Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How things started with me

scots_nomad

Yesterday I made a post about the chat I had with my friends about Michael Jackson then John Paul II as I watched the future news broadcast they were showing me on the TV however I could only fit the first part of the chat into a single post so he is the rest of that chat:

"So why are you showing me all this stuff? What do you expect me to do?"

"Maybe we went you to help explain some stuff for us."

"What stuff?"

"Well maybe people won't believe it is possible to do stuff in your sleep without having any memory of it, and maybe you can help explain things."

"OK if that will help I will do it but somebody's gotta have a word with him about the sleep overs!"

"Maybe you could do that"

"Me!!!??? No! I mean somebody has got to have a word with him now! If he hasn't learned from this then '****'im'! If it happens a third time then '****'im', and all bets are off!"

"OK, we understand"

"So what about the pope? What am I supposed to do with that? If you got anything you want the world to know then you better be sure what you’re saying, coz most people down here already think he is some kind of walking saint."

"Do most people?"

"Well not most people, but maybe most Catholics, and that is still a ****-load of people"

"Who doesn't think he is a walking saint?"

"Loads of people, I suppose. Most of the people here in Vietnam would probably not know who he is."

"Who specifically doesn't think he is?"

"Me for one, but I suppose you better ask the rest of them yourself"

"Who else do you 'know' doesn't think he is?"

"I don't know. It's not something I talk about with anybody"

"But even if you were not talking, who specifically told you that they didn't think that?"

"The priest at my father's funeral, you mean?"

"Do you remember his name?"

"No, but I remember what he said"

"Do you remember EXACTLY what he said?"

"I'm not sure I remember it 'exactly verbatim', but I certainly remember it exactly enough to know what he said"

"What did he say?"

"He said something like this:

'Ladies and gentlemen, I stand before you today as a man of the cloth, and believe me, I am fully aware of what this particular cloth means to you all, and therefore I feel the full weight of this cloth, when I say that, if I have ever seen a true saint walking on the surface of this earth, then that saint was Gerry Byrne"

"And what did you think when he said that?"

"I thought, 'Wow! What a heavy thing to say!'"

"And why did you think that?"

"Because that guy was a priest! The first thing that came to my mind was 'He MUST have seen the pope!"

"Are you sure he must have?"

"Yeah he must have. For a start, don't all priests have to go to Rome to be invested, or whatever? Even if all priests don't, that guy was the priest in one of the biggest and richest catholic diocese in the city. He must have been to Rome."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Pretty sure, but even then, the pope has been to both Ireland and Scotland. Even I have seen him, so he, as an Irish catholic priest must have seen him."

"What if he was sick when the pope visited?"

"He must still have seen him on TV! Not just when he was here, but any time. The priest didn't make any exceptions or qualifications when he said what he said."

"So do you think the priest was sending some kind of message?"

"All I know is I heard what he said and he went to great lengths to stress that he knew the significance of 'exactly' what he was going to say"

"Do you think anyone else heard?"

"Not too many people pay too much attention to anything, but I heard him."

"Do you think he was right?"

"I don't know about the pope, but as far as what he said about my dad, I couldn't argue with a word of it. My dad lived his whole life for other people, not just the family, my dad liked to help anyone who came his way if he could. I've never seen anybody do what my dad did more than my dad did, so 'Yeah!', I am with the priest on that one, and that is not something you will hear me say very often!"

"So why do other people think he should be made into a saint?"

"That's a good question if you're asking me. I suppose they like him because he is the first pope to get off his **** in Rome and actually get out and see a bit of the world. I suppose that is a big step forward but you can't see that as a reason for sainthood."

"So what do you see?"

"I don't see anything! He has been pope since I was at school - that must be about twenty six years - but apart from the overseas trips, what has changed REALLY? Where is the progress? Who is better off? How many Catholics have died of AIDS in that time that would still be alive if they had worn a condom? How many people of any race or religion have died of AIDS in the past twenty six years that would still be alive today if some catholic or another had worn a condom? How far has AIDS spread in that time because Catholics are told not to wear condoms? Do they really believe that Catholics don't shag except when they want a kid?? **** it, even their priests can't stop shagging!..."

I realised I was getting into a bit of a rant, so I reeled myself in a bit:

"So, to answer your question, "Saint?', naw, I cannae see it myself"

"So what should be done?"

"You're asking me? What am I supposed to do with this stuff? I already told you that most folk think he is some kind of saint, so none of them are gonna listen to anything I say"

"We know the feeling! What we want you to do is to help us decide what the punishment should be."

"Me???? **** that! By the looks of him he is heading your way pretty soon so it’s up to you whether you catch him or let him fall. If what you tell me about him is true, then '****'im'! Let him fall if you like, catch him if you can find any reason to. That's your choice!"

"But maybe we do have a reason to catch him. That's why we want to know what you think."

"What reason?"

"What if we told you that when he could feel the end coming he decided that he wanted to confess everything before he went. Would that be a reason to catch him?"

"b******s! What's he gonna do? Go to confession and tell one of his cardinal mates who will tell him that everything is fine so long as he says a few ‘Hail Mary’s? What difference would that make to anything? If the pope decides that confessing to his mate at the last minute is gonna get him a 'Get Out of Jail Free Card' then '**** that!' is what I say."

"What if we told you that the pope realised that telling one of his mate's would not be enough and he decided that he wanted to tell everything to the world before he went? All that stuff and more. Could that be a reason to catch him?"

"More??? There's more?"

"Don't you already know?"

"Of course I don't know! We don't get to hear anything that goes on behind them 'closed doors'!"

"So what do you know?"

"I don't know what you're talking about?"

"What could you know that we could be talking about?"

"Are you talking about Roberto Calvi?"

"Who was he?"

"Don't you know?"

"Of course we do but maybe some others don’t."

"Ah OK. Well he was called 'God's Banker' coz he was head of The Vatican Bank and he was murdered in London."

"Why did you say murdered?"

"I don't know actually! I meant to say 'found dead' and I thought that was what I had actually said until you mentioned it so I don't really know why I said murdered."

"Don't you?"

"Did you make me say it?"

(Big round of applause, then they continued...)

"So where did he die?"

"In London"

"Where else did he die?"

"Where else???? How many places could he die?"

"How many do you think?"

"Obviously he could only actually die in one place."

"Obviously! So what else could we mean?"

"I have no idea what you mean"

"OK, if he was 'a banker', where was the bank?"

"Rome."

"Where else was the bank?"

"I don't know maybe they have branches everywhere"

"Did we ask about branches?"

"OK. Let me think! Ahhh! You mean the bank of a river! I get it now. You mean the Thames!"

"No"

"No??? What the hell do you mean, coz now you have lost me again"

"Think 'music'"

"AHHHHH! ****! We are back to the quiz! I get it now! The Red Hot Chili Peppers, 'Under the Bridge!' – They found his body hanging under Blackfriars Bridge in London’

(Big round of applause, then they continued...)

"So is that song special to you?"

"Yeah a bit! That was the song that got me into the Chilies the first time I heard it"

"When?"

"Must have been '94 or '95"

"Where were you?"

"I was in the Hard Rock in K.L. with Emma at the time"

"Do you think that could be a clue to something?"

"I don't have a clue what you are talking about but are you telling me that that is a clue to something?"

"Aye, maybe that is what we are telling you. Do you think you will remember that?"

"Probably not, with the amount of other **** I have to remember. Do you want me to write it down"

"No, you don't have to do that, we think you will remember OK."

"OK, I hope your right..., no, actually I mean 'we'll see if you're right'"

(NB: I just realised that that is another ‘clue’ to something that hasn’t actually become significant to anything since then so maybe I better try to be on the lookout for some more hints)

Then the jumped back to the original question,

"So if he decided to tell the world that kind of everything, would that make a difference?"

"Tell the world everything? Wow! Now that would be something! ****ing hell! What kind of s**t would that start flying? How many people would be calling for his cannonisation then?"

I tried for a minute to imagine what kind of s**t that would cause and then I continued,

"Yeah! I think that if he decided to do that before he goes instead of maybe just writing it down for the world to find out after he had gone then yeah, I think that could maybe be a reason for catching him."

"Yeah, we were thinking that too, but what if we told you that although that was what he really wanted him to do, someone else stopped him?"

"He's the pope! Who could stop him?"

"Does he look like a pope now?"

"No. Now he just looks like a sick old man – Actually he looks a lot like my dad did just before he died. I suppose anyone who had control of his contact with the outside world could stop him."

"So, if he really wanted to but someone else stopped him, what do you think?"

"Do you mean they physically stopped him or they just talked him out of it?"

"We mean someone made it impossible for him to do it."

"Well, if he really would have done it but someone stopped him then I suppose you should still catch him if you were going to, but whatever punishment you may have been considering for him you should give that ten times over to whoever stopped him from coming clean."

"Ten times?"

"I can't even imagine how bad you could make 'one time' but ****'im as far as I am concerned. Ten is a nice round number so let’s stick with ten times."

"OK. Thanks! We will bear what you said in mind"

By that point I had had enough of talking about the pope so I invited a change of subject and we ended up chatting about the fourth article on that ‘future news braodcast’ which was the story about Terri Schievo, the Florida woman at the centre of the court battle between her husband and her parents over whether to turn off her life support machine and let her pass on (Which actually got us back to talking about the pope again because we ended up discussing what the Vatican would do if the pope ended up in a similarly helpless situation – Not dead but completely unable to fulfil any of his papal duties…Would they keep him alive at all costs or let him pass away? Then we got to talking about what if he ended up in a condition where he was unable to fulfil any of his papal duties but he wasn’t at any danger of dying either – would they (The Vatican) allow the situation to carry on for potentially years without any effective leadership or would they ‘retire him’ and appoint a new pope or would it be more convenient for them to kill him off (i.e. murder him) and just say he passed away?...They didn’t actually say it in so many words but I got the definite impression that they were hinting that the third option there is what was going to happen to John Paul II!)

Whatever the cause was, John Paul II’s death was announced about 9 or 10 months after that chat I had with my friends and the German Cardinal Ratzen-something was appointed the next pope, becoming Pope Benedict (aka Pope Dracula! :yes:) – The thing that I found interesting was that in those final days of John Paul II’s life it was that same Cardinal Ratzen-something who ‘had control of JPII’s contact with the outside world’, so if anyone did indeed stop JPII from coming clean and telling the world all he knew about Roberto Calvi, child abuse cover ups and god knows what else then it could only have been him!

…And if my friends hint that JPII would actually be murdered rather than allowed to struggle on helplessly for years, then you would have to assume that Pope Dracula was the one who made that call!

Just a quick interesting coincidence - Today (24/09/13) Ex-pope Benedict made his first public statement since standing down, and it was to deny he had any role in covering up child abuse by priests (see BBC news article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24222951 ) which just happened to be the very thing that my friends accused him of in my last post.

Don't know about you but I believe my friends!

Yeah, the odds of the pope who has been accused of covering up child abuse, commenting that he never covered up child abuse has to be a 1 in a million shot

Yeah, the odds of the pope who has been accused of covering up child abuse, commenting that he never covered up child abuse has to be a 1 in a million shot

I just found it interesting that his first public comment in 7 months came a day after my post and about the very subject I was talking about...Not a big deal, just a coincidence

You're not the first person to come here in an extravagant thread with a never ending creative story. It's against the rules, which is why some people get bothered, and ask to have it blogified (which is an option on this site for writers); but loopholes are created when the author presents an 'is it real or not.. you decide cuz I'm not telling' preface. I just don't like the magic of lying. I believe impeccability of word is one of the most important things, right near love.

That aside, the idea I wanted to present is that even if the story is a complete fabrication made for the entertainment and/or creative enjoyment of the author, I am beginning to understand (a strong word I know, but it's what I typed nonetheless) that there is a consciousness lying quietly under our loud active consciousness, that is often very, very involved in forms of art, such as literature, and a lot can be likely brought out in usefulness and/or realization from this body of (alleged) creative writing. But then good messages and insightful information can likely be found in anything, for reason I've just entertained. But I guess my point is that this story shouldn't be tossed aside even if a complete fabrication from the creative mind of some Tom, Dick, or Harry from Scotland.

But I still don't like lying. I know the OP doesn't care, but he can pretend if he did care about what people think of lying, and that he cared about impeccability of word. That would probably suck.

• Like 3

You're not the first person to come here in an extravagant thread with a never ending creative story. It's against the rules, which is why some people get bothered, and ask to have it blogified (which is an option on this site for writers); but loopholes are created when the author presents an 'is it real or not.. you decide cuz I'm not telling' preface. I just don't like the magic of lying. I believe impeccability of word is one of the most important things, right near love.

That aside, the idea I wanted to present is that even if the story is a complete fabrication made for the entertainment and/or creative enjoyment of the author, I am beginning to understand (a strong word I know, but it's what I typed nonetheless) that there is a consciousness lying quietly under our loud active consciousness, that is often very, very involved in forms of art, such as literature, and a lot can be likely brought out in usefulness and/or realization from this body of (alleged) creative writing. But then good messages and insightful information can likely be found in anything, for reason I've just entertained. But I guess my point is that this story shouldn't be tossed aside even if a complete fabrication from the creative mind of some Tom, Dick, or Harry from Scotland.

But I still don't like lying. I know the OP doesn't care, but he can pretend if he did care about what people think of lying, and that he cared about impeccability of word. That would probably suck.

I know that was meant as some kind of accusation or attack on my honesty but as I have said before I have no problem with people not believing me, but you do say something that is very true...I am assuming that English isn't your first language? (I guess maybe Spanish) so I have to kind of 'interpret' what you were saying (and I really don't mean that as insulting in any way because I am ashamed to admit that I only speak one language), but I believe what you are saying in your middle paragraph is that sometimes profound words can be found in creative words (even when the author of those words had no idea how profound those words were when he wrote them)...I quoted Shakespeare a few posts ago ('All the world's a stage and all the man and women only players. each man has many entries and many exits' etc) - I don't think for a minute that Shakespeare meant that to be taken literally but by chance (or otherwise) his words hit the nail on the head. It happens often, not just in literature but on TV, film, and music...As _Only said 'In any creative work The composer may feel their are being creative but that inspiration comes from somewhere, whether the writer knows it or not.

I got no problem with you not believing me - calling for my posts to be blocked (as you seem to be doing) I do have a problem with because it would seem simpler for you to choose not to read the thread if it offends you. Others find it interesting (whether they believe it or not) and I have asked for nothing from anyone here so I would suggest that 'live and let live' would be better way to think. But for all that I do see some insight in your post so I will give it a 'like' (my first every on this channel!)

No one is calling for your posts to be blocked, and you're just being redundant saying that you don't care if people think you are lying.

I see you got the main point of my post, somehow being able to wade through my murky broken English, which I wasn't aware at all existed. I can only entertain for purposes of maintaining my weak self image that this attack on my writing style was a passive aggressive shot taken in unnecessary defense. No matter, as you got the only thing I wanted to add to the thread here, which wasn't even directed at you. It was for the rest reading who might be wondering whether they should stop reading or not in the chance that the massive amount of dialogue written here was creatively fabricated (some of who have already stepped forward in enjoying the story, but being wary of reading more due to questions of truthfulness).

Nothing written here offended me (until the unwarranted attack on my writing), and I have seen you repeatedly accuse this of others who have replied in what seems to be an unfavorable manner to you. I'd suggest that, with each person coming back and letting you know that they are not offended, you may want to ask yourself who is really getting offended between the collective 'us', and you. After all, the collective 'we' can, and will, move right along.

I hope there is no trouble for you to 'interpret' this reply, because I'm leaving you back to your thing here now.

• Like 2

No one is calling for your posts to be blocked, and you're just being redundant saying that you don't care if people think you are lying.

I see you got the main point of my post, somehow being able to wade through my murky broken English, which I wasn't aware at all existed. I can only entertain for purposes of maintaining my weak self image that this attack on my writing style was a passive aggressive shot taken in unnecessary defense. No matter, as you got the only thing I wanted to add to the thread here, which wasn't even directed at you. It was for the rest reading who might be wondering whether they should stop reading or not in the chance that the massive amount of dialogue written here was creatively fabricated (some of who have already stepped forward in enjoying the story, but being wary of reading more due to questions of truthfulness).

Nothing written here offended me (until the unwarranted attack on my writing), and I have seen you repeatedly accuse this of others who have replied in what seems to be an unfavorable manner to you. I'd suggest that, with each person coming back and letting you know that they are not offended, you may want to ask yourself who is really getting offended between the collective 'us', and you. After all, the collective 'we' can, and will, move right along.

I hope there is no trouble for you to 'interpret' this reply, because I'm leaving you back to your thing here now.

I cannot believe this thread has gone on this long ,and anyone on this forum is gullible enough to buy any of this stuff ,but hey ,what do i know ....

There's no accounting for naivety

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Begone petty person. Scots has been nothing but polite. You however are trolling.

Begone petty person. Scots has been nothing but polite. You however are trolling.

Thanks for the support Ssilhoutte - I thought I was beig polite too and did genuinely think that last post was written by someone for whom English wasn't their first language but I guess some people find it easier not to believe anything I say here. Not to worry, no big deal and as I have said already I was running out of bits of my experiences that I could fit into single posts here so I think I will call it a day here and unless any significant new developments come up I won't be back coz really I don't need the grief. If anyone does want to ask me about anything they can still send me a message here and I will receive a notification by email but otherwise, bye all!

No one was trolling .His long winded posts seem scripted .Who can type all that much at once ?Hes cutting and pasting it all from something pre written .

...and he's using all of your replies for *something*.

Its stinks to me from the get go .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Although I agree that the posts were too long, I was interested. Even if it was completely fiction, I was curious to see were the "friends" were going.

No one was trolling .His long winded posts seem scripted .Who can type all that much at once ?Hes cutting and pasting it all from something pre written .

...and he's using all of your replies for *something*.

Its stinks to me from the get go .

Who gives a crap? A lot of what he said his friends were telling him has matched a lot of what I've discovered on my own through a near death experience. Way to go idiots. You ran him off. Maybe we can now talk about how 2 + 2 = 4 or some other safe subject so what scots and people like him are saying won't rattle the foundation of your brittle reality too much? Keep it nice and boring/predictable, no mysteries. You know, so you folks don't have to feel uncomfortable one iota about stuff you don't understand.

• Like 1

:huh: "No mysteries"? The name of this website is "Unexplained-Mysteries". I think people ARE on here to explore, but sometimes wading through the steaming piles of **** makes it hard to do so.

Who gives a crap? A lot of what he said his friends were telling him has matched a lot of what I've discovered on my own through a near death experience. Way to go idiots. You ran him off. Maybe we can now talk about how 2 + 2 = 4 or some other safe subject so what scots and people like him are saying won't rattle the foundation of your brittle reality too much? Keep it nice and boring/predictable, no mysteries. You know, so you folks don't have to feel uncomfortable one iota about stuff you don't understand.

calm down, im sure there'll be a book out soon enough to satiate your scifi needs

..actually there's a pretty good cooking recipe thread in off topic.

here's the thing tho.

He goes on this novel long jabber fest, never gives ...any proof, claims he's not trying to convince anyone.

And, if he weren't trying to convince anyone, he'd have stopped a long time ago.

exploring is fine.

Telling people you're not trying to convince them of anything, when you post miles of b.s. and get deffensive and leave when you're called on that b.s.

isn't what it's for.

It was some really good fiction.

But that's all it was man. He gave no proof, whatsoever.

If you're posting something, saying its real, give something emperical to go along with it.

At best, this was a good story.

At worst? The guy's schizophrenic.

Now, I dunno why you're hitching your wagon to him, but he's gone now. Likely to sell his book.

If this is where you want to make you're big movie moment stand, you know, go ahead. But you've got nothing on your side apart from a feeling.

Although I agree that the posts were too long, I was interested. Even if it was completely fiction, I was curious to see were the "friends" were going.

Well ,if its for amusement ,i guess its OK,but this thread was started in June .

How long a build up to the finale does one need though ?

Using this forums constituents as cold test subjects without their knowledge or consent is uncool .

This is the kind of stuff some people get paid for .

If he was legit ,no one would have run him off.If that were the case ,I'd have left this forum over a year ago .

And saying i don't understand ,is a JOKE .

he is testing out a book or something ,and stringing everyone along and writing down everyones reactions .

You're a guinea pig .

I also think its someone who's been on this forum before or under another name at present .

So they're a troll .

Sorry .i call em like i see them .There are a dozen other legit threads to talk on

Edited by Simbi Laveau

If he was legit ,no one would have run him off.If that were the case ,I'd have left this forum over a year ago .

And saying i don't understand ,is a JOKE .

he is testing out a book or something ,and stringing everyone along and writing down everyones reactions .

You're a guinea pig .

I also think its someone who's been on this forum before or under another name at present .

So they're a troll .

Sorry .i call em like i see them .There are a dozen other legit threads to talk on

You don't have the perspective to determine if he was legit. Have you ever died and come back to life? I have. I found only one flaw with what he was reporting that differed from my own experience and more in dreaming since that NDE. What he was saying was legit. Even if he made it up, he stumbled onto truths somewhere. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. Your perspective is like listening to a priest declare that science is a joke when he knows nothing of the revelations of science.

So you say he wasn't legit. My own experiences corroborate with what he was saying. So I say he is legit. Thanks for running him off again. He was nothing but polite and was most definitely not defensive. If he was, he'd still be here in your face: defending. But like a polite person who has just discovered rude company doesn't want him around, after a few attempts to them to just say "hey, this is my experience, you don't have to read it or talk to me", he just left.

The name of this website, in case any of you forgot, is "Unexplalined Mysteries". Get it? The name isn't "Mundane Rude Religion of Sceptics".

• Like 1

I have been following your tale/experience since your first post. In my opinion, fact or fiction, alot of people might wonder about the obvious (religion, world destruction, etc)

Personally, I can see how you might be hesitant to alight on such subjects, due to the simple fact that such entities might have an ulterior motive. In truth, it makes little sense. They explained why you, but how can you attest to what they're saying as truth? You can't truly dispute it.

What I'm getting at is, are you positive they/them/it is what they claim to be? All logic aside, they have quite extensive knowledge of religion and are hard pressed to delve deeply into it. Why is that you think?

Logically speaking, it wouldn't be the first instance an entity claimed to be what it wasn't.

Otherwise, I wish you all the best, please be careful :-)