Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Croatia becomes 28th EU member

Big Bad Voodoo

The British might have more of a mistrust over the EU as a whole than for Croatia in particular but that mistrust is merely taking this form now.

The following article offers a wonderful explanation of why the British display an insular nature when it comes to the EU.

http://www.theglobal...px?StoryId=9895

The irony here is that the UK out of all the EU countries is the one with a large contingent of citizens who want to break away from the EU. They too have fears over hegemony but in another form.

On a side note, nothing wrong with movies made in Serbia either and foreign film in general is more enjoyable than any Hollywood blockbuster, mindless popcorn flic. Here is me wishing all the Balkan countries, and Croatia and Slovenia too, future success when it comes to film, their own films!

UK will loose in long term if decide to leave. Its science. Economy.

Be sure that Swiss will become EU if they wanted to improve their lives.

btw I like some Serbian movies although Bosnian movies are great. They won even Oscar.

• Like 1

I think is pressure from UK on EU for some reasons, terms (unknown to me). Its politics.

Because UK knows that EU will loose too by UK leaving the train.

Its game theory.( Paul von Neumann)

They calculate who will loose more.

Imo Brittish.

Brittish were always pushing thier politics to the limits. Your goverment have goal. Im just not aware of it.

Edited by the L

UK will loose in long term if decide to leave. Its science. Economy.

Be sure that Swiss will become EU if they wanted to improve their lives.

btw I like some Serbian movies although Bosnian movies are great. They won even Oscar.

Switzerland after the USA and China are the 3rd largest trading partner of the EU,the Swiss have a very high standard of living.In what way would the EEC improve their lives ?

I agree that the UK would have more to lose if they left.

Switzerland after the USA and China are the 3rd largest trading partner of the EU,the Swiss have a very high standard of living.In what way would the EEC improve their lives ?

All analysis, numbers showed that their standard would become better.

They just didnt decide to join the club for unknown reason to me.

But scientificly looking they can only gain.

BTW EU announce war to China with protectionism.

Edited by the L

I agree that the UK would have more to lose if they left.

Your countryman Ricardo show and proof that two centuries ago.

Edited by the L

While Switzerland is not member of the EU it is member of the Schengen pact, that means they get to follow all EU rules and regulations but don't have a word in what they are. If Britain wants something like that instead of full membership it might remain one of the biggest trading partners... if not I expect the trade to go down.

• Like 1

If we didnt followed Ricardo theory Canadians would not drink wine and Americans would not eat bananas. Thats impact of Ricardo.

British goverment knows benefits from EU.

They will not leave.

Hell even Serbia have deal with Russia and Turkey for lower taxation and free trade on (some) products.

Result? Michellin open industry for production of tyres in Serbia. Serbs happy for working places and because it will awaken their companies and French are happy because they can export tyres to Russia and Turkey without taxes.

Brittish in EU have free route to large market. They will not shut it down. Its politic games. UK will not leave. Simply. Its bluff.

Edited by the L

While Switzerland is not member of the EU it is member of the Schengen pact, that means they get to follow all EU rules and regulations but don't have a word in what they are. If Britain wants something like that instead of full membership it might remain one of the biggest trading partners... if not I expect the trade to go down.

The United Kingdom is already marginalised within the EU. everytime something goes wrong we get blamed. with the signing of recent treaties we have lost vetoes, and with that influence. the UK has been out voted on every single issue in the EU parliament for the last three years, except for Military matters, on Iran, Libya and Syria, and why is that? why side with us on military matters, because the UK is not only the worlds 4th largest spender on military. but the top spender in the EU. but forget that.

move on to trade with the EU. - trade is already going down, the UK runs at a trade deficit with the EU, which means the EU sells more to us than we do to them. i'll give you one example the car industry in europe, 18 straight months of sliding sales, two years before that it was thanks to the UK and us British buying New cars, that Europe seen a small growth, if you take away UK car sales. the european car industry would have seen negative growth and sales yet again falling. by 2018 the UK will be Europe's second biggest car manufacturer and all this growth in UK manufacturing is coming about even with the backdrop of the highly likely scenario that the UK will leave the EU. its a funny old world.

i'll give you something to ponder. 90% of British Businesses / economy does not trade with the EU. the same small medium businesses are the largest employers in the United Kingdom. Over 90% of UK / EU trade is covered by the World Trade Organisation, the EU taking Britain in some sort of vendetta trade war would be akin to the EU cutting off its own nose to spite its face, a drop in UK exports to the EU would boomerang and cause a drop in EU exports to the UK. and guess who as more to lose, yes, the EU.

• Like 1

The United Kingdom is already marginalised within the EU. everytime something goes wrong we get blamed. with the signing of recent treaties we have lost vetoes, and with that influence. the UK has been out voted on every single issue in the EU parliament for the last three years, except for Military matters, on Iran, Libya and Syria, and why is that? why side with us on military matters, because the UK is not only the worlds 4th largest spender on military. but the top spender in the EU. but forget that.

move on to trade with the EU. - trade is already going down, the UK runs at a trade deficit with the EU, which means the EU sells more to us than we do to them. i'll give you one example the car industry in europe, 18 straight months of sliding sales, two years before that it was thanks to the UK and us British buying New cars, that Europe seen a small growth, if you take away UK car sales. the european car industry would have seen negative growth and sales yet again falling. by 2018 the UK will be Europe's second biggest car manufacturer and all this growth in UK manufacturing is coming about even with the backdrop of the highly likely scenario that the UK will leave the EU. its a funny old world.

i'll give you something to ponder. 90% of British Businesses / economy does not trade with the EU. the same small medium businesses are the largest employers in the United Kingdom. Over 90% of UK / EU trade is covered by the World Trade Organisation, the EU taking Britain in some sort of vendetta trade war would be akin to the EU cutting off its own nose to spite its face, a drop in UK exports to the EU would boomerang and cause a drop in EU exports to the UK. and guess who as more to lose, yes, the EU.

And you guys are completely innocent in all that, we know. They just got together one day and decided to use Britain as punching bag...

Leaving when announcing you want to do so helps... using that thingy for 30 years to get a contribution rebate (as tried again by Cameron on the last summit...being laughed out of the room) does not. It gets old.

And you guys are completely innocent in all that, we know. They just got together one day and decided to use Britain as punching bag...

Leaving when announcing you want to do so helps... using that thingy for 30 years to get a contribution rebate (as tried again by Cameron on the last summit...being laughed out of the room) does not. It gets old.

The UK use to be a great reformer in the EU, but those days have long gone the EU have chosen a path that makes it harder and harder for us to remain. as we are witnessing. even if we announce we might hold a referendum to leave does that give the EU members the right to turn on us? is that the sort of union the EU is, you've either with us or against us, is that the EU mentality. i think that says more about the EU than us. and even more reason to leave, in my mind. increasingly the British people know were our position lies with the EU, and thats looking like outside of the EU.

You know economist argued how South America countries living in the past. How they often see their glory days as revolution days.

Many economists think thats South America obstacle to progress.

Well same thing about UK. They live in British empire or ones who are "modern" live in ww1 or ww2. Thats far they cant reach.

As in South America case that is their obstacle to make a progress.

When Croatia announce their independence Germany was one of first countries who recognize Croatia.

We heard many time term "too early" by Brits, Dutch and France. That Germany didnt talked to their western neighbours.

That Croatia is under protection of Germany due traditional ties.

When Kosovo announced their independence German officals said: We will recognize Kosovo. But we will not repeat Croatia syndrome.

To smart person there is no need for further explaination.

One German politican who wanted to stay anonymus said to Croatian press that Germany was for Croatia in EU even in 1999.

But every time Germans talked to British and French there was funny situation.

"Every time I mentioned Zagreb they would mention Belgrade."

You see thats why I say that UK live in history. Because they cant do nothing to Germany, we will do it to Germany "children."

London still see Belgrade as leading power on Balkan while they forgeting science/economy and fact that USA and Germany sees Croatia as leading country.

That said, UK,Netherland, France become numb when USA decide to stop war in ex Yugoslavia and allow Croatian goverment to crush their enemy.

It was USA who helped us. Not Russia, not China Japan India, not Brazil, Mexico and not Europe.

Germany wanted to help but German hands were cuffed due Brittish, French and Netherland.

So Croatia skip Europe and there was Clinton and his administration.

Even now, when Croatia fullfilled all chapters, Austrian politician noted that Austria voted for Croatia only under condition that Turkey never enter in EU.

Why is that, when we know that Austria loved us, one of first countries who recognize Croatia, historic ties...?

Because of Brittish, French and Netherland- Austira cant show how much they have respect for Croatia. Becuase every time they mention Zagreb those three mention Belgrade.

Isnt that living in history?

Thats why many South American countries cant made progress.

Thats why UK is where it is and Poland,Estonia, Germany are where they are.

UK must let go their Yugoslavia project. Its over.

Why Im so sure?

Because when USA choose Croatia interests instead of Brittish interests you know its finito. :tu:

You choose wrong side and lost. Get over it. My advice to you is to seek friends in Croatia, not in history.

Britts are not flexible. And being unflexible in modern world is suicide. Go support dead projects. Youll see how far you will get. You are just not too strong to oppose USA and Germany.

Im happy that we declared independence with courage and not with support of EU. That showed our sovereignty from day one. And now when we are allies with USA who cares about those goverment who doesnt support us?

btw because all of that, Merkel didnt come to celebrate Croatia entering in EU in Zagreb.("too early" thing)

But be sure she is VERY happy.

Our love is secret love. :wub:

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

In a nutshell :yes:

It’s actually an outright conspiracy. They are passing the same legacy of destroying the heart of Europe for hundred+ years, from one generation of politicians to another.

Was it out of sheer spite, envy, or they were genuinely convinced you can progress alone while beating neighbours to the ground, was it only wrong concepts or an actual ideology, I don't know yet. But it will become obvious in coming years.

• Like 1

In a nutshell :yes:

It’s actually an outright conspiracy. They are passing the same legacy of destroying the heart of Europe for hundred+ years, from one generation of politicians to another.

Was it out of sheer spite, envy, or they were genuinely convinced you can progress alone while beating neighbours to the ground, was it only wrong concepts or an actual ideology, I don't know yet. But it will become obvious in coming years.

I dont know either.

But I know why Croats love USA and in my previous post you can see reason why is Germany country of choice for Croats.

I have been in Munchen, Berlin, Frankfurt, Stuttgart...and I can easily say that I adore Germans.

I start to belive in previous lives there.

Somehow I love this anthem.

:innocent:

• Like 1

You must ask yourself ...What is Croatia syndrome? :w00t:

Sweet home Alabama... :wub:..where skies so blue...singing songs about SOUTH LANDS...

[media=]

[/media]

I start to think that Americans remember their strugle against Brittish so their send us invisible statue of Liberty.

Croatia entering in EU. Notice French. :innocent:

merkel_2256794b.jpg

Edited by the L

:lol:

Same here, but don’t do that, it puts Germans in awkward position.

I suggest you use Laibach videos like Anglia or Now You’ll Pay. It keeps it in the Slavic yard with the same rubbing-the-salt-in effect.

I didn’t know part of my family were ethnic Germans until I was old enough, according to my grandmother’s opinion, to understand the burden that comes with it.

Regardless most of them were not Nazis, some were even active in resistance movement – said grandma for example – the burden was the same. Property (screw it) and identity (that p***es me off!) were taken away.

Still, my heritage found me later in life.

Another war started to annihilate us only sped that process up.

So, thank you, various architects of non-European Europe, you made me more aware of who I am. In other words, you screwed it all up. Again. How about you find another profession?

Akward or not it how it is.

Its like some banned love.

Anyway, we wont be loosers that cant know when they win. We won. Thats what matter.

Edited by the L

Yo congrats and I hope you have fun in the EU... Generally only big and strong economies can survive there, but for small indebted countries EU is basically a fancy crypt. I hope my country (Serbia) never joins the EU however I'll admit that you Croats definitely belong there (late or not) due to rich historical and ideological ties with Germany and Austria. PS Allow me L, there's a Croatian song that's quite appropriate to celebrate this occasion :)

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

True, that’s what matters to us.

It doesn’t matter to the same people who kept us outside EU, like lepers.

Romania and Bulgaria were good enough for EU years ago but Croatia wasn’t?

Really?

We had war pushed on us, then were kept sitting in political limbo by the same “people” who are still not giving up. They are now working on finding the (non-existing) legal way to put general Gotovina on the trial again. Again. Because they have written it down somewhere in their plans that Croatia must be declared officially a bad guy and holy Serbia installed for her guardian.

For the... third? ... fourth? ... time.

No. Nope. Shall not pass.

Edit: Solar, don’t you have a Russian part of anatomy to take care of?

We have no problems with that song. It's tacky and musically awful, but its message - I sign.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

Anyway, we wont be loosers that cant know when they win. We won. Thats what matter.

Im so glad for you bro :):clap: Be careful though, lest the dream becomes a nightmare. However I doubt that really, Mother Germany has a special place reserved for you. Just pray she's entertained and looking elsewhere and there should be no problem.

Edited by SolarPlexus
  • Like 1

No, no, Solar, just because you call your Step Mother Russia “Mother” it doesn’t mean the rest of the world uses the same terminology.

Croatian forums are crawling with jealous Serbs expressing the same impotent spite, so you’re not in any way surprising but it’s always so good to see how much it hurts you.

Thanks Solar. You can preview how is in Europe...just go to Mercator S or Roda... :tu:

btw nice song.

We should make one for USA aswell.

They were so good to us.

Maybe you should too.

They show good will creating this

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smlrSYiYd_o[/media]

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

Norwegians? Then Solar should be cool with it, Norway was another European kingdom rather inclined to "keeping Yugoslavia "whole"".

That reminds me, if you take a brief look at chronic opposition to restoration of Croatian independence – all kingdoms. Except France, but France wasn’t particularly pushy, only stood aside acting and being essentially not interested.

If I was mean, I’d draw conclusions out of that fun fact of the day.

• Like 1

Norwegians? Then Solar should be cool with it, Norway was another European kingdom rather inclined to "keeping Yugoslavia "whole"".

That reminds me, if you take a brief look at chronic opposition to restoration of Croatian independence – all kingdoms. Except France, but France wasn’t particularly pushy, only stood aside acting and being essentially not interested.

If I was mean, I’d draw conclusions out of that fun fact of the day.

I like when you are mean... :w00t:

• Like 1

get along nicely, 'Helen of Annoy' and 'the L'. with your neighbour Serbia. you'd almost be forgiven for thinking there is bad blood between the two.