Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious find may rewrite Finnish history

Still Waters

A fragment of a unique and mysterious silver plaque discovered in South Karelia may force historians to rethink some of Finland's early Iron Age history. As of yet, the cultural context of the find has not been explained.

http://yle.fi/uutise...history/6666836

• Like 4

Amazing.

I always have much respect for Finns because of their Sisu.

There are stories in history that they rided deers. During Winter war David almost won over Goliath. They invented wooden land mine to be hard to detect, they guerilla were amazing. Russian drug for treating injured was frozen yet Finnish find their way...they carried morphine in mouth under tounge...when Russian tanks were on icelakes they detonate mines and tanks simply felt under ice cold water...Russian in end have Phyric victory...loosing far more then Finns in victims of war.

Im quite sure that those people deserve different history.

Edited by the L
  • Like 2

Celtic knots ran to mind first with that, but they're different. Can't say that kind of a pattern rings a bell, not that I'm a history expert with my own country even. Beautiful and distinct pattern though, and dynamic. S:es and X. I wonder where people who made it, came from. Seems faintly Russian-like, and South Karelia is right on the Russia's border, the logical land route.