Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why aren't Schools Haunted?

stevemagegod

I know the formula for most hauntings has to be a traumatic incident that has happened on the property like a Suicide, Murder, or tragic accident. But what about all of the Psychic Energy that the Kids release on a daily basis from them being there for 5 out of 7 days of the week? With all of the drama, stress, and hormones raging etc., Why don't you hear of them being haunted?

• Like 1

i know of a few haunted schools

• Like 1

I know the formula for most hauntings has to be a traumatic incident that has happened on the property like a Suicide, Murder, or tragic accident. But what about all of the Psychic Energy that the Kids release on a daily basis from them being there for 5 out of 7 days of the week? With all of the drama, stress, and hormones raging etc., Why don't you hear of them being haunted?

Or you could google it or visit library or school.

I don't know what schools are like physically in the US, but here in Oz they're downright unsettling places when there aren't any kids there, full of dead ends, curving walkways, creaking buildings, shadows etc. I tell you, if I ever direct a thriller, I want to film it on an old school property here. One of the ones with the Queenslander style classrooms (there up on concrete stilts with enclosed spaces underneath them, they're just high enough for most people to not hit their heads on the crossbeams, but low enough to make people instinctly slouch, very unnerving)

I don't know what schools are like physically in the US, but here in Oz they're downright unsettling places when there aren't any kids there, full of dead ends, curving walkways, creaking buildings, shadows etc. I tell you, if I ever direct a thriller, I want to film it on an old school property here. One of the ones with the Queenslander style classrooms (there up on concrete stilts with enclosed spaces underneath them, they're just high enough for most people to not hit their heads on the crossbeams, but low enough to make people instinctly slouch, very unnerving)

sounds like hogwarts! SHIZZAH!

sounds like hogwarts! SHIZZAH!

My upstate NY, USA high school is allegedly haunted by the spirit of a dead football player who was supposedly killed in a hazing incident (in 1975, when such were not reported as "hazings") coveredup by school and law enforcement authorities. I'm scouring the 'net to find reports.

• Like 1

A haunting is rare in the first place so haunted schools must be as well. But I think that kids energy, especially when no tragic events has taken place quickly go on. Unless something keep them earth-bound, I think thjey do not stray long in a particular school.

Edited by sam_comm

my guess is that no one wants to hang out in a school after school is out

• Like 1

Did anyone really enjoy going to School?

I would think places like Water Parks, Theme Parks, Concerts, Women's dressing rooms, etc. would be the most haunted. If I were a ghost I would hang out at places that were fun.

Actually, I would be stalking Katy Perry 24/7 ......

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

There are dozens of schools purported to be haunted. Some school campuses have multiple haunted buildings.

• Like 2

Frankly, given the amount of people that have come and gone on this planet before us, shouldn't everything be haunted?

• Like 3

Actually there are many lists online about schools that are haunted.

The subject is very interesting.

My school was haunted. It was built during the 19th century and had history. Many kids saw shadows and heard footsteps. I once saw a red glow on the ceiling when no lights were on in a particular room.

Frankly, given the amount of people that have come and gone on this planet before us, shouldn't everything be haunted?

That's true. I believe i read something that said that there are more dead people than living.

That's true. I believe i read something that said that there are more dead people than living.

Never believe in something that you read on the internet, except wikipedia, that **** is legit

• Like 1

Never believe in something that you read on the internet, except wikipedia, that **** is legit

Hehehehehee.. too funny. But really, I wouldn't doubt it if there are more dead people than currently living people. I do doubt it if people have died everywhere to the extent that the whole planet would be haunted.

But back to schools... Plenty of haunted schools to go around. Maybe in part because of the kids- they can't seem to help themselves but to like to scare them selves and other kids, and schools are a great setting for it.

• Like 1

Both buildings that are part of Maine College of Art and the Museum of Art in Portland are haunted. The McClellan-Swett House and the Clapp house are supposedly haunted by the ghost of Asa Clapp. The part of MECA's continuing education department that is in an old store is also haunted.