Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK woman finds scorpion in her bed

Still Waters

An Aberdeen woman woke up in bed to find a scorpion inches from her face.

Zoology student Vicky Raitt, 23, believes the Asian forest scorpion must travelled home in her suitcase after a recent trip to Borneo.

She contained the 3in long scorpion inside a plastic tub until the Scottish SPCA arrived.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...etland-23062776

• Like 1

Might be shocking in Britain, but in the 12 years I lived on a Greek island I found a scorpion in my bed twice.

• Like 3

I hate scorpions! They are freaky looking, and just downright unnatural....

:shudders:

I moved into my friend's upstairs apartment when she was moving out and I asked her if she ever found any scorpions in her place. I lived in a downstairs unit at the time and I found several live ones but despite living there for years she said she never saw any. The day I moved in I went into the bathroom and found the biggest one I've ever seen in the sink. I was being followed; it was surely a conspiracy. They have a remarkable ability to look dead. Two of my friends and I were debating whether one we found was alive or dead. One friend agreed with me it might be alive and not to touch it. My other friend was convinced it was dead and made a move to handle it and I've never seen someone jump so fast when that thing suddenly snapped at him. Granted, these were no bigger than a 50 cent piece; nowhere near as scary as that 3-inch monster.

This young lady reacted to finding the scorpion better than I would have just going by what she's saying. A couple years ago g/f found a waterbug in her bedroom and I've never heard someone more terrified. She sprayed a whole can of Raid at it and the floor all around it when it ran out of sight under furniture. I didn't even know what a waterbug was so I asked her how big it was. "It's as big as my hand!" I didn't believe it until I came over and found it. Biggest bug I've ever seen in my life. 2nd biggest was an eastern hercules beetle I found a few inches from my face when I was rolling in the grass as a boy. 3rd biggest if I don't count the tarantula in my HS Geology class. ;)

The only critters I've woken up to find on my are spiders. Unlike a scorpion, a spider inches from my face does not intimidate me.

Meh... I 've woken up with a scorpion, aquarian and capricorn all in the one big bed!

Meh... I 've woken up with a scorpion, aquarian and capricorn all in the one big bed!

Men... ;)

I moved into my friend's upstairs apartment when she was moving out and I asked her if she ever found any scorpions in her place. I lived in a downstairs unit at the time and I found several live ones but despite living there for years she said she never saw any. The day I moved in I went into the bathroom and found the biggest one I've ever seen in the sink. I was being followed; it was surely a conspiracy.

It is, I tell ya! :yes:

They seem to really like my husband... He's had them fall on him from the ceiling! 3 times last year! Gives me chills just to think about it!