Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Land Grab!

It goes without saying that things are warming up! Polar bear ice flows are shrinking, ancient ice flows are shrinking, mountain top snow is shrinking. All this melting seems to be continuing unabated. It seems to me this is going to expose and make usable land that was previously ice and snow. Consider Greenland, Iceland, Antarctica, and northern regions of Canada and Russia. These areas will all have available land for our use in the future, or near future. Will this start a great land grab in these areas? Who will own it all, and use or exploit it?

Edited by 3.0
  • Like 1

As far as I know all that land has already been "grabbed".

• Like 1

don't people already live in those areas of the world

And if the ice melts, isn't it possible that the coastlines would be submerged? Meaning even less land to grab?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It goes without saying that things are warming up! Polar bear ice flows are shrinking, ancient ice flows are shrinking, mountain top snow is shrinking. All this melting seems to be continuing unabated. It seems to me this is going to expose and make usable land that was previously ice and snow. Consider Greenland, Iceland, Antarctica, and northern regions of Canada and Russia. These areas will all have available land for our use in the future, or near future. Will this start a great land grab in these areas? Who will own it all, and use or exploit it?

Just like following Katrina

I thought the land was already claimed by the various nations that assert sovereignty. In other words, no land grab.