Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man in coma after eating 413 biscuits

Saru

I had my first bad experience of overeating the other day. I hadn't eaten much for a few days beforehand, so one night I decided to splurge and make a large meal. I'm not sure if anyone has ever made a porcupine meatloaf, slow cooked in gravy before(homemade gravy), but I recommend trying it.

I ate until stuffed and then a few hours later got tired and went to sleep. I made the mistake of falling asleep on my stomach and woke up in the middle of the night with intense stomach pains, I'm not sure if sleeping in that position clogged my digestive track or I just ate too much on a shrunken belly, but I felt that blueberry girl from Willy Wonka.

(Porcupine meatloaf)? Two words I would never think to put together in a sentence. :P

(Porcupine meatloaf)? Two words I would never think to put together in a sentence. :P

Heh, if it's what my mom made when I was a kid... It's meatloaf with rice in it. You start out with it uncooked, and it cooks in the meatloaf.

But really, I can't believe this piece is going around and being believed like it is. 413 biscuits in one sitting? No way. They drained two gallons of butter from him? Yeah, because butter separates from baked goods in the body, unhuh. And over eating of buttery biscuits can send a person into a coma, since when? And it's not just UM that fell for it, plenty of other sites did too.

Porcupine quills + cow muscle = massive amounts of protein.

All jokes aside, it is just a normal meatloaf(well, my recipe for a normal meatloaf) with a few handfuls of rice. I usually just make porcupine balls in a small pan when I'm in the mood for them, but I went big that night.

Same thing happened to me once eating curry...

I overdone it, fell asleep and slipped into a Korma ;)

Slipping into a Korma could be bad for your Karma. :w00t:

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 1

I like the gentle sense of humour of the original article. It's kinda... almost believable, if not for talk of butter jamming brain signals and descriptions of his beard covered in crumbs. Haha...

I can see why people fell for it. almost comes across as careless reporting of a real event.

So, in the end it was just someone seeking attention?