Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just what ufology needs

• Like 1

Is there a shaky phone holder in that app?

• Like 1

I know what you mean...but would those pictures have the EXIF data that's embedded in a genuine image...?

I'm thinking they wouldn't...

Well that's what I wondered about when I watched the video.

• Like 2

~dizzy

lost for words ....

`

• Like 1

Dakara,nihonjin desu .

Tokidoki suru

What? :blink: Did you just call my dog a cat?

It's pretty easy to tamper with/remove/add exif data.

However.. it's virtually impossible to do without being detectable by an expert. For obvious reasons I would prefer not to elaborate too much, but if anyone has a 'genuine' image they need analysed, let me know..

As I've said before, I think the fact that fakery is now much easier to do by Jane/Joe Average is a GOOD thing.

Why? Because instead of blindly believing reports on the basis of a single image or a few seconds of poor quality footage, people are now realising that you have to properly examine all aspects of a report, not just the footage.. It's quite easy to fake one aspect, but to do the whole thing without tripping up? Very, very difficult.

• Like 1

~snip

As I've said before, I think the fact that fakery is now much easier to do by Jane/Joe Average is a GOOD thing.

~SNIP

..., people are now realising that you have to properly examine all aspects of a report, not just the footage.. It's quite easy to fake one aspect, but to do the whole thing without tripping up? Very, very difficult.

396972_199982670099755_1771247169_n.jpg

You Sir gets the shot of the week .... :tu:

`

• Like 1

These apps have been around for a while now. I got one called "Mystery Cam" that can put not only UFOs on pictures but ghosts or monsters as well ! :yes:

As soon as I tried it I figured some people must have used this app and tried to pass off their pictures as real and, sure enough, I found several pictures on the net with exactly the same UFO as on Mystery Cam and people making "serious reports" accompanying these pictures !

Here's one from a guy who even has military credentials:

http://newindianexpr...icle1640262.ece

and here are two other cases mentioned on ATS:

http://www.abovetops...hread915159/pg1

Funny to read the "sincere sounding" reports that accompany these photos - all taken with a cell. And then you check out the app and it's the exact same UFO !

In the first example, there's comments pointing out this was done with an app and responses from believers who refuse to even consider it !

Here's the app all the people above used:

https://itunes.apple...d524051689?mt=8

Edited by ufoscan
  • Like 2