Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns take lives thread

green_dude777

This thread is for the negatives of firearms. Please pro gun people, leave this for negative cases.

• Like 1

Guns are bad mmkay !!

• Like 1

This thread is for the negatives of firearms. Please pro gun people, leave this for negative cases.

Good idea. :tu:

Will definitely leave this thread to the anti gun people....unlike what they have done in the other thread....

• Like 9

Please pro gun people, leave this for negative cases.

Why can't we debate? People like you ruined our thread... :whistle:

• Like 4

I don't think people are pro gun, using the context of this thread, or that anyone wants to see people being shot.... but accept they're a necessary evil,

I think people understand some of the lobbyists and supporters of gun prohibition have positive intentions?, but in reality it would be similar to trying to prohibit drugs. and so as long as any possibility that a criminal can use a firearm against the public exists, then the right to bare arms for defence should be paramount.

The UK prohibit guns, and from experience I know you can buy a Uzi for £150, a hand gun for as little as £50 with a full mag, and with so many gun smiths in the US I should imagine the availability of a firearm after any gun armistice wouldn't drop, but would only be changed by cost ?

Edited by ciriuslea
  • Like 3

Yess lets talk about everytime someone gets shot!!

Im going to be honest. This thread is dumb lol

• Like 4

Aren't there already a bunch of threads about guns taking lives? Particularly in the politics and true crime sections. Heck, even threads about guns saving lives are littered with anti-gun stuff.

• Like 3

We have debate threads... the other thread was supposed to be examples of when guns save someone's life, this one is supposed to be the opposite, just to keep it fair.

For the record, I'm pro gun. With the debating going on in other threads, I thought it would be interesting to see how many examples are produced in each thread.

• Like 1

Why can't we debate? People like you ruined our thread... :whistle:

Your thread ruined your own thread.

• Like 1

Your thread ruined your own thread.

Nope, trolls like you who have an agenda did. :tu:

• Like 2

The whole point of guns is to end lives.

No ifs, buts or "well actuallys..." about it.

However, nine times out of ten that life taking is in the preservation of another life deemed (either by the shooter or the person giving the orders) to be more important then the person on the receiving end.

Well eight times out of ten. Seven. Six at the least.

But "a gun" no more saves a life then kills someone.

They're actions that can ONLY ever be laid at the door of the person with their finger literally on the trigger. A gun is an inanimate, insensile, non-thinking object. The whys, wherefores and consequences are human constructs and for humans to debate, consider and 'wear'.

• Like 6

tumbleweed_zps87c4bcb0.gif
  • Like 3

Over the last year where someone went on a shooting spree. They were stopped by someone carrying a gun. If it was in civilian or police hands.

• Like 5

Over the last year where someone went on a shooting spree. They were stopped by someone carrying a gun. If it was in civilian or police hands.

except the one that was stopped by a teacher telling the gunmsn they needed a hug and gave them one.

• Like 3

Guns hmmm desighned to kill and not much else. I would hate to feel I would ever need one. I had a guy today walk into my house becuase he had the wrong address. He apoligized and was a dad picking up his kid from a birthday party. If I was a paranoid person with a gun I might have shot him. I guess alot of this come from where one lives and how scared they are.

• Like 3

Its actually the bullet that's designed to kill, mostly guns are made to accommodate size of round, and rounds being designed upon stopping power, a round could be designed to be non lethal in so rendering the gun non lethal by default.

• Like 3

Its actually the bullet that's designed to kill...

But, I couldn't throw a bullet at you hard enough to hurt you without the gun.

Bullets are harmless when left alone. :)

• Like 3

Its actually the bullet that's designed to kill, mostly guns are made to accommodate size of round, and rounds being designed upon stopping power, a round could be designed to be non lethal in so rendering the gun non lethal by default.

Could be, I suppose, but seemingly never is.
  • Like 1

I put guns in the same general category as a bow, sword, battleaxe, catapult, cannon, spear, and so on, as mainly offensive with their defensive possibility deriving entirely from their offensive nature. Things like shields, armor, helmets, forts, walls, trenches, door-locks, burglar alarms and so on are inherently defensive.

Guns unfortunately are singularly much more effective at killing large numbers in a short time than most of the others.

From a karmic viewpoint, Jesus' reported words that those who live by the sword die by the sword gets the idea perfectly. I think those who have guns are far more likely to be killed by one than those who don't, and I have Jesus himself supporting this view.