Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White Skin & Black Eyes

Lemonfegget

--Hello. I would just start off by saying this is not my experience, but a friends. So recently my friend has been seeing these weird colorless people with pitch black eyes. She has no idea what they are. Recently she said while she was sleeping she felt watched, so when she awoke she saw one looking at her. It began to slowly open its mouth and it stretched on and on until she looked away. She's had a tone of freaky experiences like this with these things. We just want to know how to get rid of them and what they are. She sometimes feels forced to look over at something and when she does she says she sees one looking at her? This almost always happens at night, but she has her lights on and such. When she looks away and looks back, they turn out to be normal- every day objects, but I don't think shes just 'seeing things' They almost never have bodies, and when they do its almost always just black. Its strange. They also never make sounds. So...What do you think?

Here is an image of something that looks like what she sees.

Thank you.

I would freak out if I saw that,maybe its a ghost

• Like 1

I've never gotten any good looks at paranormal stuff. The closest I've come is seeing myself(an arm/leg/back for a split second) walking into a room. Others saw this as well. My brother used to see the same ghost almost every night as a kid though, he said it was another kid with an eyeball hanging loose that would just look at reach and sometimes reach for him.

Eventually that stopped.

But yeah, if I saw a face like that looking at me in the middle of the night I have no idea how I'd react. I would definitely bring my dog in to sleep with me for emotional support lol.

--Hello. I would just start off by saying this is not my experience, but a friends. So recently my friend has been seeing these weird colorless people with pitch black eyes. She has no idea what they are. Recently she said while she was sleeping she felt watched, so when she awoke she saw one looking at her. It began to slowly open its mouth and it stretched on and on until she looked away. She's had a tone of freaky experiences like this with these things. We just want to know how to get rid of them and what they are. She sometimes feels forced to look over at something and when she does she says she sees one looking at her? This almost always happens at night, but she has her lights on and such. When she looks away and looks back, they turn out to be normal- every day objects, but I don't think shes just 'seeing things' They almost never have bodies, and when they do its almost always just black. Its strange. They also never make sounds. So...What do you think?

Here is an image of something that looks like what she sees.

Thank you.

Has she consulted any mental health professionals or had any sleep studies conducted?

Without knowing more, I'd argue that she is simply experiencing some type of sleep paralysis or vivid dreaming.

Now, for the next part, allow me to put my skeptic hat on here - the fact that you can describe something so unusual and then be able to find a .gif on the internet that pretty much matches it, raises a big red flag.

• Like 2

If i saw that I would probably move

Has she consulted any mental health professionals or had any sleep studies conducted?

Without knowing more, I'd argue that she is simply experiencing some type of sleep paralysis or vivid dreaming.

Now, for the next part, allow me to put my skeptic hat on here - the fact that you can describe something so unusual and then be able to find a .gif on the internet that pretty much matches it, raises a big red flag.

The .gif was found after all of this, but it could possibly be due to lack of sleep like you said. She does have lots of vivid dreams, but think about this, why would I fake such a thing? Make an account only to ask one question?

No red flags here if you ask me.

If i saw that I would probably move

I agree.

Edited by Lemonfegget

I'm not sure if finding an image of it is really a red flag... Such images are pretty prevalent now. It could be she is seeing what she is because she has been exposed to such images, and her subconscious is working it. Subliminal messaging. Like if you drive home the same way every day, you don't really look at the billboards, but that person on one of them could pop up in your dreams and you have no idea why. Or you watched an ad for a movie ages ago, and it pops up out of the corner of your eye and you don't make the connection.

It's always wise to make sure medical things are checked out.

If she's seeing stuff around sleeptime, most common thing is sleep paralysis. And yep, that can lead to seeing things while awake because it's still hanging in the back of your mind though you aren't actively thinking about it. Kind of like you dreamt of red balloons last night, and everything red jumps out at you the next day.

But let's say it's something spooky. There's stuff for that too. Protection or cleansing stuff, meditation tricks. Tons and tons of lore about spooky.

But all in all.. it's creepy sure. Nothing to freak out about. Could be she's making it worse by freaking about it instead of stepping back and not being freaked.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if finding an image of it is really a red flag... Such images are pretty prevalent now. It could be she is seeing what she is because she has been exposed to such images, and her subconscious is working it. Subliminal messaging. Like if you drive home the same way every day, you don't really look at the billboards, but that person on one of them could pop up in your dreams and you have no idea why. Or you watched an ad for a movie ages ago, and it pops up out of the corner of your eye and you don't make the connection.

If she's seeing stuff around sleeptime, most common thing is sleep paralysis. And yep, that can lead to seeing things while awake because it's still hanging in the back of your mind though you aren't actively thinking about it. Kind of like you dreamt of red balloons last night, and everything red jumps out at you the next day.

But let's say it's something spooky. There's stuff for that too. Protection or cleansing stuff, meditation tricks. Tons and tons of lore about spooky.

But all in all.. it's creepy sure. Nothing to freak out about. Could be she's making it worse by freaking about it instead of stepping back and not being freaked.

She started looking up the pictures after she started seeing these things; but I get what you're saying.

And for the most part, she tries her best to ignore it and look away. I mean, sure, she could just be 'seeing' things but if she was why would she see them so often?

This has been going on for months. It was happening in the past, and when she was younger as well.

I'm just curious if anyone knows what this thing could be, if it is supernatural in any way, shape, or form.

She started looking up the pictures after she started seeing these things; but I get what you're saying.

And for the most part, she tries her best to ignore it and look away. I mean, sure, she could just be 'seeing' things but if she was why would she see them so often?

This has been going on for months. It was happening in the past, and when she was younger as well.

I'm just curious if anyone knows what this thing could be, if it is supernatural in any way, shape, or form.

She could be seeing them so often because it freaks her the eff out. Like worrying a sore tooth or scratching a scab, or rubbernecking an accident or thinking about a horrific news article even though it's so horrid you don't really want to. Ya just can't seem to shake it off, and the more you try, the more you think about it. For whatever reason, we dwell on ick more than non-ick. We don't dwell on happy stuff nearly as much as bad stuff captures us- perhaps it's because we don't understand ick and non-ick is easy to understand.

Personally, I don't think it's supernatural at all. Just a part of human nature that we don't really understand- there's tons to the human brain and mind we don't understand.

Also personally, she shouldn't ignore it. Something is bothering the heck out of her, she should resolve it.

This might sound crazy but has she ever tried to yell at it to go away and attack it?

If its real or not then it will probably go away after that.

The .gif was found after all of this, but it could possibly be due to lack of sleep like you said. She does have lots of vivid dreams, but think about this, why would I fake such a thing? Make an account only to ask one question?

No red flags here if you ask me.

I agree.

No one has accused you of faking anything. I believe that you are simply relaying a story - whether that story is true or not, is certainly open for question.

As to why you would make an account to ask one question - well, if you hang around here for any length of time, you will see that it happens a lot.

That's a good question. I would advise your friend to see a medical professional before pursing some supernatural route.

Creepy for sure. We don't know what 'reality' actually is. Say you are a fish in a tank and suddenly this huge scary face appears at the end of your horizon. Creeps you out big time. But then you begin to associate the face with food so you no longer feel scared. Our reality might be similar. The faces she sees could be of something or someone looking into OUR reality and it scares the jeebies out of us. Maybe are lives are like the matrix, not really real in the sense we think it is and those faces are our watchers. We are like specimens in a zoo of sorts thinking our reality in fact is what there is. It is just my opinion of course...but the whole idea is creepy in itself.

The image you posted was freaky.

Anyway is it possible that your friend is hallucinating like when you said she saw faces that turned out to be every day objects?

Not saying it's her mind but don't rule it out either.

Is she stressed btw? I wonder if she's connected in some way to your local area.

Edited by Rogue Suga

Wow I was a bit scared wen the picteur stardet moving but searts on the internet is someone dide who loked like that maby you'll get to know who she is

That's a good question. I would advise your friend to see a medical professional before pursing some supernatural route.

AMEN TO THAT.

Is she religious, or has she recently visited 'exotic' countries?

Ofcourse, she should first consult a medical professional, almost goes without saying.

You say she started looking up the pictures after, but also say she was having these images when she was younger. Do not know her age, but images like that are not new, the way we can find them is though and a lot easier, so it is very possible she had seen an image like that when she was young, especially when you point out it started then, but this is even more of a reason for her to seek some medical help.

I think that the phrase "when she awoke she saw" makes me think it's hypnopompic hallucinations.

I get them all the time. I've recounted some of my experiences on this website before. The hallucinations can be tactile, auditory or visual (or some combo of the above) and can be very vivid and lifelike. If you're not familiar with them or haven't researched them, it's easy to convince yourself you've been the victim of a supernatural visitation of some sort. They typically occur upon waking from sleep. From what I've read a fair percentage of people get them rarely and a small percentage (like myself) experience them regularly. BTW, don't let the word "hallucination" put you off. It's not caused by drug abuse or mental illness but can be a sign of sleep problems.

Tell your friend to Google for hypnopompic hallucinations and read some of the testimony and explanations from regular people who experience them and what the experts have to say. It might put her at ease to know there could be a known natural phenomenon for her experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

it looks like the faceless ghost like in spirited away anime. dont you think?

Very creepy experiences.

I would tell your friend to get checked out by a doctor and make sure she's not suffering from some sort of disorder or anything like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like black eyed people, I've never encountered them but I've read stories, if it helps my friend had something similar happen to her around 11ish at night, she was on her laptop and left to go to the bathroom and when she returned there was a huge screen picture of a white face with wide black eyes, she slammed the laptop down and took it to her dad to check it, he opened it and yup, the face was there. She cried and I feel for her. She saw it a second time In her mirror so she has it flipped. Perhaps if your friend closed her eyes if she were to see it or simply look away it might help, it did with her