Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blue Flash in The west...

Blink4567

So I wanted to see if anyone else in the forums (specifically in California) have expereinced this phenomena. I was outside walking around smoking a ciggerette, and sky watching like I usually do. It's quite hot out, and also cloudy tonight with a small visible view of the stars tonight. I'm looking to the west at approximately 11:23 pm and in a complete blink of an eye a blue flash covered the entire WESTERN SKY here in arizona. We have had something like this happen before that made national news here in phoenix, but they only explained it as a transformer, or couldn't explain it, can't remember. This was no transformer as I could tell, That would emite a lighter more whiter glow, this was BLUE! It was as if someone from above just took a picture with a blue flash. It was fast! I'll do some investigating to see if any transformers blew just to be safe, but it gave me the chills, and its 95 tonight. I don't get the chills unless being touched by a woman or well, it's very cold. Any info is helpful, thanks guys!

Edited by Jessem
  • Like 3

Haven't seen any reports online yet, but that is interesting. Had something similar happen here in upstate NY recently. No storms or bad weather in sight in my area at the time.

• Like 1

Haven't seen any reports online yet, but that is interesting. Had something similar happen here in upstate NY recently. No storms or bad weather in sight in my area at the time.

I just reported it, so I can see if anyone saw it also. Yep, some cumulous clouds in the north earlier today around three, but other than that no weather here. Very very weird! Glad to hear someone has seen something similar.

It almost looked like a bluish purple flash. Just as you said, I was on my front porch smoking haha. (cigs i'm a night owl) I live in the Rotterdam/Schenectady area. Lit up the Eastern sky I believe. Looked like a transformer blew. Odd. I feel the same. Even checked the weather. The nearest storm is waaaay west of here.

• Like 2

It almost looked like a bluish purple flash. Just as you said, I was on my front porch smoking haha. (cigs i'm a night owl) I live in the Rotterdam/Schenectady area. Lit up the Eastern sky I believe. Looked like a transformer blew. Odd. I feel the same. Even checked the weather. The nearest storm is waaaay west of here.

Exactly it! No white to it whatsover, and when a transformer blows it glows white. Hahaha, I guess us cigg smokers catch things others don't XD. Yea I'm out here in pheonix. Appearantly two weeks ago Indiana had a couple of those white explosions the phoenix news caught on one of its traffic cams also. I've checked, but no transformer blown in my immediate area. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anyone else has seen it also.

• Like 1

I can hope at least someone will say something/caught it in both our areas. They happened at different times in different time zones but nonetheless that is very odd that two people in different sides of the U.S. witnessed something similar. Just have to wait and see. I don't know how to report such a thing in my area.

• Like 1

I can hope at least someone will say something/caught it in both our areas. They happened at different times in different time zones but nonetheless that is very odd that two people in different sides of the U.S. witnessed something similar. Just have to wait and see. I don't know how to report such a thing in my area.

Woah, this was tonight? Just gotta double check here, I saw mine at 11:23 pm MST, bout an hour ago now. Mine was in the west, and yours was at 2am EST in the east from new york? Very very weird, I thought you were saying it was a couple of days ago. Now its just gotten weirder. I just reported mine to MUFON, first one ever. They have all the connects to atleast do a smal investigation.

Edited by Jessem

Yeah it was right around 2am est towards the west tonight/this morning if you figure that. I stepped out from an ep on the history channel and it flashed. I might just put in a report as well right now before I head to bed in a bit. It literally lit up the sky. Anyone know of any meteors or such in either area?

• Like 1

Just looked. Nothing yet. Reporting now.

Edited by TwilightSilver
  • Like 1

I saw this exact thing. Its a reliefe im not the only one. So it lit up the sky and my entire back yard blue. There were 2 flashes and ive heard reports or a yellowish streak in the sky. but i didnt see one. I thought i was going crazy. No one believes me when i tell them.

That is so odd. What time and where did you get the reports? As previously stated I had seen pretty much the same this early morn, minus a yellow streak. This could be a great help if more people kept coming forth with the same sightings of the flash no matter what the cause.

You mean PM? If it would be AM in Cali time that's a different story. I'm checking out for now. I'll be back on this thread tomorrow. Hopefully someone from my area saw the same thing here on U.M.

It was about 11:30am and it lit up the sky. im not sure where it came from

I'm hoping you meant 11:30 pm, because that would mean we saw the same thing :)

Kitty it was around 2:00am Eastern standard time in Upstate N.Y. not Az when I had seen it haha! :) But yes I think we all witnessed the same thing only in different time zones. I'll be back tomorrow night.

• Like 1

how long is the flash? like instantly, like a photo-flash or did it linger? in arizona there are many hallucenogenic substances found in the desert as you probably know. in upstate NY the people are just plain weird and unpredictable.

how long is the flash? like instantly, like a photo-flash or did it linger? in arizona there are many hallucenogenic substances found in the desert as you probably know. in upstate NY the people are just plain weird and unpredictable.

Wow, that was worst comeback from a skeptic or, wait? Was that even a skeptical comment :no::wacko::ph34r: . Skepics, please post a better one XD. This is just making yall look bad!

The Flash itself was pretty much under a second. Like I said if you blinked you missed it. It was random, and I saw it from phoenix Arizona.

Awww, Jessum, it was their very first post. Wildkippy just doesn't know how to play nice in the sandbox yet. :whistle:

• Like 2

If there are any local cams online I wonder it they might have caught it...

• Like 1

Was there any sound at all? Did the air feel electric/staticy? Wonder if it was something entering the atmosphere. But if it was large enough to been seen like that, it probably would have made the news. (just thinking out loud)

Thanks for sharing. It reminded me of the blue spiral seen over Russia. Must be a coincidence...but what if it wasn't a missile test gone wrong, but something unknown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=1_345t0Ne6o&feature=endscreen

Go to 2min 45 secs for pink/orange skyflash footage and 5 mins 0 secs for red skyflash. Bluish at 18min 18secs..

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

I say Blue Lightning or Upper-atmospheric lightning.

Or a meteor