Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Croatia becomes 28th EU member

Big Bad Voodoo

Also what Brits here dont know that Croats were allow to work in UK even before we become member of EU.

London, 29.05.2013 Minister Hauge:

"We strongly believe not only in the free movement of capital and goods, but also the free movement of labor, people in the EU, but we are entitled to transitional restrictions for several years. That does not prevent people from Croatia to come to work in the UK if they have the skills that we need, which in the UK is missing, as it can now."

Also Minister Hauge stressed out that UK as many others countries as USA, Russia, Brazil are interested in Adriatic pool gas and oil.

Just small info.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

What I would like that Brits here answer to me is ...What UK will bring to our table? You see we can change direction of question here, because we are both on same level of this family.

You are not our mother or father. We are brothers in arms vs Asia economy.

Just like to share this aswell.

Lets hear what Hauge also said:

"One of the most difficult negotiation process that we have seen for the EU has been one that Croatia has gone through."

Edited by the L

Lets stop being serious. (Because only one side so far was serious in this debate)

Maybe you are angry on us because we are reason you didnt saw Euro 2008. 2:3!

Or because we are on 4th place by FIFA ranking. (Only Germany,Spain and Argentina before us)

While England is on 9th place.

http://www.fifa.com/...able/index.html

I have idea! We can teach you how to play football! :w00t: We can organize football summer schools.

steven-gerrard_1476313c.jpg

(I asume this post will took a lot of attention, because you can touch everything Brittish except football. I in front announce this is redicule post.)

Edited by the L

To 'the l' I'll start with the fact that I adore Croatia. I spent a week on Lupod islands and Dubrovnik last year and given the right opportunities I could quite happy live out my days there. But I do feel the need to answer your question regarding what Britain can give Croatia. First off you answered this several times yourself. 400,000 tourist a year! I'd also like to mention the British blood that was spilt during your sad and bloody war. You can't put a price on that. But if you guys joining the eu means I can get some of that Croatin wine and ice cream im all for it. But as for football its a pussie sport. How do you think you'd fair against our rugby teams? Or our golfers, motor sports drivers, cyclists, I could go on and on. where did you come in the Olympics. Of all the things to bring to the table sport wasn't the best lol.

• Like 1

I'd also like to mention the British blood that was spilt during your sad and bloody war.

LOL!

Just that.

Please...you are out of your mind.

Seriously...

Im mean seriously...

LOL!

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

I ll be darn... Best joke I heard on UM so far....

Thank you. You made me laugh. And its hard thing to do. ...And Im mean it. Dude...you are awesome.

I knew it that my football post will bring jokes to this thread. But I never imagined it on this scale.

I try to respond to you in serious manner...but I couldnt...

No offence.

We can argued about rest of sports aswell. We are famous for our sportsmen.

http://en.wikipedia....at_the_Olympics

Handball, Tennis, Ski sports, Judo, UFC (that said...what was you talking about pus##y sports)...

Just dont understand how football is pussie sport and golf or cycling are macho sports...nevertheless...

Thanks for loving my country. I like UK as well.

LOL! High five!

(member cheers you with local wine)

Edited by the L

Yes, well, if I say that’s exactly what Croats think of immigrants steve will start screaming bloody racist murder.

And if I say “ask Germans what kind of immigrants are Croats” he’ll start screaming bloody SS murder.

See, double standards. I don’t like that. Apply the same set of rules to both you and me and we’ll be fine. My culture does not seek to spread itself. It’s bound to this particular tiny patch of Europe. We are Croats at home, but Romans in Rome.

I understand you have your frustrations but you are venting them out on wrong nation here.

I’ll repeat: 4 million and 300 thousand people live in Croatia. We won’t invade you. No offence, it’s not only that we are too small to invade but we also don’t like your climate.

I guess you must have thought it was ok to vent at Steve in a reply to me...hey I don't mind, but as for venting at any nation you've lost me, perhaps you should read my comment again when you've calmed down and fully understand just who I'm 'venting' at if it must be called venting

Also what Brits here dont know that Croats were allow to work in UK even before we become member of EU.

"We strongly believe not only in the free movement of capital and goods, but also the free movement of labor, people in the EU, but we are entitled to transitional restrictions for several years. That does not prevent people from Croatia to come to work in the UK if they have the skills that we need, which in the UK is missing, as it can now."

Also Minister Hauge stressed out that UK as many others countries as USA, Russia, Brazil are interested in Adriatic pool gas and oil.

Just small info.

That's a good one that,I remember the Polish pouring into the UK claiming to be Carpenters,Construction workers,In fact the Company worked for at the time took Polish workers on,only to find that they were totally clueless and had obviously lied through their back teeth to get into the UK.

So please forgive me if I take Mr Hague's Statement with a huge pinch of salt.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

I guess not

[media=]

[/media]

Just watch FIFA ranking. :clap:B)

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

Just small info.

There is a panic towards every new nation, the L

Can I just give you an example of why UK fears more immigration. This isn't against Croatia or any other nation just a genuine example of problems we see on the ground. The UK has very expensive housing and a lack of it at the moment. In my area they are building thousands of new homes.

My friend is a builder, well a plasterer. He is very good at what he does, he has done it for 20 years since leaving school. He has a modest house, a wife and two children. Nothing luxury about his life just a basic living. His work has been slow since the recession but he has survived just about.

When the building started here with the new houses he made inquiries about plastering in the new homes. The wages were ludicrously low, in fact if he had taken the job he would not have had enough to pay his mortgage and feed the family.

The building site is full of workers who are willing to work cheap, they can do so because they are prepared to live in caravans on site or mass shared rented homes. The wages are good for them which they either save or send home. They work hard too, they are doing nothing wrong.

Can you see how some people have become bitter with the EU? It is in many ways the same as how the EU cannot compete with Asia in price of manufacturing.

• Like 1

Can I just give you an example of why UK fears more immigration. This isn't against Croatia or any other nation just a genuine example of problems we see on the ground. The UK has very expensive housing and a lack of it at the moment. In my area they are building thousands of new homes.

The building site is full of workers who are willing to work cheap, they can do so because they are prepared to live in caravans on site or mass shared rented homes. The wages are good for them which they either save or send home. They work hard too, they are doing nothing wrong.

Can you see how some people have become bitter with the EU? It is in many ways the same as how the EU cannot compete with Asia in price of manufacturing.

Again:

For workers out of foreign countries, who go to other countries to deliver cheap work and then disappear again, they are finally trying to get paperwork in order so they have to pay taxes in the country they perform services. We are all hoping this goes pretty rapidly because it is a severe problem, and everybody knows it.

And that's the entire problem with the UK. They always put themselves on some kind of pedestal. Like everyone is coming to the UK, they are the only ones experiencing problems so they have to form a unit against the EU.

And then you have all the rest of the EU saying "we realise this is a common problem for everyone so we're gonna work on it together to fix it".

There's no reason to become bitter. Only unimaginative ego driven ppl act like that. If you are actually able to think about things you try and think about a solution for it all, not sit in the corner and pout and point and say "they're ruining us mimimimimim". Because they have no brain capacity to think up a solution.

To the L are you implying that I'd actually be joking about the death of British soldiers or any soldiers? In the grand scheme of things the numbers may not be high (72 deaths) but there are families without fathers, son, brothers because people from the uk travelled 1000s of miles from home to stand against the evils that were happening in your land. How much blood would satisfy you.

As for the sport thing, it was only football I was implying was a ***** sport. All that rolling around crying and fake diving has ruined the sport for me. I wasn't implying that golf was macho, just pointing out that the uk has big names in almost any sport you can name. Pound for pound we are one of the best sporting nations. If your going to quote wiki compare this to your link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain_at_the_Olympics

As I said before I have the upmost respect for Croatia with only fond memories of the land and people. You asked what Britain brings to Croatia. I said money and blood, your response was to laugh. Shame.

To the L are you implying that I'd actually be joking about the death of British soldiers or any soldiers? In the grand scheme of things the numbers may not be high (72 deaths) but there are families without fathers, son, brothers because people from the uk travelled 1000s of miles from home to stand against the evils that were happening in your land. How much blood would satisfy you.

As for the sport thing, it was only football I was implying was a ***** sport. All that rolling around crying and fake diving has ruined the sport for me. I wasn't implying that golf was macho, just pointing out that the uk has big names in almost any sport you can name. Pound for pound we are one of the best sporting nations. If your going to quote wiki compare this to your link http://en.wikipedia....at_the_Olympics

As I said before I have the upmost respect for Croatia with only fond memories of the land and people. You asked what Britain brings to Croatia. I said money and blood, your response was to laugh. Shame.

Those were dogs of war. And Brittish were even minority. Greatset number came from Croatia diaspora, Germany, Netherlands, South America...

Dude, if our destiny depend on UK we wouldnt exist. Simply, we are on opposite sides. Please dont go there you will dig your hole even further.

You bring us money. We give you pleasure. Its mutual. Thats what I have been talking.

Btw we can live without Brittish. You are irelavant to our tourism. We are glad that you came but you are just recent trend.

And yes you are funny.

Btw dogs of war fights for salary.

Obviously you came to earn some money in Croatia.

And to spy.

Again you come to us. Not opposite.

Cheers.

Edited by the L

Or perhaps they fight for Serbs?

Also compare how many sportsmen Croatia have and medals then same thing about UK.

And please, dont ever help us like you used to help us in our war.

Again all Europe was on stand by. Clinton administration help us. Not you, you____________ (say whatever you like)

Whole Europe show their lack of courage.

But some countries provided help in by others means.

Such as Vatican, Germany, Austria, Israel, Italy, Iceland.,,

UK was against split up of Serboslavia. :tu:

Meaning against us.

Edited by the L

Great Brittain defended Croatia.

:w00t:

You Frenchies and Netherland goverment were against Croatia. But as I said none of those countries is relevant when USA, Germany and other power say yes.

Simply. You choose wrong side. You were still in WW1.

If you were young you can still read books. Read son...

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

You are missing my point, I'm not trying to detail the war or stating Britain was a great defender of Croatia. It was one of the most bloody and complex war in recent history and told differently depending on who you ask. I was merely pointing out that British people went to Yugoslavia as part of a peace keeping force and and never came back. Soldiers or not your laughing at peoples death.

As for tourism lol "We are glad that you came but you are just recent trend." So wrong my grandparents were going to Yugoslavia in the 60's and 70's and I understand it was the of similar popularity as Spain is now, lol Recent trend. Also 400,000 tourist would be around 9% of Croatia's population so of course there wont be that many Croatians visiting the UK.

Your seriously still arguing the sports thing. Just look at those stats.

What I do find interesting is how you seem to be turning everyones post into an argument. Even when I had nothing but praise. But Okay let add a few things into the mix:

You like music and film, video games, literature? Check how many of biggest names are British.

Ever used a train? Or a plane with a jet engine? What about a pencil? You listen to the radio? Here's a list of British inventions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_British_inventions. I'd hazard a guess and say quite a few of those have had a rather large impact on you and you country.

Ever used a train? Or a plane with a jet engine? What about a pencil? You listen to the radio? Here's a list of British inventions http://en.wikipedia....tish_inventions. I'd hazard a guess and say quite a few of those have had a rather large impact on you and you country.

The past is the past and the present is the present.

• Like 1

You are missing my point, I'm not trying to detail the war or stating Britain was a great defender of Croatia. It was one of the most bloody and complex war in recent history and told differently depending on who you ask. I was merely pointing out that British people went to Yugoslavia as part of a peace keeping force and and never came back. Soldiers or not your laughing at peoples death.

As for tourism lol "We are glad that you came but you are just recent trend." So wrong my grandparents were going to Yugoslavia in the 60's and 70's and I understand it was the of similar popularity as Spain is now, lol Recent trend. Also 400,000 tourist would be around 9% of Croatia's population so of course there wont be that many Croatians visiting the UK.

Your seriously still arguing the sports thing. Just look at those stats.

What I do find interesting is how you seem to be turning everyones post into an argument. Even when I had nothing but praise. But Okay let add a few things into the mix:

You like music and film, video games, literature? Check how many of biggest names are British.

Ever used a train? Or a plane with a jet engine? What about a pencil? You listen to the radio? Here's a list of British inventions http://en.wikipedia....tish_inventions. I'd hazard a guess and say quite a few of those have had a rather large impact on you and you country.

No I dont laugh on peoples death I laugh about contest you said those people died.

Yes Brittish in recent years start to visit our homeland in noticeble numbers. All before is irelavant. So you are trend.

Brittish music? I wonder why it was called "Land without music and philosophy".

Literature? There are many countries with greatest literature works. Can provide you more info if you are interested to learn.

Errr...What about pencil? Pencil was named due Croatian word Penkalo due Croat Slavoljub Penkalo. Who invented Penkalo.

What about Radio? It was invented by AustorHugarian Tesla who was born in Croatia. He was Serb. But he stressed out that he is proud of his homeland Croatia.

About rest of your inventions...then you need to built shrines in every street for China, Germany, Greece...Islam...

I like French music more. German litereture is WAY greater then Brittish. Also I like Croatian literature.

As I said you live in Brittish empire.

:blink:

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

Oh, by all means ... if we're gonna play past inventions here. Let's go deeper.

Ever heard of , hmmmmm .. Tesla? You know THE Nikola Tesla?

The guy was born in Croatia :w00t: (well, a part of the world that is now known as Croatia)

Oh, and you wanna talk airplanes, well a Croat invented the parachute...so maybe instead of turning this into a battle, you could see how working together nations can complement each other.

Not act like a big shot because of your accidental nationality.

edit: the L beat me to it. ;)

Edited by Render
  • Like 2

Oh, by all means ... if we're gonna play past inventions here. Let's go deeper.

Ever heard of , hmmmmm .. Tesla? You know THE Nikola Tesla?

The guy was born in Croatia :w00t: (well, a part of the world that is now known as Croatia)

Oh, and you wanna talk airplanes, well a Croat invented the parachute...so maybe instead of turning this into a battle, you could see how working together nations can complement each other.

Not act like a big shot because of your accidental nationality.

edit: the L beat me to it. ;)

Lol.

Not just parachute. First rigid airplane.

Torpedo was invented in my country during Austria Hungary...List goes on.

Point is that then Brittish every time when wipe their asses should pray for China. Because toilet paper was invented in China.

Every time Brittish navy use compass they should pray to China.

Every time they read their books they should pray to China.

Every time they won modern war they should pray to China.

Every time you put tie you should pray to Croatia.

Its stupid.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

.so maybe instead of turning this into a battle, you could see how working together nations can complement each other.

That is true.

Nationality isnt important in long term.

• Like 1

That is true.

Nationality isnt important in long term.

Well, i dno. I think nationality is important. And i think that is what is great about Europe.

You can have your own countries nationality and customs and such. And then you have the European nationality where all these differences are meant to complement each other instead of battle.

All the different languages contribute to this, every country has their own traditions and such.

Many say it's the weakness of Europe. I think if they can melt it all together so no country loses itself completely, you could have a seriously strong unit. But it's a matter of giving a lil and taking a lil. And the UK's problem is they wanna take it all, but give nothing.

We don't have to be all alike. But more importantly, we don't have to feel better over others because we have one nationality and not the other.

Edited by Render
  • Like 1

Well, i dno. I think nationality is important. And i think that is what is great about Europe.

You can have your own countries nationality and customs and such. And then you have the European nationality where all these differences are meant to complement each other instead of battle.

All the different languages contribute to this, every country has their own traditions and such.

Many say it's the weakness of Europe. I think if they can melt it all together so no country loses itself completely, you could have a seriously strong unit.

We don't have to be all alike. But more importantly, we don't have to feel better over others because we're have one nationality and not the other.

I mean it in science.

Every nation history, customs, tradition, language is unique. Therefore important. It make us rich as collective.

I mean it in science.

Every nation history, customs, tradition, language is unique. Therefore important. It make us rich as collective.

Exactly :)

• Like 1

Lol I'm not trying to to turn this into a my countries better than yours argument that really would be a bit childish and besides I've had nothing but praise for the Croatia from the get go. The original question what has/can Britain do for Croatia, I supplied a list in the easiest format I could. A simple wiki link to some of the amazing achievements that have come out of Britain. That will have had an effect and will continue to affect the Croatian people. I'm not saying the music, science, literature is better or worse than anyone else I'm just providing information.

Now the replies are going on about me praying to China. WTF