Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby Elania Missing

docyabut2

I often wonder how many babies/toddlers are ACTUALLY "stolen" from their houses. Seems like most of the time it's a poorly concocted story by the perpetrators which are often the parents or caregivers.

Crimes against children is such a sad thing.

• Like 1

This case is close to my heart, its in my home town.Theres a lot of kids that go missing, but this case is puzzling. We have the mother in jail that says she only knows the baby was hurt and does`tn know where she`s at. Seven people in that house two are children and no one knows what happen! I just don`t think either the mother of the child or the boy friend would have cover up if one had killed the baby and depose of the body, allthough there are cases.Here the case reports on Nancy Grace from relatives and people .The baby was seen at a gas station that Sunday morning with mother , baby was fine, the mother said she woke up from a napped and the baby had a bump on its head. a black eye, a slight bloody nose and asked the boy friend if she was all right the boy friend said she was ok. They went way twice at that time to get ciggerettes and such and lelf that child in that horriabe unsafe room, not a wonder that baby could have gotten hurt in a fall. The father came to pick up the baby at one o,clock and went she came back told him the baby was missing. Could the child had gotten out of the house and wandered some where under a house. or a big animal could have dragged her away There are a lot of abanded houses in the area. The boy friend`s mother` said when the mother said the child was missing, her and her son( the boy friend) went out into the backyard to see if the child got into the pool, the back yard is just as horriable in the debris. Cadaver dogs did show interest in the back yard.I just pray as a mom and grandma that child is found.Anyone have any ideas of what could have happen? The house was a drug house could some have taken the child or what?

I think you have a gut feeling of what happened. I'm doing the same stuff hat we shouldn't do---jump to conclusions. But for now, I'm going with my instinct. I feel that the mom knows something and the boyfriend was the perpetrator. Granted this is just a gut feeling but consideribg thebaby's injuries yet the boyfriend said she'd be fine and to not seek medical attention makes me feel like he felt the exam and evidence would point ti him, I think the child died from those injuries and the mom is protecting the boyfriend. I mean, the house was a filthy slum so it's not like they were trying to provide a safe and nurturing environment. That poor baby wasn't kidnapped. She was a bothersome liability that someone got tired of taking care of.

I think you have a gut feeling of what happened. I'm doing the same stuff hat we shouldn't do---jump to conclusions. But for now, I'm going with my instinct. I feel that the mom knows something and the boyfriend was the perpetrator. Granted this is just a gut feeling but consideribg thebaby's injuries yet the boyfriend said she'd be fine and to not seek medical attention makes me feel like he felt the exam and evidence would point ti him, I think the child died from those injuries and the mom is protecting the boyfriend. I mean, the house was a filthy slum so it's not like they were trying to provide a safe and nurturing environment. That poor baby wasn't kidnapped. She was a bothersome liability that someone got tired of taking care of.

Right we should `nt jumbed to conclusions, but I can`nt see that mother sitting in jail covering up for her boy friend, if she knew he killed her child.

The same with the boy friend, would he have cover up and help depose of the child, if the mother had hurt and killed her own child and it was not his fault? Something is just not right, I believe it was said he had a young son living there to, was his son ever abuse.

I think the mother is immature enough to think that she will beat the criminal charges. She's not being charged with murder, only endangerment, if I remember correctly. That doesn't always even bring prison time.

And more than one love struck woman has covered for the dastardly deeds of a man. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

"experts say, abduction from the home is relatively rare, with just over 18 children taken each year.

"It's unusual, but it's not unprecedented," said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which is involved in the search.

Each year, 58,000 children are abducted by strangers and released, according to the most recent statistics. Of those, 115 were "stereotypical" kidnappings carried out by strangers who either killed the children or held them for ransom. And 16 percent of those were taken from home.

Nearly three quarters of the victims are girls, and 38 percent of them are 12 to 14. At 24 percent, the second largest victimized group is the one Isabel belongs to: girls ages 6 to 11."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/23/experts-child-abductions-at-home-relatively-rare/#ixzz2XWOwvaCF

• Like 1

Your instinct may be right

Potential new lead in search for Baby Elaina

The family says divers may hit the waters once again on Monday after new evidence was turned over this weekend.

Police aren't commenting on the find, but the family of fisherman Patrick Howard tells us that he found a tuft of brownish blonde hair on his fishing line Saturday morning while fishing just south of the Anthony Wayne Bridge.

Elaina's father, Terry Steinfurth, Jr., expressed frustration on Saturday because authorities told him that they wouldn't have divers in the water until Monday.

http://www.13abc.com...for-baby-elaina

They must think the hair is human to dive back into those murky waters.My heart breaks so much for this little one:(, was hoping someone just did take her and she is still alive.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/remains-found-where-ohio-missing-toddler-last-seen?ocid=ansnews11

Human remains found in the rafters of a garage are likely that of a toddler last seen about three months ago inside a house on the same property, police said Friday.

Investigators said they found the remains Thursday inside a box that was behind other containers and piles of trash in the detached garage.

This the most puzzleing case, but I was right she was close by because of the hit of the Cadaver dogs that did show interest in the back yard. From the time line baby alania and mom were seen at the gas station that morning at nine o clock that day she went missing.It was said the mom and the boyfriend went away twice that morning and lelf baby alania in the room. Mom said when she woke up from a nap during that morning the baby was hurt and she should have taken her to the hospital and asked her boy friend if the baby was ok and he said she was, so what happen did the baby alania get hurt in a fall while they were gone or did one of them hurt that baby and which one covered it up?

Some think the garage was searched and the box was put there after the first search because they apparently thought it was safe to put it there since it had already been search, which would have been after mom was locked up and the boy friend Steven was still running around

Some think the garage was searched and the box was put there after the first search because they apparently thought it was safe to put it there since it had already been search, which would have been after mom was locked up and the boy friend Steven was still running around

It wouldn't be unheard of if the box was previously overlooked.