Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bono's book about Jesus.

Bluefinger

I thought someone said U2 was a pagan group. Yet here is a link about Bono's book which includes an excerpt on Jesus as to suggest that he agrees completely with Christ. What do you think about the excerpt?

http://frankviola.org/2013/06/21/bonoonjesus/

Edited by Bluefinger
  • Like 1

No they are not a Pagan group, kind of like The Call (RIP) and a lot of other Christian bands that are really great. If they are really good who cares what their religion they follow. If you strike the right cord art transcends all.

• Like 2

Yet here is a link about Bono's book which includes an excerpt on Jesus as to suggest that he agrees completely with Christ. What do you think about the excerpt?

http://frankviola.or...21/bonoonjesus/

From the very end of the article:

So I ask myself a question a lot of people have asked: Who is this man? And was He who He said He was, or was He just a religious nut? And there it is, and that’s the question. And no one can talk you into it or out of it.”

In this quote he questions the authenticity of Jesus being the messaih. Not sure how that suggests that he agrees completely with Christ.

• Like 1

Yet here is a link about Bono's book which includes an excerpt on Jesus as to suggest that he agrees completely with Christ.

Not quite! he believes in the goodness and love behind the man, but we can do that with Mother Teresa.

• Like 3

I thought someone said U2 was a pagan group. Yet here is a link about Bono's book which includes an excerpt on Jesus as to suggest that he agrees completely with Christ. What do you think about the excerpt?

http://frankviola.or...21/bonoonjesus/

Bono is Roman Catholic, but I believ he speaks to all peoples.

peace

mark

• Like 4

Bluefinger, if U2 were a Pagan band would it make a difference in how you felt about them as artist? How about the rest of the members I don't know their religion. Maybe one of them is a Pagan you never know. Pagans often turn up in unexpected places.

• Like 1

I've mentioned several times on here that I am christian with Gnostic tendencies. I have always recognised in U2 gnostic leanings also. It is completely in line with that sort of thinking that Bono would admire what he KNOWS of Jesus without committing to him being a Messiah or Son of God etc as he may not believe he has the evidence to give credence to that part of the general christian message.

Edit to add: It is because of they're christian/gnostic prose in so much of their work that they have always been a favorite of mine and Bono agreeing completely with Christ comes as absolutely no surprise to me.

Edited by libstaK