Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did unicorns really exist?

LostSouls7

Again i must state the absence of a creature from the fossil record does not mean that creature did not exist. to become a fossil, or preserved bones, mummies, etc is extremely rare. yes it occurs, we have 1000's of fossils, but they are a small percentage of the actual animals that roamed the earth.

im sorry but if a unicorn existed we would know, and there would be physical evidence found

Yeah. I've voting deformed goat...

Because, as was mentioned on page one, it has been scientifically repeated.

interviewOZ-7a.jpg

I thin k they could have been real at one time why not??

My own theory is that unicorns resulted from Greeks describing the Indian rhino to the folks back home as "a hippopotamus with a horn on its nose." (Greeks knew about hippos.) Since 'hippopotamus' is literally 'river horse' in greek, the description probably mutated from 'a river horse with a horn on its nose' to just 'a horse with...' as soon an someone who didn't know what a 'river horse' was heard it.

That makes sense, I can see that happening.

People believed that the mountain gorilla did not exist before they got a hold of some. Could it not be possible that an animal existed that only a few had seen, and then became extinct before there was time to gather tangible proof?

People believed that the mountain gorilla did not exist before they got a hold of some. Could it not be possible that an animal existed that only a few had seen, and then became extinct before there was time to gather tangible proof?

I think it is a firm... Maybe??

• Like 2

I think it is a firm... Maybe??

i agree