Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pinocchio puzzle

Big Bad Voodoo

Hmm, this seems as difficult as Shrodinger's cat. The easy option would be to become Buratino, then no paradox.

• Like 1

Hmm, this seems as difficult as Shrodinger's cat. The easy option would be to become Buratino, then no paradox.

Even hareder.

If you have "issue" with Pinochio I have another one.

Croc steal child and promise father that he will return child if father guess whats next he will do. What should croc do, if father correctly guessed that child will not be return?

As Pinocchio is known to tell lies, his nose will grow, but if he's telling the truth his nose will grow anyway. This is the paradox of those who lie, you can never tell if they're lying or telling the truth. Actually, there is no real paradox here, as these kinds of people (and puppets) are always lying.

This is the basis of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem: fundamentally, we can never prove that the universe is telling us the truth, so we must infer that the universe is a lie.

Edited by StarMountainKid

As Pinocchio is known to tell lies, his nose will grow, but if he's telling the truth his nose will grow anyway.

No it wouldnt.

"My nose will be growing." I know. Pinocchio has somehow become psychic, and he's telling Geppetto to watch out because Pinocchio will be telling another lie soon.

Well, I showed a version of the Pinnochio paradox on my blog (all deleted, but now living in another universe). There I showed what would happen in the paradox of two gods existing inside a third person, Tutankhamun, who was also the same god, Horus/Khonsu. What happened was at the critical point, a zero point I called it, space time would reach such a critical level that it would fracture and another dimension/alternate universe be formed as one cannot contain the paradox. This would create a butterfly effect, or something like fractals, and an infinite number of new universes will be formed again and again without end. The Pinnochio paradox is more elegantly and less confusing than my version, though I was telling a story and that is what was required.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri
  • Like 1

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Croc dilema is same as Pinocchio paradox. I guess there are plenty examples.