Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing who's voted in topic star rating.

Professor T

Just wondering if it is possible to make a change so that we can see who's voted in Topic star rating?

It seems to me that some users are using the star rating/ranking system to mark topics out of vindictiveness of topic as opposed to actual content.

& is the star rating used for anything more than just a personal vote?

• Like 2

Lol. Do you really care about those stars? Do they keep you up at night? :)

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 2

lol, no.. just curious. :lol:

It seems to me though, that the ranking system is being used egotisically in some cases.. Take for instance a topic that goes for miles, 100 pages or more, like the recent eplosion of the "Homosexuality sin choice or Biology" Thread. It started off with a very low ranking, and is now up to 4, deservedly so, for that is a hot topic and deserves it. We're all here in this Forum to chat, have a bit of fun, and learn from and about one an other. The Like system is part of this, but it occurs to me that the ranking system is similar, but under utilised because at the moment it's only a glossy rank, and appears to do little more than give individuals a 1 thru 5 vote, whereas it could be better used to snow how individuals rank certain topics.

Edited to add: am kind of promoting a view votes button, that would display name&number.

Edited again.. Lol.. One STAR! <_<

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

Lol, I didn't know you could change votes..

• Like 2

Unless there isn't a secret funtcion of the stars, we could get rid of them entirely for what I care. Every topic, no matter how big it is, receives very few, if any, star votes anyway. It seems like most people do not care about them. I certainly don't.

• Like 2

Just wondering if it is possible to make a change so that we can see who's voted in Topic star rating?

That's something Invision would need to build in to a future version of the forum software.

• Like 1

Unless there isn't a secret funtcion of the stars, we could get rid of them entirely for what I care. Every topic, no matter how big it is, receives very few, if any, star votes anyway. It seems like most people do not care about them. I certainly don't.

Good Point FLOMBIE, I would certainly like to know if there is a secret function of the stars..

Personally though, I find it interesting to see how we as a whole rate certain topics on a scale of 1 to 5. But to see how individual users have voted would be much more interesting for me anyway, because It gives me a clue as to how individuals perceive the importance of subjects.. Obviously we all have different views, different perceptions, personally I find it interesting too see & measure that disparity, but that's just me.

That's something Invision would need to build in to a future version of the forum software.

That would be cool.

It the Star rating a superficial function? Is it anything more than just a personal vote?

It the Star rating a superficial function? Is it anything more than just a personal vote?

It's just a rating, it's meant to indicate the relative value of the topic based on user votes.

Nope, anti-democratic. Would you like someone seeing how you voted during the next poll or election?

I agree with you however that most votes are made with juvenile intentions. That's why I'm also with Flombie; "do away with it, no one cares".

Good point Likely.. I never thought of it that way.

• Like 1