Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Bible Code & Twin Towers

didymusclairvoyant

I'll get interested when they show something from their code about specific events that are yet to happen in the coming year, with the specific names and they ... then actually happen. All these codes Torah, Bible, you name it always talk about what has already occurred and how "lo and behold" ancient texts predicted they would occur. The narrative then either dries up or becomes increasingly vague about future events yet to occur to the point of being generalised enough to fit a hundred recurring events that have yet to herald anything more lasting than a 3 day news headline aka: rises and falls in the stock market, an earthquake, a hurricane etc.

• Like 2

John 13:19 says "I tell you this beforehand, so that when it happens you will believe that I Am the Messiah." It doesn't mention mystical codes. In fact it otherwise says not to try to divine the future and stay away from those who do. I believe that prophecies were designed for mankind so that we could believe. But I don't think "bible codes" are prophetic.

Its just like with Nostradamus, he was a very intelligent man who could read mankind, he also wrote literally thousands of predictions in accordance to his understanding of mans nature and nature itself, if none had occurred then that would have been strange and weird.

This code thing though! I am not at all convinced, if they could have predicted a plane crashing into 2 towers, why not have just started of with the prediction of a plane being made in the first place?

As pointed out, the amount of texts there are and the amount of different events which happen daily, let alone over history, you can easily point to a text from long ago and make a comparison....prediction and codes? NO!

My home internet is down and I'm posting from my phone so it's hard to provide links and impractical to watch the YouTube link you provided. However, try googling: John Safran Vanilla Ice predicts 9/11, a YouTube video should be among the first links, and shows how much the Bible Code is trustworthy :yes:

Edit: got the YouTube link for you ;)

Edited by Paranoid Android

What, there is a "Bible Code" available to only the brainwashing pseudo-"pastors"?

Nah, this is an old trick on an old premise.

Their end result is that you give them money so that they can live in wealthy homes, drive expensive cars, etc... while you live in poverty.

• Like 1

I like the synchronicity-like meets information and humanity of the Bible Code which of course can use any book of literature to find these coincidences.

With better ways to deal with Big Data no doubt more interesting things are to come.

Writing itself is only thousands of years old, we are way older, but without writing we would never have had a priest class, history we could record and consult, or the Bible itself.

Some like to make all these things mystical, and they are, as mystical as mundane humans are. They are all part of humanity.

I thought this was really interesting.

Yeah, interesting in that it is interesting to what heights stupidity can reach. Bleahg

Interesting>grumpy.

I like the synchronicity-like meets information and humanity of the Bible Code which of course can use any book of literature to find these coincidences.

Confirmation bias is more accurate than coincidence.
  • Like 1

Confirmation bias is more accurate than coincidence.

True but if others want to find meaning in something understanding fully well that both are at play then accuracy finds a balance with fuzziness.

This is the preternatural view that lives in harmony between belief and skepticism without seeing one necessarily destroying the other. While skeptics and believers debate a few find comfort in the middle ground where neither of you can exist.

Understanding that the Bible is a myth, that it could not exist without the very human invention of writing, and then returning to find meaning and purpose in it is not something you can prove right or wrong. Finding something special within us as humans, finding something divine in humanity and something human in divinity, is so much easier on the mind than always struggling to prove others wrong or yourself right.

For others it is easier to clearly demarcate and oppose, and if that works for them, so be it. So while I cannot disagree with your facts and even welcome them it is your opinion that could never win me over and that is fine, for I accept your opinion and outlook as something that works for you but it cannot ever work for me. And if you want to dismiss that as me having a weak mind then that is a weakness I find value in and will leave you to your own treasure.

Edited by The world needs you