Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PayPal to set up galactic currency system

Saru

PayPal are looking in to setting up a currency platform to cover a future interstellar economy.

When PayPal launched 15 years ago it billed itself as the world's first global currency. Now the company is looking to kick-start a conversation into how to become the payment platform for the solar system with PayPal Galactic.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I smell universal financial collapse. :P

Edited by tinysbox13
  • Like 1

With any luck, we'll move beyond a currency based system and simply come togather collectively to achieve great things out in the universe...I'm hoping there won't be a need for paypal

• Like 1

Paypal sucks, I will never use them.

Jumping the gun a bit, aren't they? Not seeing any orbiting Holiday Inns or Starbucks yet.

We don't have PayPal in Macedonia, we are screwed :P

sci-fi has already been using an universal curence. They call it credits and usually it kept on computers istead of cash. We are being forced that way now.

One stp closer to not being able to buy or sale without the mark.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

There are currently no laws governing currency in space and Nayar said that the field was the "Wild West" for financiers.

That can change real quick. :innocent: You p*** off the wrong person and boom Space is no longer the Wild West for financiers. :alien:

sci-fi has already been using an universal curence. They call it credits and usually it kept on computers istead of cash. We are being forced that way now.

One stp closer to not being able to buy or sale without the mark.

Soooo, basically not at all different to what we have now? Seeing as all money IS "kept on computers", such as your financial records, and you have to use a computer in order to access any sort of cash.

I don't think this is at all bringing anyone at all one step closer to the mark of the beast, assuming that is what you're referring to.

Also... seems like a weird conclusion to come to from the news that PayPal is doing stupid ****.

I am so sad in the fact that human create all the major disruption on this earth, I believe they will continue doing so in other neighboring planet, just another greedy plot to create destruction in human history after history all over again. If any of you would make it there, good luck, hopefully you won't get kicked out by the indigenous aliens!

I smell universal financial collapse. :P

We are currently in an universal financial collapse.

Soooo, basically not at all different to what we have now? Seeing as all money IS "kept on computers", such as your financial records, and you have to use a computer in order to access any sort of cash.

I don't think this is at all bringing anyone at all one step closer to the mark of the beast, assuming that is what you're referring to.

Also... seems like a weird conclusion to come to from the news that PayPal is doing stupid ****.

You won't be able to buy or sell without the comuter chip in your hand. Because, there won't be any cash. Except on the black market.

Biatch Pl3as3, we can't keep the economy steady on Earth, and their going for space? -.-

Jumping the gun a bit, aren't they? Not seeing any orbiting Holiday Inns or Starbucks yet.

jumping the gun? their standing on a ticking bomb

With any luck, we'll move beyond a currency based system and simply come togather collectively to achieve great things out in the universe...I'm hoping there won't be a need for paypal

a nice dream, Politicians & Greedy basterds won't allow that as long as they live

Edited by Zerocoder

I was shopping last night and the site I was buying from had me defaulting to paypal unless I disagreed.

That's pretty sneaky and I'm guessing quite a few people get caught that way.

We'll need an interstellar payment system when we get with aliens. Maybe something like 'credits' from Mass Effect, a universal electronic currency spendable on any planet.

• Like 1