Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nigel Farage

shrooma

Did he really use the word "coronated"? :cry:

• Like 1

Did he really use the word "coronated"? :cry:

and he gets PAID to write Col.!!

Ah......the Guardian......

• Like 1

Hello Englishmen. Was that a flattering article? I think it was. Not sure though. I know we speak the same language but sometimes I can't tell from humor, sarcasm or flattery when you guys have something to say. Maybe it's just me but I'll digress. Anyways, I'm here to ask real Brits what they think of Nigel. I get to hear him in only sound bites and Youtube clips lambasting EU officials and I must say I think he's awesome. In fact I'd like him to leave your country and come join our congress so I can watch him verbally assault our worthless politicians. So really is he all talk, does he actually get things done or is my perception all wrong? I've always wanted to ask you guys.

• Like 1

Hello Englishmen. Was that a flattering article? I think it was. Not sure though. I know we speak the same language but sometimes I can't tell from humor, sarcasm or flattery when you guys have something to say. Maybe it's just me but I'll digress. Anyways, I'm here to ask real Brits what they think of Nigel. I get to hear him in only sound bites and Youtube clips lambasting EU officials and I must say I think he's awesome. In fact I'd like him to leave your country and come join our congress so I can watch him verbally assault our worthless politicians. So really is he all talk, does he actually get things done or is my perception all wrong? I've always wanted to ask you guys.

Well, no one knows yet, because he's never had any kind of position of power to have a chance to get anything done. Will he turn out like every other would-be Leader who promise Hope and Change and other such concepts? According to Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia,

"Farage had unsuccessfully contested British parliamentary elections for UKIP five times, both before and after his election as an MEP in 1999. Under the 2002 European Union decision to forbid MEPs from holding a dual mandate, if he were to be elected to the House of Commons, he would have to resign his seat as MEP.

When he contested the Bromley & Chislehurst constituency in a May 2006 by-election, following the death of Eurosceptic Conservative MP Eric Forth, Farage came third, winning 8% of the vote, beating the Labour Party candidate." That seems to be the first political success of any kind he'd had.

Although it's probably fair to observe that senior figures in the current Government have just as little experience at a practical level as him.

Well, no one knows yet, because he's never had any kind of position of power to have a chance to get anything done. Will he turn out like every other would-be Leader who promise Hope and Change and other such concepts? According to Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia,

"Farage had unsuccessfully contested British parliamentary elections for UKIP five times, both before and after his election as an MEP in 1999. Under the 2002 European Union decision to forbid MEPs from holding a dual mandate, if he were to be elected to the House of Commons, he would have to resign his seat as MEP.

When he contested the Bromley & Chislehurst constituency in a May 2006 by-election, following the death of Eurosceptic Conservative MP Eric Forth, Farage came third, winning 8% of the vote, beating the Labour Party candidate." That seems to be the first political success of any kind he'd had.

Although it's probably fair to observe that senior figures in the current Government have just as little experience at a practical level as him.

Thanks. Maybe I'm still groggy and sleepy but euro politics looks awfully confusing. I'll get back to this when I come home from work...

when it comes to getting things done, he might not be elected as a member of the British parliament. but his influence and that of the party which he leads (UKIP) as influenced British politics. though small, they have achieved a great deal. ask the question how does one man have such a influence, a influence which as changed the political landscape.

Today British politics is now debating issues which two years ago would have seen people who raise such debates - for example immigration - any one discussing immigration and the levels of immigration would have been labeled a racist, etc.. now because immigration is main stream in the media and with the wider public we can debate it without being called racist.

we use to have a government formed by the Labour party who for ten years continually pushed the agenda of pro immigration and all the benefits it brings to the country, when your ordinary citizen raised questions and concerns about the levels of immigration, of permitted hundreds of thousands coming here, their concerns were dealt with in two ways one was to shut them up and the other was to label them a racist etc.... its only in the last two years or so that the same labour party have apologised for the way they handled the immigration issue. (very kind of them)

Nigel Farage - UKIP the basis of the party is they believe the United Kingdom should be a fully independent nation, all we can do is what we do already take these politicians at their word, and then through their actions we'll judge them. whats so different with Nigel Farage, we've given lesser politicians the chance to govern. he can do no worse.

i've posted this youtube clip from 2007 many times and no doubt some members will be sick to death of it, but i think its a brilliant speech, it strikes so many cords that i agree with its what turned me into a UKIP supporter. if ever they have a televised politically debate on the run up to the national Election, his closing four minute speech should be this youtube clip, obviously updated version.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

Thanks for the responses guys. I've decided not to delve too deep into the inner workings of your political system like I may have implied earlier. Truth is that keeping up with my countries system is a pain enough. So basically Nigel is a small player with a big voice and some influence? I assume he is the real deal meaning he doesn't mince words and act fake like most politicians. His speeches are the best and I'm serious when I say I'd take him into our congress any day. I can't view the video right now, well no sound I mean, but I'll try later but I bet I've seen it before.

Has N.F actually achieved anything for Britain as a Euro M.E.P, I haven't heard of any of his exploits in the Euro Parliament,so until he proves that he can change Euro policy even a TINY bit in Britains favour,I shall treat him in the same category as the rest of the lying cheating thieving group of fast talking no hopers we have in charge of this beautiful land.(Tony B'liar also had a charming set of teeth and a heart warming smile which he flashed at every opportunity),and what a mess HE got us into.TRUST HAS TO BE EARNED.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys. I've decided not to delve too deep into the inner workings of your political system like I may have implied earlier. Truth is that keeping up with my countries system is a pain enough. So basically Nigel is a small player with a big voice and some influence? I assume he is the real deal meaning he doesn't mince words and act fake like most politicians. His speeches are the best and I'm serious when I say I'd take him into our congress any day. I can't view the video right now, well no sound I mean, but I'll try later but I bet I've seen it before.

Are you serious,would you trust a "laughing" Hyena.

Are you serious,would you trust a "laughing" Hyena.

That's why I'm asking you guys. I see Nigel in clips and I like what I've seen. In no way do I have any clue what is going on. I just know he sounds better than 99% of our politicians. All I wanted to know is if he is true to his convictions. Apparently that can not be answered but it's your country, not mine. I was simply interested.

That's why I'm asking you guys. I see Nigel in clips and I like what I've seen. In no way do I have any clue what is going on. I just know he sounds better than 99% of our politicians. All I wanted to know is if he is true to his convictions. Apparently that can not be answered but it's your country, not mine. I was simply interested.

all we can do is look to what he has achieved to date. hes led his party to some great achievements, doing the impossible in most cases, beating the established political parties in local and national elections. no MP's as yet but a growing list of councilors and gaining ground in each election. in the last election they polled 26% of the vote. it sent shock waves through British politics. even had the tory party altering their policies to match UKIPs. but back to the percentage of the vote if UKIP poll that percentage in a General election in 2015 - UKIP would be able to form a government or be part of a coalition government. i think thats a truly amazing result. when you think no party since before world war II as gained or polled such a high percentage outside of the long established political parties.

Nigel Farage as never once faltered, the same policies and founding aims of the party are the same today as they were over ten years ago. now ask the same of the question of the other three parties all three have gone after the popular vote, in a bid to get in office/power. ditching their founding aims at all costs. just look at the lib dems, they done a deal with the devil all because they wanted the power. labour re positioned themselves from lobbying on behalf on the working man, to the centre of the political spectrum, calling themselves NEW Labour. and these are two recent examples people will be aware of, so lets get rid of the political status quo, and throw a cat amongst the pigeons and vote UKIP at the next election.

i seen a news piece which highlighted a worrying trend in British politics. i cannot remember the figures, but the example i give wont be far off, it showed private schools made up just 7% of schools yet 70% of our politicians came from these schools, with 60% of government ministers coming from just three Eton, Oxford Cambridge colleges. just one example from Oxford - Conservative: David Cameron (prime minister), William Hague (foreign secretary), Jeremy Hunt (culture secretary), Philip Hammond (transport secretary), David Willetts (universities minister), Sir George Young (leader of the Commons)

Lib Dem: Danny Alexander (chief secretary to the Treasury), Chris Huhne (energy and climate change secretary)

Labour: Ed Balls, David Miliband, Ed Miliband (leadership candidates), Lord Mandelson (former business secretary), Jacqui Smith (former home secretary), Ruth Kelly (former transport secretary), James Purnell (former work and pensions secretary)

• Like 1

Snip

Thanks. Great information. So he hasn't been merely a mouthpiece and is true to his word. A rare thing in politics. I hope he continues to make positive impacts and keeps railing against the status quo. The guy has balls and a hell of a way with words. We all need more like him.

Btw, your liberal democrats sound as weasely as our. They're always after the popular feel-good vote with no regard as to how irresponsible it is to govern a nation with emotions and reactionary polices.

Thanks. Great information. So he hasn't been merely a mouthpiece and is true to his word. A rare thing in politics. I hope he continues to make positive impacts and keeps railing against the status quo. The guy has balls

No, Labour does http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Balls

Thanks. Great information. So he hasn't been merely a mouthpiece and is true to his word. A rare thing in politics. I hope he continues to make positive impacts and keeps railing against the status quo. The guy has balls and a hell of a way with words. We all need more like him.

Btw, your liberal democrats sound as weasely as our. They're always after the popular feel-good vote with no regard as to how irresponsible it is to govern a nation with emotions and reactionary polices.

well, i look at it this way UKIP and Nigel Farage campaign for the UK to leave the EU- European Union, Nigel Farage is a British MEP elected by us and serves as a Member of the European Parliament. if UKIP achieve their wish/aim Nigel Farage will be out of a job, - in this day and age how many politicians campaign on a issue were if it came to fruition they'd be out of a job. conviction politician.

Easy Colonel. I'm not trying to upset or interfere with British politics or change any minds. Outsiders do that enough to US and I know it's aggravating and I'm honestly not up to getting into partisan battles about a foreign lands politics. I'm only interested in one thing and that's the op. I'm not attacking the fact that you're engaging me with conversation, I do appreciate it, but nothing good can come from me diving in deep and issuing opinions on your matters.

Lol, I'm sorry just seen the full link in the multiquote. Were you just being funny? If yes, my apologies. If not, see the above.

well, i look at it this way UKIP and Nigel Farage campaign for the UK to leave the EU- European Union, Nigel Farage is a British MEP elected by us and serves as a Member of the European Parliament. if UKIP achieve their wish/aim Nigel Farage will be out of a job, - in this day and age how many politicians campaign on a issue were if it came to fruition they'd be out of a job. conviction politician.

Now that is something respectable. You guys deserve to be independent of that huge messy union. I really don't get the need for collectiveness. For those who want power I get it but it can't possibly serve the euro citizens any good. But that certainly is conviction and what I'd call being real. I do remember thinking that he is arguing his way out of a job when I seem his speeches and now that I recall that I also recall that as being one of the things I liked so much. I wish we had such integrity. We have an IRS scandal happening now and it's a bunch of crap. So some IRS official who testified in front of congress yesterday was asked by a reporter in the halls afterward if the IRS can be trusted. Of course she said yes and of course I expected that but there was a fleeting hope that she'd decide to take a stand and say to hell with it and just tell the truth once and say NO! Of course I set myself up for disappointment and outrage. Anyhow, that type of conviction and integrity Mr. Farage has is about as rare as it comes these days.

Edited by F3SS

Easy Colonel. I'm not trying to upset or interfere with British politics or change any minds. Outsiders do that enough to US and I know it's aggravating and I'm honestly not up to getting into partisan battles about a foreign lands politics. I'm only interested in one thing and that's the op. I'm not attacking the fact that you're engaging me with conversation, I do appreciate it, but nothing good can come from me diving in deep and issuing opinions on your matters.

Lol, I'm sorry just seen the full link in the multiquote. Were you just being funny? If yes, my apologies. If not, see the above.

Oh don't worry, I was just making a pun on the name. I've no time for any of them.

• Like 1

Almost every Western and Northern European nation has some political movement which could be called revanchist, seeking to recover social, political and economic capital that they believe has been squandered on disastrous immigration policies, too many indolent on the dole and a misguided multi-culturalism. My personal experience has been in Sweden, where the nascent 'Swedish Democrats Party' ("Svenskademokraterna") has won seats in parliament and has shocked many on the left into crying "fascism!" It's my understanding that most European countries (and also Russia) are experiencing similar trends. What was once 'verboten' is now cutting-edge politics.

F3SS asks good questions. We in the USA get precious little good information about folks across the pond. At the same time, I would suggest a 'caveat:' The tendency towards emotional argument and reactionary policies cuts both ways, and infects both the Right and the Left (and everyone in-between). If Reagan ("It's morning in America") and Obama ("Yes, we can") weren't appealing to emotions, what were they doing? As for being reactionaries, both of those 2-time presidents yearned/yearn for an America that never was and probably never can be. Both ended up being dividers, not uniters.

• Like 2