Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if aliens hate our religions

ambelamba

I hope beyond hope, if there is ever Contact with ETs, intelligent nonhumans and/or whomever of the unseen, that they (somehow) will be MOST impeccably thorough about allowing us to eliminate the concepts of mere BELIEFS alone (without proof) and WORSHIP, the latter of which is slavery that serves ONLY to feed the beyond-monstrous ego(s) of the worshipped.

I don´t see why aliens should give a bleep about our various religions.

Do you care about the religions of stoneage tribes in the Amazon delta or New Guinea?

Same thing.

• Like 1

I don´t see why aliens should give a bleep about our various religions.

Do you care about the religions of stoneage tribes in the Amazon delta or New Guinea?

Same thing.

Well, when they were discovered by the White man, the White man was very interested in converting them from worshipping their false idols to the True religion, wasn't he, so, if the Aliens had anything like the same attitude, it could be a cause for concern ...

One should only be looking at the Actual Facts,Has anyone Landed and Told us what We need to believe in yet? And In the fact that Thats not Happened We should still slog on with trying to understand that Man is so far the only creature that we know of that makes up stories to try and control ourselfs.

So If E.T does Land just maybe HE will indeed try to Control us too. Like baby sheep ,all herded into the Oven`s for Dinner !

Food for Thought . :whistle:

• Like 1

So If E.T does Land just maybe HE will indeed try to Control us too. Like baby sheep ,all herded into the Oven`s for Dinner !

Food for Thought . :whistle:

Yup lol! It's possible life on Earth was seeded here a long time ago by aliens, and that the Earth is their farm and we're like cows to them... ready for consumption the next time an intergalactic convention is held nearby... :o

• 4 weeks later...

was god an astronaut? if yes, they are probaly impressed with the fact they started the longest game of chinese whispers ever. If no then I like to think they understand that most of us have to turn to religion to explain the unexplainable, feared or unknown..

Religion`s ,All RELIGIONS ! are mans Ideas of how & Why we make up stories to control His own kind. Form the First invention of this story ITs been the case !

Do your own research, Ask yourself, Its all there to formulate your own Answer. ANd then write your own Story Book full of @^&$

This is an interesting topic because in the last few years the Vatican itself has openly expressed their views on alien life and how it would not negate belief in God. If there would be one thing that beings universally had in common it would have to be a belief in a higher power whether one calls that deity God, Jesus, Mohammed, or whatever. Because if you accept that humans and aliens are all created then you'd have to believe in a supreme being who created them as they could not just pop up into random existence.

Curiously, no one seems to touch this subject.

I bet a truck full of combo pizza that there's no way aliens have favorable view on our religions. (or should I bet my left testicle? It's a Korean expression.) Look what happened to Aztecs. Although native religions in South America survived and somewhat integrated with Catholicism, I fear that aliens would do their best to wipe out our faiths.

Maybe few people want to discuss because this is such a bleak subject. I won't be surprised to see if people are very afraid of think of such possibility that fanatically atheist aliens will slaughter religious people on Earth.

They may have created the relgions themselves to control and enslave.

was god an astronaut? if yes, they are probaly impressed with the fact they started the longest game of chinese whispers ever. If no then I like to think they understand that most of us have to turn to religion to explain the unexplainable, feared or unknown..

A lot of info on that at this link:

http://www.halexandria.org/dward185.htm

I bet a truck full of combo pizza that there's no way aliens have favorable view on our religions. (or should I bet my left testicle? It's a Korean expression.) Look what happened to Aztecs. Although native religions in South America survived and somewhat integrated with Catholicism, I fear that aliens would do their best to wipe out our faiths.

Maybe few people want to discuss because this is such a bleak subject. I won't be surprised to see if people are very afraid of think of such possibility that fanatically atheist aliens will slaughter religious people on Earth.

They don't even really have to be "Fanatically Atheist". They may just have their own religion and find ours to be offensive and/or blasphemous...

I would like to think any "Advanced" Race would have left old superstitions and tales of magic men in the sky behind them, but look at our culture. Manny people think we are a advanced race yet all you have to do is walk into any trailer park quoting Friedrich Nietzsche, and you'll see how un-intellectual the majority of this culture really is....

• 3 weeks later...

It may be a possibility, I certainly hope that they do hate the religions. I reckon that most ancient beliefs are in fact, created deliberately or not by aliens anyway, but not the monotheistic religions. I think that many people would give up their faiths in case of a contact, until Vatican and other major religious authorities side with aliens and suggest that they appear in the holy books. Vatican already started to move that way so I guess they'll do whatever it takes to survive, but the real question is the nature of the contact as they may come with knowledge of many questions we are asking, therefore there is a possibility that they can make every religion on Earth obsolete anyway. This is a really good discussion topic imho :)

Sometimes I wonder if Vatican does know something we don't know about aliens. But I have a feeling that any of their attempts will end up futile. Maybe we will do have the contact in our lifetime, and we would be lucky if we end up in some gigantic hamster cage with stuff.

Religion may have a part to play for some people.... comfort and last hope, afraid of death, etc. But for the most part I think its sad that we havent moved beyond this type of nonsense.

Why? Aliens would not give a rats **** about our religions or try to "wipe them out". That would happen just naturally, if we were confronted with such vastly superior beings.

Do researchers in Neu Guinea "hate" the hundreds of native religions and try to "wipe them out"? Of course not.

During many years lots of witnesses and ufologists have been saying that aliens/ETs are superior beings, this means, they are way more intelligent than us, therefore they do not believe in religions/cults/charlatans. If they are going to destroy us, it was not going to happen because of our beliefs but for being part of an inferior race. Now, it's stupid to think that we're the only place in the whole universe where life is possible, but thinking that aliens are travelling through the whole universe to chop cows and steal water...well.... kill us now pls.

Considering how they probably feel about our intelligence level (poorly, I would imagine), our religion wouldn't even make a splash among them. They've probably written us off as a bunch of violent, planet-killers, set on destroying everything we see. And to put that up against our "non-violent" religious convictions, we're hypocrites as well.

Unless an Extraterrestrial civilization has unravelled all the secrets of the Universe and it's origin, then their religions cannot be placed ''above'' any other here on Earth. It would still be based on faith and beliefs and therefore cannot be considered the ultimate truth more than our current religions. Would they despised ours? That depend on the very nature of these hypotetical extraterrestrials, if it is concilliatory and understanding, just like the reasonable persons on Earth are between each other then they'll politely respect them.

Edited by sam_comm

Superior aliens, or anyone who is fairly advanced in his thinking, would not hate any of our man-made religions, but shake their heads in utter disbelief at our calcified religions and the wars that have been

caused by them - and which are still going on today - by totally moronic and fanatical religious "holy" warriors.

post-112764-0-50659800-1376202445_thumb.

Well you asked " what if aliens hate our religions?" so i will base my reply on the idea they are actually here, they really do hate our religions, and we can communicate with them. I would say, So what? Half the planet hates our religions already and most people have stopped believing in most of the Gods, so its probably only a matter of time before they realize all the Gods are imaginary. I can only imagine aliens might find the entire god thing interesting.

i do think it's very funny how people try to squeeze in Atheist propaganda at the slightest opportunity.

• Like 1

Who cares if aliens hate out religions. People on Earth already hate our religions, so if aliens hated them, I doubt it would matter.

Well, but if they are like the villains from a certain video game franchise that made Microsoft money, their own fanaticism will not tolerate our kind of religions.

i do think it's very funny how people try to squeeze in Atheist propaganda at the slightest opportunity.

My sense is that this goes both ways. By the way, why do you choose to call it "propaganda?" What is your idea of what constitutes "propaganda?"