Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Any Experts Know Why This Happens?

Allterspace

Do any of or experts have an answer for this? Or have you done this?

Its an activity I used to play with my freinds. And will work if you do it today on your own! All you need is someone else.

Setup:

You and a friend sit facing each other. Tell your friend to relax and to trust you. Tell them you are going to put your finger near a certain part of their body without touching them and they need to guess where your finger is. As soon as they relax and close their eyes take your index finger and move it slowly towards their upper part of their nose. Directly between their eyes. Without touching them move your finger slowly up and down from their eyebrows to the middle of the arch of their nose as close as you can. Then ask can you tell where I am touching you?

Normally what it feels like when done to you, is a sensation or electric static fuzzy feeling.

It was something I did when young and never got a good explanation for the feeling. I think its unique because the person receives sensation without touch or vision. Sort of sensation without the senses.

Try it and let me know what happens, If you have an explanation feel free to let me know. One theory is everyone has a minds eye located in that location and it stimulates it. Remember no touching, or it ruins the fun.

• Like 2

Hi,

I use to do this when I was younger.

Its an illisuion really - We think having our eyes closed makes us blind, however you can notice movement depending on how much light is being blocked etc.

Also we do release heat from our body, Normally after awhile the person can 'feel' this sensation - which is only heat transfer. Try it, Put your hand over somebodys arm just like the finger example, then just focus on that point, slowly you will start feeling a sensation(heat transfer)

Also there is a little to do with Static electricity - Charged objects create an invisible electric force field around themselves. The strength of this field depends on many things, including the amount of charge, distance involved, and shape of the objects

Nothing Mystial about it.

- Dont get me wrong, I know the third eye exists however, a little more than a finger close to your nose is needed.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

You welcome, And welcome to UM, I see you joined in March :)

Do any of or experts have an answer for this? Or have you done this?

Its an activity I used to play with my freinds. And will work if you do it today on your own! All you need is someone else.

Setup:

You and a friend sit facing each other. Tell your friend to relax and to trust you. Tell them you are going to put your finger near a certain part of their body without touching them and they need to guess where your finger is. As soon as they relax and close their eyes take your index finger and move it slowly towards their upper part of their nose. Directly between their eyes. Without touching them move your finger slowly up and down from their eyebrows to the middle of the arch of their nose as close as you can. Then ask can you tell where I am touching you?

Normally what it feels like when done to you, is a sensation or electric static fuzzy feeling.

It was something I did when young and never got a good explanation for the feeling. I think its unique because the person receives sensation without touch or vision. Sort of sensation without the senses.

Try it and let me know what happens, If you have an explanation feel free to let me know. One theory is everyone has a minds eye located in that location and it stimulates it. Remember no touching, or it ruins the fun.

I experienced the same thing when I was younger. Even someone holding a pencil between my eybrows would produce the same effect as you described. I have no idea of the cause or relevance. The effect has lessend over the years.

However, something I can do, even to this day, is to think a certain way(which I can not describe, just that I somehow know how to do it) and my entire body feels like its electrified. I would like to stress that I can do this at will, at anytime, but I can not hold onto it for more than a few seconds as it becomes "pleasently overwhelming"

I've done this about 5 times just writing this post to see if I still can.

The important thing is that, other than the unusual bodily sensation, nothing external seems to happen.

My take on that ability, now that I am an adult, is that I am somehow able to consciously activate an excited nervous system at will, which may explain why I have an anxiety disorder.

In any event, now that I think about it I'm glad you brought this up: if I remember I will let my doctors know to see if there is any connection.

Edited by pallidin

its the same reflex we experience when we look over the edge at high places ... that 'sensation' we get from 'somewhere'

when we feel heat or cold we can identify where it is coming from, or pain ... I believe it is what is commonly referred to as 'gut' feeling in the old days now the term means differently.

also that tingling sensation in the back of the neck or the chills that runs up and down the spine ... sometimes it is self induced ... sometimes maybe not ;)

I most experience such sensations with music ... I won't say 'great' music because sometimes its just a child singing a nursery rhyme ... its the voice as much as the music ... and I'm extremely sensitive to this kind of stuff.

~

Yeah, it's amazing and somewhat bizzare what own mind can do(with regards to our own body)

I experienced the same thing when I was younger. Even someone holding a pencil between my eybrows would produce the same effect as you described. I have no idea of the cause or relevance. The effect has lessend over the years.

However, something I can do, even to this day, is to think a certain way(which I can not describe, just that I somehow know how to do it) and my entire body feels like its electrified. I would like to stress that I can do this at will, at anytime, but I can not hold onto it for more than a few seconds as it becomes "pleasently overwhelming"

I've done this about 5 times just writing this post to see if I still can.

The important thing is that, other than the unusual bodily sensation, nothing external seems to happen.

My take on that ability, now that I am an adult, is that I am somehow able to consciously activate an excited nervous system at will, which may explain why I have an anxiety disorder.

In any event, now that I think about it I'm glad you brought this up: if I remember I will let my doctors know to see if there is any connection.

Wow that is unique! Some electrified feeling or sensation which you can control? Its sounds like your very lucky. Imagine if everyone could control the feeling of euphoria. There would be no need for drugs, alcohol, gambling, or sex. Ok maybe we will always need sex, But it sounds exciting. You said you cant hold onto the feeling as it becomes pleasently overwelming? I wonder what would happen if you did, it maybe something you could try. Anyways I appieciate your thoughts.

its the same reflex we experience when we look over the edge at high places ... that 'sensation' we get from 'somewhere'

when we feel heat or cold we can identify where it is coming from, or pain ... I believe it is what is commonly referred to as 'gut' feeling in the old days now the term means differently.

also that tingling sensation in the back of the neck or the chills that runs up and down the spine ... sometimes it is self induced ... sometimes maybe not ;)

I most experience such sensations with music ... I won't say 'great' music because sometimes its just a child singing a nursery rhyme ... its the voice as much as the music ... and I'm extremely sensitive to this kind of stuff.

~

Very good points. I really am surprised what you said about getting a sensation when you hear music. It caught me off guard. I always wondered why I got that feeling when hearing certain music. For me it is the voice singing too. I have no problems with singing on the radio or recorded, but put me in front of someone (mostly female and children) singing and I get chills and Goosebumps down my spine. Its so akward I look around to see if anyone has noticed my reaction. I'm glad its normal and I'm not the only one. thank you.

• Like 1

Wow that is unique! Some electrified feeling or sensation which you can control? Its sounds like your very lucky. Imagine if everyone could control the feeling of euphoria. There would be no need for drugs, alcohol, gambling, or sex. Ok maybe we will always need sex, But it sounds exciting. You said you cant hold onto the feeling as it becomes pleasently overwelming? I wonder what would happen if you did, it maybe something you could try. Anyways I appieciate your thoughts.

I can create a sensation of euphoria by share will. Some meditation methods help with this.

In regards to music and the sensational feeling, I too get this. IMO and belieft, it has something to do with the vibrations and how certain vibrations effct you.

Kind Regards,

Edited by The Id3al Experience

Well,the spot in question is where the third eye is ,so the area is already quite sensitive ,and it could be movement of chi .

Just my two cents .

• Like 1

That's interesting, I must admit I've never heard or done this, but im gonna go try it :yes:

That's interesting, I must admit I've never heard or done this, but im gonna go try it :yes:

Try it. I'm not too sure about the warmth of your finger or the light change theory. It would be good to do some experimenting. Such as wearing a glove or doing it in the dark. But its worth a try. Until thats done it cannot be explained. but for now I dont have someone to participate. so let me know if it works out for you. I think you will be amazed.

Edited by Allterspace

Well,the spot in question is where the third eye is ,so the area is already quite sensitive ,and it could be movement of chi .

Just my two cents .

That is where the third eye is depicted throughout the ancient indian culture. They often use paint or gems as visual repesentation in their daily lives. I am not Indian myself, but am curious what they might think. Sometimes I notice when looking at my daughter for a while (trying to get her too sleep) I see a third eye appear after staring at her, but I think its just my eyes crossing. good point. Chi is energy and the sensation does feel like energy.

I can create a sensation of euphoria by share will. Some meditation methods help with this.

In regards to music and the sensational feeling, I too get this. IMO and belieft, it has something to do with the vibrations and how certain vibrations effct you.

Kind Regards,

Good to hear we have three people in here that are stimulated by music. I'm not alone. I remember watching musicals in a theater when I was young. the actors singing on stage was very chilling. I think It was due to vibrations of the sound.

Good to hear we have three people in here that are stimulated by music. I'm not alone. I remember watching musicals in a theater when I was young. the actors singing on stage was very chilling. I think It was due to vibrations of the sound.

Its the reason I started to play music, Because Its meditive for me

Kind Regards,

Very good points. I really am surprised what you said about getting a sensation when you hear music. It caught me off guard. I always wondered why I got that feeling when hearing certain music. For me it is the voice singing too. I have no problems with singing on the radio or recorded, but put me in front of someone (mostly female and children) singing and I get chills and Goosebumps down my spine. Its so akward I look around to see if anyone has noticed my reaction. I'm glad its normal and I'm not the only one. thank you.

SOme voices does is all the time for me ... never gets old ... like NAt King COle ... and Elvis ... and a few MAndarin and Malay Singers ... doesn't matter which songs

I've tried one experiment which involves a candle and a mirror ... in the dark ... and quiet.

Over a period of months I placed the mirror to my left, right front and back of me .... and discovered that after a while ... the candle isn't necessary to be lighted.

Which means the candle itself isn't necessary.

:tu:

`

SOme voices does is all the time for me ... never gets old ... like NAt King COle ... and Elvis ... and a few MAndarin and Malay Singers ... doesn't matter which songs

I've tried one experiment which involves a candle and a mirror ... in the dark ... and quiet.

Over a period of months I placed the mirror to my left, right front and back of me .... and discovered that after a while ... the candle isn't necessary to be lighted.

Which means the candle itself isn't necessary.

:tu:

`

Very interesting, So what you are saying is in complete darkness you trained your mind to see yourself without any light or you trained your eyes to see without light?

Heres another activity I would do when I was young. My mother had given me one of her old cameras to play with. It was no longer able to capture photos but the fash still worked properly. One night the power went out while I was sleeping and the eerie sound of nothing mechanical running woke me. It was pitch black and I had no light. I grabbed the camera and snapped a flash and within a 2 or 3 ft radius everything was visable directly after the flash. The flash was not what was illuminating the image. I did it several more times holding different objects in front of the flash. the results were the same. after the flash the image of the surrounding area was what seemed to be burned inside my eyes with complete detail for a few seconds. when looking around the image would move in relation to my field of view. I recreated it several times with friends mostly underneath a sleeping bag. It is hard to explain, It is kind of cool if you happen to try it. I wouldn't recommend doing for hours. I still have all my vision but im sure its not good for you.

Edited by Allterspace
  • Like 1

Very interesting, So what you are saying is in complete darkness you trained your mind to see yourself without any light or you trained your eyes to see without light?

I'm not defining 'Seeing' here ... please do not misunderstand ... I'm not saying it has anything to do with 'eyes'

Just the sensations that you mentioned in the OP ... I am not even sure if everyone 'senses' it the same.

To try it ... just sit in front of a mirror with a candle ... dark is best but dim is fine ... it just needs to be a calm undisturbed candle flame ... the senses gives a different feedback between the reflection and the flame. Or my favorite is the candle between two mirrors. THat's the most fun ... :lol:

BUt always becareful with open flames ... take precautions.... I did have a nasty accident which wasn't fun even if it wasn't serious.

`

I'm not defining 'Seeing' here ... please do not misunderstand ... I'm not saying it has anything to do with 'eyes'

Just the sensations that you mentioned in the OP ... I am not even sure if everyone 'senses' it the same.

To try it ... just sit in front of a mirror with a candle ... dark is best but dim is fine ... it just needs to be a calm undisturbed candle flame ... the senses gives a different feedback between the reflection and the flame. Or my favorite is the candle between two mirrors. THat's the most fun ... :lol:

BUt always becareful with open flames ... take precautions.... I did have a nasty accident which wasn't fun even if it wasn't serious.

`

Ok I understand now. thank you

• Like 1