Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did unicorns really exist?

LostSouls7

I've always love the story of the beautiful unicorns. But I saw this one real wizard on youtube speak about how they were never born in old time but instead bred and created. And him and his wife created some of their own... Do you think the unicorns of past legend were created by man? But then stories about how they magically came from another world were written to make the story more exciting ?

I know who you're talking about but I cannot recall his name right now but he and his wife used a goat, took off its horns then grafted one horn to its forehead.

But basically ALL mythological creatures were born out of ignorance of the many animals people like explorers and merchants encountered and then to spice up the otherwise boring stories, people added their own flair to make it more...interesting.

Even the narwhal could have played a part in the creation of the unicorn myth. Don't forget that the very word "unicorn" simply means "one horn" so even a rhino could have been referred to as a unicorn (an ugly one at that too.)

But yeah..the fantasy stories are nice too.

• Like 2

I saw this one real wizard on youtube

... a real wizard you say?

Really?

Okay then.

• Like 6

I know who you're talking about but I cannot recall his name right now but he and his wife used a goat, took off its horns then grafted one horn to its forehead.

But basically ALL mythological creatures were born out of ignorance of the many animals people like explorers and merchants encountered and then TO SPICE UP THERE OTHERWISE BORING STORIES, people added their own flair to make it more...interesting.

Even the narwhal could have played a part in the creation of the unicorn myth. Don't forget that the very word "unicorn" simply means "one horn" so even a rhino could have been referred to as a unicorn (an ugly one at that too.)

But yeah..the fantasy stories are nice too.

aperently so does a wizard on youtube

Really?

Okay then.

want to be youtube wizzards together?

want to be youtube wizzards together?

Which sounds wrong on so many levels...

• Like 1

Which sounds wrong on so many levels...

was suppose to lol

It was the Vikings who hunted whales and caught Narwhals who "invented" unicorns. They told fantastic stories of the one horned horse as a jest towards a king. It was in Discovery channel, so, no I can't quote the reference.

• Like 1

I don´t see why religionists should have a problem with unicorns. In fact, unicorns are a lot more likely than the story that an omnipotent god impregnated a Palestinian virgin or picked a medieval Arab lunatic as his "messenger", or that we are all haunted by the souls of aliens who were dumped into volcanos by an alien warlord.... continue at will.

Atheists will probably take a more sceptical viewl.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 2

Well, to start from the beginning, the fact that this person claims to be a real wizard on YouTube should be your first red flag.

Second, there is little possibility that unicorns exist. Why would there be another type of horse with just one horn on its head? What is the horn's purpose and why don't other horses have it?

Third, I suppose people can somehow attach a horn onto a horse's head. I wouldn't be surprised if people have already done it.

Noah ate all the unicorns. He said "They ice cream cone on thy normal horses head makes a unicorn, real unicorns have no use, I shall eat them for their rich in protein and they p*** me off anyway..".

Edited by Space_Jockey
  • Like 1

Narwhal...unicorn of the ocean.

Also in my top 7 favorite animals.

That is all.

Youtube wizardry! Lol.

• Like 1

According to North Korea, yes!

You can be forgiven for thinking that unicorns only exist in medieval fables and modern-day cartoons. North Korean scientists say you are wrong.

On Thursday, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), the North Korea’s government mouthpiece, said scientists “reconfirmed” the location of the burial site of the unicorn ridden by King Dongmyeong, the founding father of the ancient Korean kingdom of Goguryeo (37 BC-668 AD).

The unicorn’s grave was rediscovered near a temple in the capital Pyongyang, with a rectangular rock engraved with the words ‘Unicorn Lair’ at its entrance, according to the report. The report did not elaborate on what further evidence of the royal unicorn’s existence was discovered.

Not saying I believe this, just reporting it. But it is a charming idea that I would not spend one second mocking.

• Like 2

Really?

Okay then.

Real wizard! ...convinced the OP via youtube he's a real wizard! SHAZAAAAM!

Narwhal...unicorn of the ocean.

Dolphins....Panda Bears of the Sea!

• Like 1

Guest Nathan DiYorio

I don't see a biological reason for a unicorn not to exist (assuming it is non-magical), because evolution creates bizarre adaptations for all kinds of purposes. However, there isn't evidence to support such a creature ever existing. I would assume the rhinoceros to be a solid candidate for unicorns, and its horn is often said to be mystically medicinal.

It isn't too unreasonable for a white colored horse with a horn to have existed. I don't know of any evidence of one, but it isn't all that astounding.

• Like 1

Were they always described as "beautiful" or even horse-like? Or is that a modern interpretation?

Unicorns? Seriously?

• Like 1

Unicorns? Seriously?

Very seriously, ken. They come in all colors and some even sparkle and have long curly manes.

I actually have some in my home. So there!

• Like 1

I got one tattooed on my upper left thigh.......but that don't make them real. I also have the globe and anchor on my.upper right arm....it's real. Nothin' but love Darlin', nothin' but love.

I got one tattooed on my upper left thigh.......but that don't make them real. I also have the globe and anchor on my.upper right arm....it's real. Nothin' but love Darlin', nothin' but love.

a unicorn tattoo? seriously?? ;)

Well what can I say which has not already been pointed out?

Unicorns!

Real wizards on youtube!

Theres a recipe for the gullible to chew on if ever I saw one!

Theres a recipe for the gullible to chew on if ever I saw one!

YUM! ...we're talking "unicorn stew", are we???

typo

Edited by Jacques Terreur