Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snowden in Moscow

questionmark

Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor accused of leaking classified surveillance information, has left Hong Kong for a "third country," the government in the Asian hub says.

The Associated Press reports that an Aeroflot flight from Hong Kong believed to be carrying Snowden, has arrived in Moscow. Earlier, quoted an unidentified official from the airline as saying Snowden would fly to Moscow and from there to Cuba on Monday, with an ultimate destination of Caracas, Venezuela.

Read more

Just wondering what the Russians will get in return for their "magnanimous help"

• Like 1

Just wondering what the Russians will get in return for their "magnanimous help"

Its a way for them to slap the US in the face. That's all they care about and of course any information he can give them.
  • Like 1

Because real American heroes always end up in Moscow...

And the latest news: Snowden announces to ask for political asylum in a "democratic" country.

Which "democratic" countries do we lack an extradition treaty with? Because it is that second qualifier that he most likely wants satisfied.

Which "democratic" countries do we lack an extradition treaty with? Because it is that second qualifier that he most likely wants satisfied.

Ecuador

• Like 2

The government and media have categorized this person as a criminal and a spy. His "crime" is telling citizens what the government is doing in secret, spying on us. I hope he finds some country who will refuse to extradite him.

By the way, all of our comments on this subject have been duly logged by the NSA. We are not allowed to know what they are doing, but rest assured they know what we are doing.

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 4

He should stay in Moscow, if only so I can listen to more US senators issue threats against us. Go ahead, make my day :)

The Russian government refuses Snowden to allow to stay in Russia

He should stay in Moscow, if only so I can listen to more US senators issue threats against us. Go ahead, make my day :)

Even though the Russians have rejected him?

The Russian government refuses Snowden to allow to stay in Russia

Even though the Russians have rejected him?

I think you missed the real intent of my post...

Snowden certainly knows how to play the game, and he should, considering the work he's been in.

There are many countries who will offer assistance to him, which is no surprise at all considering the number of enemies we have made over the years.

I think it's funny the way it's all playing out. Wouldn't it be funny if both Snowden and Assange ended up in Ecuador? :w00t:

• Like 2

Snowden certainly knows how to play the game, and he should, considering the work he's been in.

There are many countries who will offer assistance to him, which is no surprise at all considering the number of enemies we have made over the years.

I think it's funny the way it's all playing out. Wouldn't it be funny if both Snowden and Assange ended up in Ecuador? :w00t:

Ecuador as the beacon of liberty? That would be the big joke

Ecuador as the beacon of liberty? That would be the big joke

Do you agree that actions speak louder than words?

The latest I heard was that a CNN crew in Moscow alledgely saw Snowden getting into an Ecuadorian diplomatic vehicle directly from the airplane, with his luggage in a second Ecuadorian diplomatic vehicle.

or possibly Ecuador. Isn't it exciting? Wherever will he pop up next? :clap:

Where is the legal offensive against the government for violating everyone's Fourth Amendment rights? Snowden needs to defend himself too but the government needs more than "we claim we prevented attacks" by breaking the law.

• Like 1

Where is the legal offensive against the government for violating everyone's Fourth Amendment rights? Snowden needs to defend himself too but the government needs more than "we claim we prevented attacks" by breaking the law.

thumbs up

• Like 2

Putin could more to gain by sending him to us than allowing him to keep running. Any country he runs to cannot outmatch us in the way of concessions of some kind especially if the UK sweetens the pot somehow.

Edward Snowden Extradition: White House Expects Russia To Expel NSA Whistleblower

WASHINGTON, June 24 (Reuters) - The White House on Monday said it expects the Russian government to "look at all options available" to expel former government contractor Edward Snowden back to the United States to face espionage charges.

http://huff.to/1ccKkN2

Let us hope we can deal and Putin decides to gameover our traitor Snowden.

Unfortunately, if Snowden "holes-up" in Moscows' Ecuadorian Embassy, there is nothing they can legally do, except not letting him get out of Russia, of course.

Then again, maybe Ecuadorian diplomates can stuff Snowden in a "diplomatic luggage" pouch and fly him out.

Must not be that simple, though, since Assange is still in Great Britain.

Edit: But I suspect that Russia will let him fly-out. They don't need this international grief.

Edited by pallidin

Do you agree that actions speak louder than words?

You have got to be joking, do you know anyone from Ecuador? or been there? Liberty my ****..They are the same level as Bolivia and Venezuela and hellbent protecting guerrilla groups

or possibly Ecuador. Isn't it exciting? Wherever will he pop up next? :clap:

Solomon Islands

So, he is not on the plane to Cuba. Perhaps still waiting for Ecuador to give him asylum, or going somewhere else. However, there is a so far not dicussed possibility. FSB would certainly want to question him, in a friendly manner I am sure. But I wonder if before he got on plane to Moscow, he remembered about several Russians held in American prisons, Viktor Bout being the most prominent. It may be that Snowden will have cause to regret flying to Moscow, but we will see soon enough.