Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien existence, drip feeding theory

Hi All

My apologies if this topic has already been covered in detail, but I would like to put this question out there to you all. Are we being drip fed information about alien existence via the mainstream media, in an effort to gradually get everyone use to the idea of alien civilisations?

As every day passes it seems that we are getting closer to discovering an earth like planet, with all the advances in planet finding technology, more and more planets are being discovered in the habitable zone of their parent stars. This is what has led me to ask the above question. I feel that it is only a matter of time before we are told about the existence of the holy grail of extraterrestrial planets and are told that we have intelligent neighbours.

1) Please keep an open mind

2) Please feel free to broaden the conversation

3) All feedback will be positively received

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi All

My apologies if this topic has already been covered in detail, but I would like to put this question out there to you all. Are we being drip fed information about alien existence via the mainstream media, in an effort to gradually get everyone use to the idea of alien civilisations?

No apologies necessary. It is indeed one of those questions that crop up a lot, but I honestly do not see that happening. I am personally convinced that the powers that be knows as much as anybody else, if not less.

As every day passes it seems that we are getting closer to discovering an earth like planet, with all the advances in planet finding technology, more and more planets are being discovered in the habitable zone of their parent stars. This is what has led me to ask the above question. I feel that it is only a matter of time before we are told about the existence of the holy grail of extraterrestrial planets and are told that we have intelligent neighbours.

1) Please keep an open mind

2) Please feel free to broaden the conversation

3) All feedback will be positively received

Many Thanks in advance.

I think you will find that the stream of information that is "dripping" out is not so much dictated by a wish to control information, but simply from what our technology is capable of. And as our technological level increases, we get more information.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 6

Exactly as Badesov.

The conspiracy view is the govt know about aliens and are covering it up, but why would they? And how could they? Considering there are thousands of amateur astronomers world wide who DONT work for the govts/NASA etc? And why would aliens choose to get in touch with our govts in secret? How would they know 'who' the govt is, or what a govt is, and 'where' the govt can be found? Its quite absurd.

If and when aliens come here, Im sure we will all know about it. And I expect all of us will be just as freaked out/surprised/fascinated/scared silly at the same time

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

If so, the only way this could be achieved is if every government were really in cahoots, and possibly ran by some omnipotent shadow government. They would have to have been at it for over 100 years considering E.T. civilizations being depicted in literature as early as 1898 with H.G. Wells The War of the Worlds. But imo, no I don't really believe this is the case. Lets face it, science fiction sells like hot cakes to all manners of geeks and freaks the world over(me included). It's an awesome way to make money, both for those who depict it as purely fictional and narrative, and those who claim it is real e.g. Greer, Icke, Maxwell.

Exactly as Badesov.

The conspiracy view is the govt know about aliens and are covering it up, but why would they? And how could they? Considering there are thousands of amateur astronomers world wide who DONT work for the govts/NASA etc? And why would aliens choose to get in touch with our govts in secret? How would they know 'who' the govt is, or what a govt is, and 'where' the govt can be found? Its quite absurd.

If and when aliens come here, Im sure we will all know about it. And I expect all of us will be just as freaked out/surprised/fascinated/scared silly at the same time

TV.

Mormons are taught that there is life on other planets life like us.

As for tech. The government in america is ten to twenty years ahead of society.

Edited by danielost

I do not think so. People started seeing UFO described as flying saucers back in the 50' and the beleifs of ET became very strong in the 60' and 70'. There was various groups of believers and writters on the subject out there and this hasn't change today.

The big difference: The technologies.

There was no internet back then nor various TV channels and so today the informations is running fast and brought to our Internet devices. digital camera, cellphone camera ect makes it much more handy to catch a UFO in the sky and to post it online thereafter.

Edited by sam_comm

Thanks for the immediate responses

I think the reason I ask is because I am getting impatient of waiting for ETI to turn up, I have always been interested in space and everything it has to offer since I can remember, on many occasions I have just stared up at the stars wondering what awaits us out there. My imagination has already thought of countless possibilities of what's out there, would just love for one of them to be real, and for humans to have the ability to explore these possibilities. As I have said I'm very impatient and want to go star & planet trotting now.

There is also the possibility that we may be the most advanced species in our universe, it may sound highly unlikely due to the age of the universe, but however unlikely something is there is always the possibility that it could be possible. If this is the case I think that we need to get our brains into gear and start devising technological advances, so that we can explore the universe in a respectable time scale and spread our civilisation out across our universe in an effort to cement our existence.

I just get the feeling when it comes to space exploration we have stalled a bit, not doing anything of note in human space travel in some years, this is really frustrating. When it comes to searching and exploring further afield than our own cosmic back yard, no one seems to be interested or even coming up with the ideas to how we could achieve travel across these vast distances. The focus seems to be on searching for micro organisms which are certainly out there in our back yard, I have no concerns about that. After that we just seem to want to set up bases on orbiting rocks or planets which have had their day and no longer present them selves as viable habitable planets. All the focus seems to be directed to the wrong areas, I understand the need to explore close to home and practice but without thinking bigger there can be no progress, we will just end up stagnating as a space exploring species.

Would love to know anyone's thought on this?

• Like 1

I do not think so. People started seeing UFO described as flying saucers back in the 50' and the beleifs of ET became very strong in the 60' and 70'. There was various groups of believers and writters on the subject out there and this hasn't change today.

The big difference: The technologies.

There was no internet back then nor various TV channels and so today the informations is running fast and brought to our Internet devices. digital camera, cellphone camera ect makes it much more handy to catch a UFO in the sky and to post it online thereafter.

We had radio in the 50s. Once said ets got with in one light year of earth, they could receive our radio signals. So one year after we started broadcasting a strong signal they could hear us. Before that we may not have been interesting. Like in first contact.

The internet was indeed around in the fifties. But, the only users were the us militay. In the 60s they added universities. In the 80s they added everyone else. Like I keep saying the government s en to twenty years a head of us in tech. The first lap tops I saw was in 82 when I was in the army. They were so new they hadn't started to use them.

Thanks for the immediate responses

I think the reason I ask is because I am getting impatient of waiting for ETI to turn up, I have always been interested in space and everything it has to offer since I can remember, on many occasions I have just stared up at the stars wondering what awaits us out there. My imagination has already thought of countless possibilities of what's out there, would just love for one of them to be real, and for humans to have the ability to explore these possibilities. As I have said I'm very impatient and want to go star & planet trotting now.

I've all but given up with ET on Earth. All I want is confirmation of life elsewhere in the universe - and I don't even mean intelligent life. It could just be evidence of single cell organisms.

Let's start there. Before I die hopefully ;)

• Like 3

I believe that something alien to us does exist elsewhere (just not in our solar system). I think that with today's social media it enables us to tap into accounts or theories of alien existence on a much larger scale than before. I don't think it has anything to do with the media itself drip feeding us... I think we are doing that very well on our own through social media. Though, I do wish that there were more creditable presentations of such and newer material, but until then, I'll still dream and imagine beyond our stars!

Come on, alien single cell organism, it's all down to you buddy! We're waiting!

Kind Regards :)

• Like 3

Exactly as Badesov.

The conspiracy view is the govt know about aliens and are covering it up, but why would they?

To avoid panic and religious confusion, to study and assimilate any advanced technology for military purposes ( just as they have kept secret stealth technology) etc in the past.

Why wouldn't they? Do you think they would willingly show everything learned from an advanced civilisation to governments whom they are not friendly with?

• Like 1

To avoid panic and religious confusion, to study and assimilate any advanced technology for military purposes ( just as they have kept secret stealth technology) etc in the past.

Why wouldn't they? Do you think they would willingly show everything learned from an advanced civilisation to governments whom they are not friendly with?

Perhaps you think aliens are so dumb as to be captured, questioned, and have their craft taken off them and hidden away in hangars or something?

Or perhaps, they only to choose to liase with the US govt somehow? Whats in it for them? What the heck can aliens ever want from a govt? If they wanted something from earth they can just barge in, in broad daylight, and take it, and Im confident there wont be much we could do to stop them

Nah, its just wishful thinking for some, and a CT for others.

Like when people say saucers use antigravity, ie: they can hover stationary etc etc....Well if so, why on earth should they ever crash if they can defeat gravity?

And if any govt had a crashed saucer at any time, why doesn't any govt now have incredible aircraft that can fly like no other? And then we have this theory of we are being drip fed 'alien' info thru movies etc. More rubbish!

You know the only people who believe things like that are the types of people who frequent ufo and CT websites. The general population at large dont think any such nonsense

I don't think we're being prepped for any disclosure. The government would never acknowledge that something more advanced and powerful than they are exists.

I always say ,"One better buckle up for a Good Long Wait" Were Here and theres no Government cover up. Hell ! They cant even run a simple society here on Earth!

We better finger out just how to survive ourselfs First ! Were not going to make it another Hundred years If we dont start to come together and work out our Worlds Needs. And Our Peoples Dreams ! Huh ! Now what-ya-gonna-do When they come for you? :tu:

Edited by DONTEATUS
  • Like 1

Hey Seeder

You sound like someone with strong opinions and ideals which is a refreshing to see, my personal view on this subject is as stated above in my second post, I think we should be actively seeking ETI in more proactive ways such as devising the technology to go to other solar systems and physically look around our selves, rather than sending AI in our place which is no substitute for the intuition and physical presents of a human.

The technologies are there in theory to get us to these destinations, but there seems to be no incentive at present to pursue these with any real conviction. The ideas scientists are pursuing at present such a data stream transportation is utterly ridiculous, as it entails making copies of the original and making a matching copy of the information transmitted at the other end via particles, meaning I haven't traveled anywhere just have a double in the location which I wanted to go.

What is your opinion when it comes to the current strategy undertaken by most governments, when it comes to space exploration?

Hey Seeder

You sound like someone with strong opinions and ideals which is a refreshing to see, my personal view on this subject is as stated above in my second post, I think we should be actively seeking ETI in more proactive ways such as devising the technology to go to other solar systems and physically look around our selves, rather than sending AI in our place which is no substitute for the intuition and physical presents of a human.

The technologies are there in theory to get us to these destinations, but there seems to be no incentive at present to pursue these with any real conviction. The ideas scientists are pursuing at present such a data stream transportation is utterly ridiculous, as it entails making copies of the original and making a matching copy of the information transmitted at the other end via particles, meaning I haven't traveled anywhere just have a double in the location which I wanted to go.

What is your opinion when it comes to the current strategy undertaken by most governments, when it comes to space exploration?

Allow me to post two of my previous posts to save typing again: -

quote: well I dont know about that, and heres why: Our galaxy, the Milky Way is more or less 100, 000 light years across. So even at the speed of light, it will take 100,000 years to cross it. So anything that is not immortal will be long dead even trying to cross it. Especially considering that the human life is approx 70 years, and aliens, being lifeforms too, will also have a finite number of years to live. So I dont think humans will ever leave the milky way, EVER!

But the good news is, WITHIN our galaxy, it has been suggested that there are 200 billion stars. And stars as we know are suns, and suns may have habitable planets around them, ie other solar systems. So if life ever has a chance of reaching us I would imagine it will have to be from within the milky way only. Just my opinion of course.

And the figures mentioned dont even hint at the tremendous distances between the different galaxies...heres a visual

deepsec.jpg

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=249483&st=75

and

Look at it this way, as light and radio waves travel at the same speed in the vacuum of space, the nearest star is approx 4.2 light years away, so a signal will take the same time as light does, to reach the nearest star, ie: 4.2 years, Then the same amount of time for a 'similar' signal to reach us 'if' they understood it, and replied with similar tech to us, so we will be looking at 8.4 years min, for a possible reply.

And thats the nearest star - Proxima Centauri.

Then we have Alpha Centauri at 4.36 light years, so a wait of 8.7 years. Plus we havent figured out yet if the star even has a potentially habitable planet. Its pointless sending signals to stars (suns), we need to send them to the planets around the stars.

Next nearest is Barnards star, 5.9 light years, so again, 11.8 years for a reply, - if - it has any planets at all that is.

then the next nearest is 'Wise', 6.52 light years, so 13 years for a possible reply

Then the stars after that all get further and further away, so nothing we can do is a quick method of sending signals.

But just because a star is near us - doesnt mean its got planets that 'may' be able to support life, so we really need to identify a star system, WITH a planet suitable for life, and then send the signal to it.

Stacking the odds against us isnt it?

But lets say we do find a suitable planet to host life, we wont know if its lifeforms are just simple life like bacteria, or simple animals/plants, or even early forms of humanoid life. So sending a signal to a planet like that will yield NO REPLY, even tho its teeming with life!

As with Europa, there could well be bacteria in the seas, or simple fishy type things, and thats LIFE in the universe - apart from us, but fishy things cant reply!!

So relying on radio signals being picked up by potential lifeforms, could well miss ANY life....at its simplest form

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=249483&st=15

does that help?

• Like 1

Hey Ma0773,

Pardon me for barging in also, but I had a few comments as well.

Indeed, we should. But given the resources required it is a massive undertaking with the potential of having a very limited outcome, if not disastrous for the crew. In my honest opinion it is prudent to have a very clear goal with the knowledge that the chance of success is very high and, sadly, we are not there yet. Lets get back to the moon and then Mars to practice our skills at space exploration while we in the same breath look for the most suitable destination and the best solution to get there..

The technologies are there in theory to get us to these destinations, but there seems to be no incentive at present to pursue these with any real conviction.

In theory, yes. Practically, not really. There is one solution that has not been pursued for many years, Project Orion, but that is still a far cry to be practical for space exploration by any means. Many means of space exploration are being diligently pursued by numerous scientists, but the Holy Grail of space travel is still an elusive one.

The ideas scientists are pursuing at present such a data stream transportation is utterly ridiculous, as it entails making copies of the original and making a matching copy of the information transmitted at the other end via particles, meaning I haven't traveled anywhere just have a double in the location which I wanted to go.

Why? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to communicate instantaneously with people we send out on prolonged journeys? And whatever their budgets, it is peanuts compared to what is required to launch a successful program enabling traversing interstellar space.

A good, prudent approach. Could always wish for more resources, but I honestly doubt it would make that much of a dent as we truly need a breakthrough and more often than not they come from personal genius rather than throwing a lot of money at it.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

Badeskov

• Like 2

Life is abundant,I don't think there is any doubt about that.My personal opinion is that intelligent life thousands of years more advanced than us is maybe not quite so abundant.

We are tucked away in a quiet part of the Galaxy, and you have to wonder whether Aliens would want to use huge resources and energy visiting a relatively backward race of warmongering homo sapiens.

I don't believe we are being visited by Aliens, just my own viewpoint that's all.

• Like 2

A Good start on this thread ! We are only going to step off this would in the Future If we can Fix it from massive destruction over the next Hundred years ! It will Indeed give us time to evolve and develop the infrastructures ! ITs a Long Way to any where that Looks even close to what we need to survive on ! And were still Looking at 20 plus Light Years out ! That my friends is at least 80 to a 100 years away for us IMO. :tu:

But LEts Get on with IT !

• Like 3

Need I remind you that we broadcast educational programs. Meaning et can learn our language in route.

Earth has been visited by ets, they left us a code to live by. Yes, I speak of god. It is clear in the bible that god isn't from earth.@

Earth has been visited by ets, they left us a code to live by. Yes, I speak of god. It is clear in the bible that god isn't from earth.@

The bible proves ET visitation?!,... To me thats like saying that old wives tales proves Thor is real.

• Like 1

If the government, or whatever, has knowledge of intelligent life, and if such beings are in contact with them, I am convinced that we will never get to know of this, and there will be no disclosure, ever. So I don't think we are being drip-fed.

In actuality though, I am far from sure that we are even being visited. As other posters have remarked, why would these ETs be in contact with the US government, or any other government? Stanton Friedman gives a number of reasons, but I think that none of them are particularly strong. What makes no sense is that these ETs would have been visiting our planet since at least the 1940s, and supposedly even carrying out abductions. What the hell would be the purpose of this? If they are so advanced as to be able to travel between stars, then they could learn anything they need to learn about this planet and its inhabitans within a few years, and would not need decades of visits and abductions. It doesn't make much sense. If we are being visited, I think it's by intra-dimensional forces, and even here, I don't think the government of any country has any more knowledge about this than your average Joe or Susan.

Edit: typos.

Edited by Exorcist

The bible proves ET visitation?!,... To me thats like saying that old wives tales proves Thor is real.

Perhaps he was/is. Myth is based on facts. I know the norse gods were the only ones that could be killed.

The ets that may be visiting us may not be real ets. I am saying they are from earth. They have a city in space.