Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk Aussie lets seven-year-old drive home

seeder

Drunk Aussie lets seven-year-old drive him home

Police on Friday charged a drunk man after pulling over a car on Australia's Gold Coast to allegedly find a seven-year-old boy driving him home at 3:00 am.

A patrol car stopped the vehicle after it went by without its headlights on early Friday, to find the boy at the wheel and the man in the passenger seat.

"A man has been charged with serious traffic offences after police intercepted a car allegedly being driven by a seven-year-old boy at Surfers Paradise in the early hours of this morning," police said.

The 41-year-old was charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and being an adult in charge under the influence of alcohol.

The boy is now in the care of relatives with Queensland state Transport Minister Scott Emerson saying he was stunned.

"I shake my head and am shocked by the madness of this," Emerson told ABC radio.

more

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/drunk-aussie-lets-seven-old-drive-him-home-023814499.html#hfpoP5Z

Good job the kid didnt have a beer too, they might have got lost if so

• Like 8

People can make some stupid decisions when they are drunk. Glad the kid didn't have a wreck.

I drove a drunk around one time when I was 15. I was with a friend when we ran into another older friend. I didn't have a drivers license but he was so drunk he didn't mind me driving so we stuck him in the backseat where he passed out and we cruised town. When we were ready to go home we didn't know what to do with him. He was still passed out in the back seat. We finally after a while got him awake enough for him to go home so we could go in and go to bed.

• Like 1

One time I was drunk and the driver was more drunk ... he couldn't drive ... I didn't want to drive ... saw a police patrol car passing by ... I flagged the cops and told them of my predicament

One of the cops drove my pal home and they sent me home after ... nice guys ... we talked of the good old Anfield days all the way ... just about a half hour cruise

Bought them and the families dinner a few weeks later ... :lol:

the things drunks get into ...

`

• Like 6

One time I was drunk and the driver was more drunk ... he couldn't drive ... I didn't want to drive ... saw a police patrol car passing by ... I flagged the cops and told them of my predicament

One of the cops drove my pal home and they sent me home after ... nice guys ... we talked of the good old Anfield days all the way ... just about a half hour cruise

Bought them and the families dinner a few weeks later ... :lol:

the things drunks get into ...

`

Smart moves and smart Cops rewarding you both for doing the right thing about your predicament by getting you both home safe - way to go. :tu:

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 2

Smart moves and smart Cops rewarding you both for doing the right thing about your predicament by getting you both home safe - way to go. :tu:

thankies ... :lol:

I think its just an attitude of the situation ... it started out jokingly and the cops didn't mind as we were on their route and one of them wanted to test drive the new model fancy Hondas ... the car was new and I didn't want to risk a bender I have to pay for ... so too my friend ... so it turned out well for all , it doesn't always works out that way ...

Once there was a big triad gang fight ... and a coffee shop was cleared by the cops to assist in the investigations ... everyone BUT me ...

There I was ... tattoos and all mutt mug ... goatee and moustachioed and the cops told me to go on with breakfast ...

The usual suspects avoided me for weeks ... till someone got the full story ... the warrant was for Chinese guys without tattoos and facial hair .. :lol:

Not many Chinese guys with facial hair and less with tatts those days ... hehehehhe

Made the rumor mongers of me being a rat and a mole pay for the beers for months ... they were apologetic in the end ... so alls well that ends well I guess ...

:tu:

`

• Like 2

Hey, come on....This kid is 5....

• Like 1

I hear that go kart races were how Danica Patrick's career started :)

• Like 1

I hear that go kart races were how Danica Patrick's career started :)

She is by far, the hottest Race Car Driver ever in history..... :innocent:

• Like 1

What a bloody yobbo!

• Like 1

539698_398954933503918_1526580362_n.jpg

more streets gazetted as such and no drunks needs to drive home ....

:lol:

`

• Like 3

I sometimes wonder if drunken idiots forget that calling a taxi is the safest bet?

The police stress this time and time again - Call a cab..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

539698_398954933503918_1526580362_n.jpg

more streets gazetted as such and no drunks needs to drive home ....

:lol:

`

This is what they did in ancient Egypt:

$T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iH,kBRwPQ8%28HnQ~~60_57.JPG

• Like 4

This is what they did in ancient Egypt:

~image repeat snip

Like I always say Abe ... those ancient egyptians knows how to get things done they do .... :lol:

I hear their beer is nutritious too ... a magical potion even ....

`

• Like 1

So when an Aussie does it its a disgrace... but when Indiana Jones does it he remains cool?

So when an Aussie does it its a disgrace... but when Indiana Jones does it he remains cool?

nope, when aussies do it, it's just aussies being aussies, they do crazy better than anyone, and indiana jones would still be cool even if he'd just taken a s**t in your coat pocket!

:-)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 4

is someone a little confused between fact and fiction? Or reality versus films perhaps?

...Or perhaps even Sarcasm?

• Like 1

is someone a little confused between fact and fiction? Or reality versus films perhaps?

On this site, from what I have seen, quite a few get their education from TV and Movies....... :blush:

I kid you not... when I was about 14 (the early 1980s) I was riding with my uncle in his little MG Midget when we were pulled over by a cop. My uncle was drunk. The cop got him out of the car, gave him a field sobriety test which he actually passed, but it was clear he was three sheets to the wind still. Then my dear uncle started giving the cop some lip. The cop got SO mad he told ME to drive! Now, I could kind of drive a car at that point, but had never done that on a real street and his MG was a manual transmission and I'd never driven a manual. I was way too scared to tell him I wasn't 16 or a licensed driver! My uncle told me to shut up and drive. OMG. I killed the car half a dozen times trying to get out of there... but I did manage to limp it back to his house! My uncle threatened me within an inch of my life that was I was NOT to tell my parents ANYTHING about that incident. And I didn't! Know what I got for my 16th birthday? An adorable, red, convertible MG with beautiful wire wheels! LOL. To this day, I don't think I've ever told my parents why he gave me that car. LOL.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 2

My uncle threatened me within an inch of my life that was I was NOT to tell my parents ANYTHING about that incident. And I didn't! Know what I got for my 16th birthday? An adorable, red, convertible MG with beautiful wire wheels!

which just goes to show, that-

'all's well that ends MissMelsWell'

:-)

I kid you not... when I was about 14 (the early 1980s) I was riding with my uncle in his little MG Midget when we were pulled over by a cop. My uncle was drunk. The cop got him out of the car, gave him a field sobriety test which he actually passed, but it was clear he was three sheets to the wind still. Then my dear uncle started giving the cop some lip. The cop got SO mad he told ME to drive! Now, I could kind of drive a car at that point, but had never done that on a real street and his MG was a manual transmission and I'd never driven a manual. I was way too scared to tell him I wasn't 16 or a licensed driver! My uncle told me to shut up and drive. OMG. I killed the car half a dozen times trying to get out of there... but I did manage to limp it back to his house! My uncle threatened me within an inch of my life that was I was NOT to tell my parents ANYTHING about that incident. And I didn't! Know what I got for my 16th birthday? An adorable, red, convertible MG with beautiful wire wheels! LOL. To this day, I don't think I've ever told my parents why he gave me that car. LOL.

The good old days :)

A different uncle of mine liked to go to the tavern to play poker and drink... he'd throw his three kids, my sister and I in the back of the family Truckster, park at the tavern, throw a pizza in the window for us kids to eat all while he was in side gambling and drinking. Today, that would get you at least 6 months in jail.

it just make me think about how times have changed. And boy have they! LOL.

• Like 1

A different uncle of mine liked to go to the tavern to play poker and drink... he'd throw his three kids, my sister and I in the back of the family Truckster, park at the tavern, throw a pizza in the window for us kids to eat all while he was in side gambling and drinking. Today, that would get you at least 6 months in jail.

it just make me think about how times have changed. And boy have they! LOL.

Pussification of America

:)

'back' in those days there weren't like 58 cars passing by a minute along the free way ... and kids were as safe in the presence of strangers as they were with a distant relative ... things has change and its not just what we think ...

now 20+ year old mothers shake their hungry infants to death because the mum can't concentrate on her favorite computer game of the day on account of the baby cries

what does this has to do with a drunk making a 7 year old kid drive him home ?

" Police on Friday charged a drunk man after pulling over a car on Australia's Gold Coast to allegedly find a seven-year-old boy driving him home at 3:00 am. "

the difference ?

no one died ...

and no one really cares do they ?

"It is a real concern to hear that children were being put in that position."

So what ?

who cares ?

~ cry ~

`edit - just edits

`

Edited by third_eye

I'm not sure that's the case Third_Eye... I think people did die, so did kids... lots of them... no one ever heard about it or talked about it. I actually think far LESS kids die due to the poor judgment on the parents or caretakers parts. For example, by the time I was 26, I had more than half a dozen dead friends. My daughter and her friends, at the same age? None.

• Like 2