Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Europa Report. NEW FILM

seeder

Oh Boy I do love my sci fi movies, and heres one I didnt even know was coming out, but it looks good!! Its just been released too!

Europa Report

An international crew of astronauts undertakes a privately funded mission to search for life on Jupiter's fourth largest moon.

User review:

This is a phenomenal sci-fi movie with a realistic approach to what it would be like to send a manned spaceship into the outer solar system, most precisely Jupiter's moon Europa, known for having an ice crust beneath which scientists suspect exists liquid water, maybe even an ocean. Six astronauts (four men and two women) make the team of the expedition; these knowledgeable fellows unlike those from some much bigger and dumber examples of the genre of recent memory.

In their mission they will encounter many dangers being radiation one of the most deadly, and they will take sometimes calculated risks, some other times crazy ones because there is no other choice. Do not get fooled by the fact that the movie chooses the found footage format to tell the story of these brave souls: this is nothing like Apollo XVIII; this is more like "2001" and "Sunshine", with an atmosphere of mounting dread and eerie cosmic landscapes reminiscent of "Alien", alternating between the claustrophobic, the agoraphobic and the awe inspiring.

The narration or I should say "assemblage" of short circuit video and spacesuits' helmets feeds is tight, and the film is so well crafted technically, that you get the impression you've been watching real footage from NASA; there are also a handful of genuinely jaw dropping sequences, like the landing on the title moon (accentuated by an intense musical score), terrific weightless scenes and a terrifying "plumbing" accident towards the end of the movie. Overall, it is a great genre achievement that will leave you wishing you could get the chance to explore the arcane mysteries of space yourself, in spite of knowing so well that you might end up like the proverbial moth that is mesmerized by the light of the burning flame.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2051879/

• Like 3

Can I presume that something horrible and/or ghastly happens to them? It almost invariably does. Wouldn't it be nice if one day, they just found an ancient alien Civilisation or something without anything Horrible happening.

Can I presume that something horrible and/or ghastly happens to them? It almost invariably does. Wouldn't it be nice if one day, they just found an ancient alien Civilisation or something without anything Horrible happening.

• Like 1

well now well I found some clips if anyones interested.

another vid I cant embed:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/28/europa-report-review

and a longer more descriptive review of the movie

http://io9.com/how-real-scientists-shaped-the-story-of-europa-report-610390132

well now well I found some clips if anyones interested.

[media=]

[/media]

another vid I cant embed:

http://uk.ign.com/ar...a-report-review

and a longer more descriptive review of the movie

http://io9.com/how-r...eport-610390132

yes, clearly something Ghastly does happen, in the interests of Drama. Pity really, since it looks like they've taken a lot of care to make it look realistic.

• Like 1

What would be really interesting, don't you think, would be a film about the discovery of, like I said, evidence of an alien civilisation, but without any Ancient Evils being awoken or Dramatic scenes of Peril, just that and how the world reacts to it. I think that would be very interesting. Something like the unearthing of an ancient city on Mars. They could have Richard Hoag Land as technical advisor.

well, I just finished watching this movie...online of course, its there if you know how to find it!

Not bad at all, and of course they found bio-luminesent 'stuff', and algae....and...and... what looked like a weird octopus

But thats where it ended!

wont say more so as not to spoil it for anyone, but its worth the watch

well, I just finished watching this movie...online of course, its there if you know how to find it!

Not bad at all, and of course they found bio-luminesent 'stuff', and algae....and...and... what looked like a weird octopus

But thats where it ended!

wont say more so as not to spoil it for anyone, but its worth the watch

Thanks for the NONE SPOILER, dude!!! :lol:

spoiler-alert.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the NONE SPOILER, dude!!!

:lol: hehe yeh well its still a great movie, Id recommend it. The reviews probably give away the same info I did anyway! Heck the clip above almost did too!!

• 1 month later...

Fail - nevermind

Edited by The Id3al Experience