Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meet the Breatharian Who Lives on Energy

Still Waters

Kirby de Lanerolle is a breatharian who gets his nourishment from light, wind and the “vibrations of God”. He claims to eat regular food as rarely as ten times a year, and is the only known person to have completed a marathon having only consumed water for 3 months.

Many people have died trying to give up food for a breatharian lifestyle, but Kirby de Lanerolle claims he has survived without eating for the last five years.

http://www.odditycen...mes-a-year.html

What a nutcase.

• Like 7

My computer won't allow me to look at that page because of 'security issues'.

Breatharianism(what a cumbersome word!) is very interesting to me. Several years ago I began thinking, independently, that it was probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water.

I became vegetarian 44years ago, I'm vegan now, so I've already limited the food I eat quite considerably. I'd like to take things a step further but I don't think I'm in quite the right spiritual place yet.

that article is not very... critical, to put it mildly. in fact it seems like they didn't question anything at all, just took the whole breatharian thing at face value. for something that is so potentially dangerous, i'd like to see a little more skepticism. or any, really. they just pulled the old "some critics say" move.

• Like 2

I'm sorry but if you think that it is "probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water" then you have a complete lack of understanding of how the body works. Humans can not do photosynthesis. We get the energy we need to function by eating. Remember the rule of 3: you cannot survive for more than:

3 minutes without air.

3 days without water.

3 weeks without food.

The person in the article is a liar, no if, ands, or buts about it. And it’s a very easy test to see if he’s being truthful or not, put him in an area where he can be watched 24/7 to see if he eats. My guess is he’ll be so ill after 2 weeks that they would have to stop the test or he’ll die.

Well your rule of three is completely wrong. I think how long individuals can survive without water and/or food differs greatly from person to person. Other factors would come into play, like the temperature of their surroundings, how much activity they hoped to accomplish etc etc.

• Like 4

Well your rule of three is completely wrong. I think how long individuals can survive without water and/or food differs greatly from person to person. Other factors would come into play, like the temperature of their surroundings, how much activity they hoped to accomplish etc etc.

It’s not my rule but one used by survivalist. And while the rule of 3 is most often used in extreme situations the rules still apply in everyday life in general. Going without any food for even 2 weeks would leave anyone bedridden no mater what the temperature is or what activity they are doing. The man in the article claims to have not eaten in 5 years, to anyone who understands how the human body works to is an obvious lie, and would still be a lie if he was claiming not to have eaten for a month.

Humans do not get their energy directly from the sun, we get it from the foods we eat, nor can we get the nutrients needed to survive from just water, that is not how our bodies work.

• Like 9

I find it baffling that people would start stripping away things that your body has evolved to need. Food is not a "bad thing".

• Like 8

I call complete bovine fecal matter on this one. Its just not biologically possible.

• Like 4

'Man claims to live on sunlight and air'

1. Man has no knowledge of biology.

2. Man is full of crap.

3. Hopefully man is trying to make money and doesn't really believe this because then I feel sad for man.

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 1

What is surprising is the apparent lack of documentaries on the subject. If people were to watch for example In the Beginning there was Light, I'm sure some people would change their minds about breatharianism, or at least become better informed on the subject rather that cry "bullsh!t" or "impossible" straight away. The trick is to find the English subtitles, which is also not impossible, if you're good at using the net. It's like saying with the double slit experiment that it's impossible for the electron to go through both holes and neither at the same time. We should've learnt by now that the universe doesn't know impossible, it's our limited and rigid intellects that,once fixed in a paradigm, find it hard to be open to new possibilities. Yes, it was hard for physicists to come to terms with particles being waves at the same time. Common sense says: come on, so what is it then, wave or particle? Can't be both. Oh really. The universe says it can. You've got a problem with that? Guess what? The universe doesn't care. You sort your paradigm problems out and find a brave new world out there, or stay in your paradigm and keep shouting impossible.

Our minds seem to resist change. We would like to be comfortable in a world that is simple. We would like to know that time is absolute. When some scientists proposed as a solution to some disturbing observations that time is relative, they were called nutcases, of course. Guess it's human nature. There will always be the people that will investigate a phenomenon with open mind, and there will be those useless members of society that curl up in their paradigm, close their eyes and keep saying "impossible" like a mantra, not contributing much to progress. If the world was made up of such people only, we would still be living in the dark ages with a heliocentric flat-earth world view. Since everything else is impossible, right? Just because at this moment in time we do not have the knowledge to understand its workings. We've been told about the existence and properties of prana for thousands of years. The knowledge might have survived from a previous advanced civilization, like Atlantis. Yes, the subject has been marginalized in cartoons etc. obviously for a reason, not dissimilar to the UFO issue, where you find official CIA documents giving directions to Disney to marginalize the UFO subject, which they did - little green men.

The existence of Atlantis, with a wealth of details, has been referred to by Edgar Cayce and several others, and then we have a library of channelled materials also talking about Atlantis in great details, as well as the workings of prana, the universal omnipresent energy, the one pyramids were built to focus in the queen's chambers where they performed initiations. Well it's a large subjects, but there is no real audience on these forums. The open-minded people have already started doing their homework, the rest have already made their minds up that it's all impossible. It's funny though, once it has been scientifically understood, these nay-sayers will be the first ones to start cutting their food bill, of course they would not do a cleansing of the body for spiritual reasons. Like those who are saying zero-point energy is BS will be all to happy to take the devices for free once on the market with the zero-point field being scientifically established. Indeed, hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Edited by Rolci
  • Like 5

Rolci, you lost me at "wealth of information on Atlantis". Did we finally find it and I missed the press release?

• Like 1

As long as the body is generating heat, it is using calories. And, unless this individual is able to control his hypothalamus, which controls his autonomic nervous system and body temperature, he must consume food to expend calories. Even so, some caloric intake and liquid are necessary to maintain a minimal organ function. I do not see how sufficient energy could be absorbed from the "ether" surrounding us in order the sustain the body to the extent that the basic physics of the conservation of energy is satisfied. But, if someone more enlightened can provide a good argument, then please enlighten me.

• Like 1

...and I`ve been paying my rent with fresh air for the last 4 years........

• Like 2

There was another article like this a few months ago. Things like this are very simple to prove as fraud.

Edited by Ashiene
  • Like 1

This guy looks more like some kind of sect guru.

And what he is doing in this life? Probably doesn't work much. Anyone who works 7.5-8 hours shift daily does need to eat.

This guy looks more like some kind of sect guru.

And what he is doing in this life? Probably doesn't work much. Anyone who works 7.5-8 hours shift daily does need to eat.

He is the same as the rest of his kind. One example is Blossom Goodchild. People who spend their entire lives living a lie, believing in falsities and delusions, wasting their lives away in hallucinations. Has the psychiatrist evaluated him yet?

Edited by Ashiene
  • Like 1

What a piece of crap, first the reporter says that this man hardly ever eats but then just in the end she says that he usually eats his daily "communion" of bread and red wine. So he eats bread every day after all ... and "usually" could mean that he sometimes eats more.

• Like 1

Maybe the guy heats food, so it smokes/vaporizes, then sniffs up the smoke and swallows his own food laden mucus?

Edited by DieChecker

This is complete and utter fabrication. The most basic laws of physics and biology dictate that. An average adult human burns energy at the rate of about 1 calorie per minute, 24 hours a day, just lying on a bed. That equates to 1440 calories per day, awake or sleeping. If food input falls below that 'maintenance level' the body starts to burn fat to continue working. If the food input is much lower than that, the body will enter starvation mode and start to burn protein so that muscle mass diminishes and atrophy will occur, followed by death. It really is as simple as basic arithmetic. Any physical activity will accelerate this process. The person's age and weight will also have a bearing, likely making things even worse.

• Like 3

What a piece of crap, first the reporter says that this man hardly ever eats but then just in the end she says that he usually eats his daily "communion" of bread and red wine. So he eats bread every day after all ... and "usually" could mean that he sometimes eats more.

So he's a carb eating wino. :innocent:

• Like 2

As long as the body is generating heat, it is using calories. And, unless this individual is able to control his hypothalamus, which controls his autonomic nervous system and body temperature, he must consume food to expend calories. Even so, some caloric intake and liquid are necessary to maintain a minimal organ function. I do not see how sufficient energy could be absorbed from the "ether" surrounding us in order the sustain the body to the extent that the basic physics of the conservation of energy is satisfied. But, if someone more enlightened can provide a good argument, then please enlighten me.

Absolutely bang on. See my post below.