Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Group Story Creator

kannin

so how it works is one member starts off by writing one line of a story then the next member picks off from where that line finishes and so forth example member 1 the man grabbed the sword from the beast, and began to run down the corridor. Member 2 as he got to the end he noticed the door had vanished and the beast was fast upon him. theres a basic intro so ill start it off

there once was a time long long ago, there lived a warrior, born of nobility from an ancient elven race, born into a world plagued by evil. he awoke and found his village on fire, now your turn guys

he grabbed a bucket quickly and headed out into the blaze

~ holding out the pale to the fire sprites that danced upon the surface of the wishing well, he asked for their assistance. "Come sprites, come. There is much food for you here, feast upon these flames and heal my village".

As the sprites darted and dashed, the flames licked and lunged at the warriors face as he faught the battle against the fire demon, his face smothered on soot and ash, so hot was the air every breath felt as if swallowing a legion of freshly smithed elven blades. As he walked past the corpses and wounded, he found the town mystic sitting upon the steps of the temple, he aproached her and she gazed up at him with glossy eyes and said......

"Well done good warrior, you have passed through the first challenge to claiming your true heritage, the gathering of fire sprites.". As he opened his mouth to question her as to what his true heritage was supposed to mean, the glossy look left her eyes. They filmed over with the shadows of death and she collapsed, flinging her hand out to him. He looked down at the now lifeless mystic, and noticed she had an object in her hand....

As he grasped the object from her cold dead hands he knelt, "fair well wise woman, your death will be honored when I bring the heads of those responsible and lay them down upon your grave!" He then soflty swiped his hands over her eyelids closing them softly then returned hes attention back to the object. A gold sphere intricatetly desinged with blue markings woven around its entire circumfrence.

He couldnt help hut get lost in its beauty he store it it for to him seemed like hours."Naiwen! Naiwen!" A voice called from behind him as he turned he was shocked to see......

His twin sister Nyallian rushing towards him. But this could not be!

He himself closed her eyes and sent her to the sky just this winter past after the child sickness took her and her unborn. Pain lanced his heart as he briefly thought back to that terrible day of the raid and her abuse, her slow withering away as the incompatible blood of raider and elf grew in her womb. Her unshakable belief that she and the child could survive. And his shattering grief when he had sung her spirit to the sky.

As he stared she called again- "Naiwen, NO! You must not lose yourself in the orb!"

"Nyallian! No this connot be!" Nyallian lunged forward and sent the orb tumbling to the ground."you must not look into the orb Naiwen, it has the power to obsorb your very essence" not heading a word she said, Naiwen stood dumb struck, eyes wide like the eyes of a doomed animal."does this have anything to do with the heritage the mystic had spoken about?" He then realized his thoughts were wandering to the unborn half elven monster that was growing inside her. Before he could think any further nyallian flung her lithe body into his arms "oh Naiwen how I have missed you so! We have much to talk about" Nyallian coo'd with the grace of an elven child. "But I sent your spirit to olastren just this winters pass how can this be? "Not now Naiwen theres much to be discussed wait until you meet.....

Suddenly, the two both were simultaneously struck with explosive diarrhea.

lol, okay, I'll keep it clean. Do over.

"Not now Naiwen theres much to be discussed wait until you meet my new friend." Nyallian moved aside and gestured to a tiny wolf cub sitting behind her. Just by looking, Naiwen could see that the cub had the heart of a toddler, but the eyes of a warrior. They shone blue with a gloss Naiwen had never seen in eyes before. He couldn't help but be captivated by the cub's powerful, yet humble, presence. He found himself gasping, and only able to utter one word. "Wow." Nyallian smiled, noticing the look in Naiwen's eyes.

But behind cub was girl.

Nyallian said: "This is Zoltana."

As young child Zoltana Zathan s heart start to play. She said: " Finally.I was looking for you in my previous lifes. Im Zoltana from province Yin."

"Province..." Naiwen thought, then realizing that this constellation is her province.

As he watched her eyes he leave all prejudices, frustrations, dogmas, world as some unmeaningless dock. He felt like he is wearing costume of enternal kid. He wanted to say something but somehow he knew that words will spoil the moment. He saw moon in her eyes and drops of rain on her body, shining as diamonds.

Edited by the L

What a beautiful child Naiwen thought, he also felt the disgust for the child bubble in the back of his throat, turning his attention from zoltana to nyallian. "What do we do now? Spectre". "Stop calling me spectre! I am whole and living just as your are! I guess we should start with.....

..."That talisman, the dying mystic presented you with…It holds great magic, it has the power of the blue cloak of invisibility. When needed it will shield you from being found, if used wisely.

It is to be worn about your neck at all time. Twill protect you, as it has the power to weaken any who gaze upon it or try to harm you. The blue that enshrouds it's finely craved sphere is, when needed, the blue flame of the searcher who no longer carries the baggage of his yesterdays. It will, when needed glow, electric as lightening and become as a lantern amidst the darkness, to guild you along your path, my dearest Naiwen." said Nyallian.

• Like 1

Nyallian lifted her hand and pressed it to Naiwens cheek. Her tender smile urged him to understand even as she faded to mist before his eyes.

Naiwen grasped for her hand, trying not to choke on his grief that she was fading from his view. "Remember that I am as real as you brother as I am no spectre, call upon me and I will be here.. Care for my friends, and pay mind to them"...

Naiwen looked at Zoltana, bile burbling at the back of his throat. "What in the seven shades of Quarr is this?".

"Be at peace Naiwen, your sister is here, she is real. You have much to do before you can claim your true heritage. Before she can claim it with you. Her unborn takes her to places you do not understand, much like the orb you have in your hand."

Unable to look at the child before him without misgiving, and unwilling to lose himself in the orb again so soon, Naiwen looked down at the wolf cub. The little wolfs eyes shone with the same glorious blue as the orb in his hand. Shone with the same blue as the sky the day he sung Nyallian to Olastren. The wolf cub seemed to understand. It stood and stretched, a sublime silver sheen to it's coat as real as the moonshine that made up Zoltanas skin.

He crouched to scratch the cub between it's ears, trying not to hear Zoltanas words that came next... "Now that you have called the fire sprites, you must.... ".....

Venture to the capital city of minoa in the country of kanya, therebis a mystic there, we will recieve answers we must obtain, Do not look apon this journey with a naive eye, it will be a perillous one indeed. Naiwen's face twisted as he paced from the well lit fire place feeling its somber breeze apon his face. His gaze turned towards his sister yet again. Standing around 5 foot 6 long golden hair draping her frame down to the dimples in her hips, ocean blue eyes of beauty that could mimic the crystals found in the dwarven kingdom of lartena. Lithe shoulders unlike her brothers braud. Only difference between the two is that naiwen stood half a foot taller and shorter blong honey hair."well I guess we should make preperations for this journey to minoa" kannin saidbasbhebpaced back to the table to grab his pint. Nyallian turnedbto zoltana and whispered......

"Be not alarmed Zoltana. Naiwen does not see you as you truly are, right now. You can tell by his expression can't you, that he perceive you as grotesques but what he will come to know as we journey on that what he sees is a mask, a reflection of his own fears and prejudice.

Naiwen, do you understand this?

Whenever you look at Zoltana you will see her as you need to, to learn from. Until the day when you see Zoltana as she truly is, your work is not done.

This journey we are about to embark on is not only a peerless quest of the body but of the mind and soul also. Remember that Naiwen, things are never quite as they may at first seem."

Naiwen shrugged his shoulders "we shall see", he left the temple and started towards what was left oh his home pondering about the adventure that was ahead of him, passing every charred cobble stone, a delipated house lay sprawled on the street."how could she be alive? Is this some humorous gag orchastrated by orlastren? My people lie dead, drowned in suffering over what!!" Naiwen kicked music box that lie on the road sending in in a ragful tumult towards the wall of nearby home, he entered his home and walked towards his common room were a chest lie before him, he opened the chest to expose its contents two beautiful elven blades lie calmy, one blade red named dragonseeker imbued with the soul of a king dragon the ither yellow named shock imbued with the essence of statiaren the god of lighting, he removed his gold plated royal armor with the insignia of his family painted onbthe breast plate, then attacking it tightly to his muscular hody then attaching the matching pauldrons to his shoulders, "may you serve me well friends" he whispered to the blades. When suddenly a cloaked figure came dashing through his vanity knife in hand he lunged at naiwens neck missing it by a hair measure.

Naiwen quickly jolted back with yhe percision of a snake he braught dragonseeker in a wide arc and caught the intruder in the shoulder causing his weapon to fling to the ground as the figure learched forward in pain naiwen braught shock in an upward v motion slicing perfectly across both kneecaps as the intruder dropped to the knees naiwen grabbed him by the neck "FOOL!!" he shouted as he kicked the man square in the face and sent him flying intovthe table naiwen picked him back up"WHO SENT YOU!" You screamed and the man moved his lips and spoke......

in a slow murmur barely audible and yet the words reverberated within my heart.

"O careless child of mortals, why do you unravel this path ? "

I tried to muster a reply but before I could speak a strange sensation spread from my feet up to my head, I was frozen as if in a lake of ice.

"You come bearing arms and with ill intentions, there is none here that will welcome you and you shall be dead before sunrise" he sighed. From the dim moon light I could just barely make out his features, for a brief moment I recognised a scar running down the side of his cheek, and the brows like eagle wings was unmistakable ...

"Father .... "

"O careless child of mine ... you have forfeited your vows ... you have brought forth the curse of our line ... prepare to surrender your life .... "

"I shall not" naiwen said in disgust. as he grabbed is fathers shoulders marched him to the front doors and hurled him out into the road were zoltana and nyallian were just inches away from the area of impact."father?" nyallian murmured with pain as naiwen pounced from his steps and braught dargonseeker down with him and impaled the elder elf through the neck into the dirt.nyallian screamed"NAIWEN!" retracting the blade from the lifeless corpse he said...

"Foolish boy, you think to take me out with a blade to the neck? Didn't I teach you better than that?"

Naiwen staggered back and fell on his butt as his father sat up.

"Enough of this." Zoltana said with disgust. "You are family and bicker and strike out at each other, no better than infants. Torwen, I would expect better from you.. Be gone!" Zoltana clapped her hands and before Torwen could blink, he was gone.

"What did you do to him?" Nyallian cried... "Where did you send him?" Naiwen murmured.

"All in good time my friends, this is not his quest and only will hinder you in what you need to do. He is resting peacefully I assure you, quite safe."

The wolf cub gave a small whine....

and slowly paced back to nyallians side."why was he here! I should have ran him threw with dragonseeker when I had the chance last winters past! should have sent him to olastren log before that as well!" naiwen turned his gaze to nyallian"what why are you looking at me like that?" nyallian drew a look and snarl at naiwen then zolatana softly placed her hand on nyallians and the look of anger instantly disapeared. "why do you hate him so much brother? what has he done naiwen snarled back "hes a traitor and a coward! when I sang you to the sky or supposedly sung you to the sky I came to learn that father had dealings with the very same raiders that stole your innocence!" naiwen clenched his fist so hard that the metal on his gauntlet drew blood from his pale skin, nyallian hovered over and placeher hankerchief over the wound. "maybe he had nothing to do with what happend to me? father would never put me in harms way" "nonsense" naiwen barked "a noble man of the royal family should not have dealings with bandits none the less!" nyallian turned her head towards the wolf cub then back an naiwen and spoke with words perfectly spun and alluring to the ears.

"as animal, as beast may be

the elfins lower self will see

that hatred brings no relief from the ignorance of vengeance

Until the fears are all released

this evil lordship will never cease

address you grievances as wounds

bring balm and cleaning healing foods

or else all is repeated in the wheel

never ending drudgery of darkened thoughts

the evil lordship enslaves you all"

the wolf cub, seems to smile at this. Naiwens face however, strikes his usual confused look.

Zoltana whispers to Naiwens sister and states. "Nyallian, He doesn't seem to bright this one, are you sure it is he who will end this Evil reign over these lands? Sorry but he's got a lot to learn if this is the limit to his thinking. My, this is going to be a long tenuous journey".

The horses are readied and on their way they proceed….