Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what i hate about police shows.

danielost

I think that is terrible advice. I've talked to the police many times without any troubles. Just try not to let them intimidate you. They are there to help. Use them and help them.

I just wnt to add they work for you. I don't get upset if they pull me over for speeding. They are just doing there job trying to keep the streers safe. They last time they pulled me over he bought my excuse. It was true. I have a fear of hights and was coming off an over pass. I was driving a taxi which may have been of help in no ticket too.

The only officer that upset me, was the one who told me he doesn't pull people over for running a red light, because he prefered to clean up an accident. My thought was what if it was three year old he had to clean up.

It has been shown time and time again that US liberties are being stepped on and the constitution is no longer a concern for the police. The brown shirts are now the blue shirts just a different country. Search and sesure is against the law unless suspected of a crime. With out that the cops don`t even have the right to ask you your name. The US is now a papers please state.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9e3_1373034153

Theres literaly thousands of videoes demonstrating the law ignoring the constitution. The US national anthem needs to remove the words `` land of the free ``

• Like 1

That's because demanding your right when you are innocent is generally counterproductive.

That's especially true in a country where no person has ever been falsely accused of committing a crime. No suspects have ever been coerced or framed. No prisoners are innocent of the crimes of which they have been convicted. I take it that you're not on the board of the Innocence Project.

I just finished an episode of CSI: Miami. This young woman calls Caine as she is about to commit suicide. He tries to talk her out of it, she says it's too late.

So, instead of calling the huge horse stable where it was said on the show "hundreds" board their horses, so someone can stop her. Caine instead takes a huge chance with her life and drives his Hummer to the stable to stop her. So he can be a hero. Ugggh that's the corny stuff I hate on cop shows.

Also my mind and body tend to wander away when watching them -no favorites except old reruns of a few like Law and Order-. So the newer ones I catch occasionally seem to favor 4-5 possible suspects. By the time it gets to the clincher ending and revelation I've no clue which suspect Mary is or which one was Susan...and when they are all 20-something blondes its over for me....

I used to like cop shows more for the show and plot. Nowadays it seems if I watch any it is because I like the characters but the show or plots are kinda :td: .

That would be because they're no longer mysteries, just drama.

The police are doing a job I wouldn't want. Some of them are SOBs, a few are real b*******, but even those it is best to be on good terms with lest it be you the one they decide to frame. KA is necessary for prospering in life anyway -- this can make good practice.

That's just being silly. Demand a warrant and you will sit around a few hours while they go get one, they will be very suspicious of you, and may even be tempted to plant evidence because they think you are guilty. I think Americans watch too much TV.

Actually, in many states, the refusal to allow an Officer to search your vehicle will result in your being arrested, your car impounded, and then being searched anyway. Refusal to identify yourself, or not having ID on you will result in the same thing, you will be detained, brought to Sector house, and fingerprinted. Then sit in lock-up until the Police can determine if there are any warrants pending.

• Like 2

Then people in those states need to start sueing the police. Because all of that is unconstitutional. They cannot assume you are doing something illegal if you demand your rights. The only exception is if they pull you over a reason and you don't have your linces on you. I had that happen to me once. The two officers pulled me over for going around a track barrier that had gotten stuck. I was the fifth one to do so. But, the only one they pulled over. When I went to the court sargent and told him that he dismissed it. I was driving a cab.

So you don't know what might happen to you if you get pulled over on a dark night and start insisting on your rights?

In the states the officer is on camera. So if something does happen there is a record of it.

I talked to a real csi here in walmart. She said that csi was pretty close to reality. Which makes since because the writer for the origanal show was a csi.

I think she was having you on about being a CSI or about the show being realistic.

Guest Nathan DiYorio

So you don't know what might happen to you if you get pulled over on a dark night and start insisting on your rights?

You don't know what's going to happen to you if a US officer speaks to you, ever. You know what's supposed to happen, but you don't know what will happen.

Who watches the Watchmen?

Edited by Nathan DiYorio

I think she was having you on about being a CSI or about the show being realistic.

Nope, she was wearing her uniform, with csi written on it. She didn't say it was like the real thing, just close.

What I hate about any police show

What Daniel hates more about police shows is, when they refuse to show the clips with him in it lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I was an extra in a movie I will never see. A french canadian movie.

You don't know what's going to happen to you if a US officer speaks to you, ever. You know what's supposed to happen, but you don't know what will happen.

Who watches the Watchmen?

You know I bet in a few decades there will be technology constantly watching the entire planet from space. In that case you would be safe, or would you be?

Guest Nathan DiYorio

You know I bet in a few decades there will be technology constantly watching the entire planet from space. In that case you would be safe, or would you be?

Erm, we already have that technology.

And no, we are not safe from the people who put it there.

Soon they will have the tech to track our every move.

• Like 1

I think you are correct. I will feel less safe, but in a different way. Maybe safer walking down a dark street, but less safe when I think I am alone.

Remember the ticket computer on demolishen man.

I just wnt to add they work for you. I don't get upset if they pull me over for speeding. They are just doing there job trying to keep the streers safe. They last time they pulled me over he bought my excuse. It was true. I have a fear of hights and was coming off an over pass. I was driving a taxi which may have been of help in no ticket too.

The only officer that upset me, was the one who told me he doesn't pull people over for running a red light, because he prefered to clean up an accident. My thought was what if it was three year old he had to clean up.

What? someone could of be seriously injured..

• Like 1