where, just about that 'they' found them. Boooo :td:

Wiki has an article about the 'Cuban_underwater_city', it's supposedly located at these coordinates N 21.77255 W 84.83674, which is about 730 kilometers from closest southern edge of the Bermuda triangle...

Bermuda_Triangle.png

I am interested as well. Wonder if a professional team, I don't know, maybe from National Geographic or something can further investigate the claims.

Realizing all this costs lots of money, and some claims are just bogus(or misidentified) I hope they are able to fund or get funding to study this.

Edited by pallidin

Wiki has an article about the 'Cuban_underwater_city', it's supposedly located at these coordinates N 21.77255 W 84.83674, which is about 730 kilometers from closest southern edge of the Bermuda triangle...

Bermuda_Triangle.png

I think it's rather interesting that while the Wiki article claims it's "between 600 metres (2,000 ft) and 750 metres (2,460 ft)" deep Google Earth actually places that location at 4500+ feet below sea level. Looks like someone was fudging their measurements and still got it wrong. Not that either of the two depths are evidenced as having been above sea level within the last 6000 years, the former according to the original (2001) story, they're not.

cormac

• Like 2

Maybe you should read a few pages to see what it's about :D

What is bothering you: the fact that I call hills "pyramids", or the fact that I call "pyramids" hills?

Im sorry. I didnt notice that you called pyramids hills.

Problem solved.

When I see Bosnian pyramid something strikes me in my head that my mind become fog.

Its all about naive tourists, sadly.

• Like 1

Im sorry. I didnt notice that you called pyramids hills.

Problem solved.

When I see Bosnian pyramid something strikes me in my head that my mind become fog.

Its all about naive tourists, sadly.

No problem :)

Back to the Cuba "pyramid": in the last part of this article, I've tried to make a summary of what is known of the Zelitsky/Weinzweig discovery, along with a link to and some commentaries about the only report by a scientist, the geologist Dr. Ituralde-Vinent.

Edited by Irna

Bermuda_Triangle.png

I think the Cuban underwater city is a different thing. The underwater pyramids are supposedly to the east of the Bahamas I thought.

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/city.htm

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/lostcity.htm

Edited by DieChecker

I think it's rather interesting that while the Wiki article claims it's "between 600 metres (2,000 ft) and 750 metres (2,460 ft)" deep Google Earth actually places that location at 4500+ feet below sea level. Looks like someone was fudging their measurements and still got it wrong. Not that either of the two depths are evidenced as having been above sea level within the last 6000 years, the former according to the original (2001) story, they're not.

cormac

It's also interesting that no ruins are found anywhere on the actual Cuban island from 6-10 thousand years ago, I'd think they'd build somewhere besides on an underwater hillside...

• Like 3

I think it's rather interesting that while the Wiki article claims it's "between 600 metres (2,000 ft) and 750 metres (2,460 ft)" deep Google Earth actually places that location at 4500+ feet below sea level. Looks like someone was fudging their measurements and still got it wrong.

For a second I thought on Abyssopelagic valleys then I notice "feets".

• 7 months later...

bumping this for an update

One of the links says, "Unfortunately for the world of science, there is no way of verifying this "discovery": regrettably, Dr. Brown’s diving companions drowned whilst trying to return to the pyramid, whilst Dr. Brown himself, now no longer with us, kept his discovery hidden for years for fear of having his crystal confiscated by the U.S. government, and the pyramid was never found again."

What? the site also says, "The story is of course a hoax - and not a very recent one,..."

That is the worst stab at debunking I've ever seen and makes me think this is probably true.

★Pyramids Giant Sphinx~ Atlantis Found In Bermuda Triangle ~ AMAZING Underwater Photography★★★ | Beyond Science

A mile deep = 1609 meters

if so, could that pyramid be part of the city of atlantis

I started the BS meter running when I read that the Arctic ice cap melting caused massive flooding. Also teh massive tectonic shifts just a few thousand years ago is bad science al the way around. Hoax.

Edited by Merc14

bumping this for an update

One of the links says, "Unfortunately for the world of science, there is no way of verifying this "discovery": regrettably, Dr. Brown’s diving companions drowned whilst trying to return to the pyramid, whilst Dr. Brown himself, now no longer with us, kept his discovery hidden for years for fear of having his crystal confiscated by the U.S. government, and the pyramid was never found again."

What? the site also says, "The story is of course a hoax - and not a very recent one,..."

That is the worst stab at debunking I've ever seen and makes me think this is probably true.

★Pyramids Giant Sphinx~ Atlantis Found In Bermuda Triangle ~ AMAZING Underwater Photography★★★ | Beyond Science

A mile deep = 1609 meters

Please look up the human limit to diving. Clearly, you can't dive to that depth.