Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Alien Archtype

ReaperS_ParadoX

For a long time now I have wondered why we see the alien archetype, I mean Dr. Michael Persinger showed that with the "God" helmet most people see these alien entities. I also know a lot of people that have done hallucinogens have claimed to see alien entities and been able to talk to them. People that claim to have been abducted are usually written off as having some sort of sleep paralysis in which they dreamed these entities. So my question is Why does the brain produce these images?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 1

Are you asking why does the brain dream?

I'm asking why does the brain seem to want to produce this specific image?

I'm asking why does the brain seem to want to produce this specific image?

My brain has never produced this specific image so it's not a factor in the brain.

Dreams are based on experience. If we see a scary episode of the Outer Limits, we're more likely to dream about similar monsters.

Taping into another dimension maybe. I don't know I have see a lot of things I can't explain. When you stand there in the woods, you see something weird, like the extra person in the circle and you look at your buddies and say y'all see that and they all nod. I have kind of come to expect it.

Taping into another dimension maybe. I don't know I have see a lot of things I can't explain. When you stand there in the woods, you see something weird, like the extra person in the circle and you look at your buddies and say y'all see that and they all nod. I have kind of come to expect it.

That's just it, I know I'm gonna get headshakes on this one but maybe these beings actually exist on a different plane/dimension than us, and when people do hallucinogens and such they can see that other plane/dimension. Maybe our brains can access that different plane/dimension when where sleeping. I know most people wont agree with me but I'm just trying to get this figured out :blush: let the bashing begin

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 2

That's just it, I know I'm gonna get headshakes on this one but maybe these beings actually exist on a different plane/dimension than us, and when people do hallucinogens and such they can see that other plane/dimension. Maybe our brains can access that different plane/dimension when where sleeping. I know most people wont agree with me but I'm just trying to get this figured out :blush: let the bashing begin

Exactly.. :tu:

No head shaking here, no bashing either.. Except that the brain has little to do with it, but the mind's ability to transcend dimensions does.. The Brain's functions are physical reality, whereas the mind goes far beyond that.

Not everyone will agree with this, but that's their problem, not yours or mine.

• Like 1

Exactly.. :tu:

No head shaking here, no bashing either.. Except that the brain has little to do with it, but the mind's ability to transcend dimensions does.. The Brain's functions are physical reality, whereas the mind goes far beyond that.

So then these entities have to be real? There are a number of accounts of people seeing these beings, and the details that they describe them in are awefully similar

Not bashing, but I'm wondering that when these extra-dimensional beings minds transcend their own dimensions, do they see us and wonder what's going on?

Except that the brain has little to do with it, but the mind's ability to transcend dimensions does.. The Brain's functions are physical reality, whereas the mind goes far beyond that.

Except the brain has everything to do with it, even shutting down the mind.

Your problem is the complete lack of substance in such statements.

Edited by Rlyeh

My brain has never produced this specific image so it's not a factor in the brain.

sorry man, that's not a way of argueing. just because YOU never experienced something doesn't mean there's nothing to it. That's like a colorblind person claiming the world is black'n'white....

• Like 2

So then these entities have to be real? There are a number of accounts of people seeing these beings, and the details that they describe them in are awefully similar

I'm sure that they are. and that they're been around as long or longer than us..

There's little difference between some ancient depictions of "Goblins & Ghouls" and modern Greys.

Also, cultures that are centuries or & thousands of miles apart seem to have had similar experiences & encounters but call them by different names through the ages. I don't have any evidence of this in the form of links per-see, just things I've read, websites I've seen over the years.. Grey's are just the modern name for a very old phenomena as far as I'm concerned.

There's plenty of theories for them.. Human collective conscious of an alien archetype? Visitors from Andromeda? Unknown species from within our own solar system? Ancient Species of Earth? Time Travelers? Inter-dimensional theory goes a long way toward explaining them and their associations with other phenomena, namely UFO's through the ages, mediation work, the Scole Experiment. . Your guess is as good as mine or anyone elses..

• Like 3

Not bashing, but I'm wondering that when these extra-dimensional beings minds transcend their own dimensions, do they see us and wonder what's going on?

They may be surprised that suddenly we can observe them, I mean Iv had a few experiences with seeing them, and they weren't outright hostile but more of checking me out and also observing me.

I'm sure that they are. and that they're been around as long or longer than us..

There's little difference between some ancient depictions of "Goblins & Ghouls" and modern Greys.

Also, cultures that are centuries or & thousands of miles apart seem to have had similar experiences & encounters but call them by different names through the ages. I don't have any evidence of this in the form of links per-see, just things I've read, websites I've seen over the years.. Grey's are just the modern name for a very old phenomena as far as I'm concerned.

There's plenty of theories for them.. Human collective conscious of an alien archetype? Visitors from Andromeda? Unknown species from within our own solar system? Ancient Species of Earth? Time Travelers? Inter-dimensional theory goes a long way toward explaining them and their associations with other phenomena, namely UFO's through the ages, mediation work, the Scole Experiment. . Your guess is as good as mine or anyone elses..

So then you agree with me that this image and entities have been seen time and time again, its nice to know I'm not totally alone in my thinking here

• Like 1

For a long time now I have wondered why we see the alien archetype, I mean Dr. Michael Persinger showed that with the "God" helmet most people see these alien entities. I also know a lot of people that have done hallucinogens have claimed to see alien entities and been able to talk to them. People that claim to have been abducted are usually written off as having some sort of sleep paralysis in which they dreamed these entities. So my question is Why does the brain produce these images?

Have you ever heard of collective conciousness? Whether or not we like to believe it, contrare to popular believe, we are connected to eachother and when those sci fi movings and conspiracies started coming out we started seeing aliens and monsters. I'm not saying these things don't exist but I do believe most of them are figments of our imagination and mind which we don't give enough credit too.

Edited by Xzenox

Have you ever heard of collective conciousness? Whether or not we like to believe it, contrare to popular believe, we are connected to eachother and when those sci fi movings and conspiracies started coming out we started seeing aliens and monsters. I'm not saying these things don't exist but I do believe most of them are figments of our imagination and mind which we don't give enough credit too.

But what about all the ancient civilizations that have seen the same thing, back then there was no media to influence there thinking. I have heard of the collective conciousness, that's actually what Terrence Mckenna thought these things were in a way, our mind bringing them to reality. The human brain is a powerful thing.

• Like 1

Its what the brain remembers. Guaranteed all those who have given a description, have seen the "alien archtype" pictures in the past.

Put it this way, if I ask you to describe a something which you have never seem, you would (apart from ask what it is) then imagine the closest thing you can "remember" in similarity which is stored in your brain....BUT here we are talking about people who describe something they say they have seen, but I say they have seen pictures of aliens in the past which makes it possible for the brain to put an image to it.

Its what the brain remembers. Guaranteed all those who have given a description, have seen the "alien archtype" pictures in the past.

Put it this way, if I ask you to describe a something which you have never seem, you would (apart from ask what it is) then imagine the closest thing you can "remember" in similarity which is stored in your brain....BUT here we are talking about people who describe something they say they have seen, but I say they have seen pictures of aliens in the past which makes it possible for the brain to put an image to it.

I don't know also why would the brain just choose to pull this image out, I'm sure these people have other images in there brain that could very well take the place of this image

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

sorry man, that's not a way of argueing. just because YOU never experienced something doesn't mean there's nothing to it. That's like a colorblind person claiming the world is black'n'white....

It's called "disproof by counterexample" and it's a perfectly scientific way to disprove a generalization.

I don't know also why would the brain just choose to pull this image out, I'm sure these people have other images in there brain that could very well take the place of this image

Its what the brain associates with "aliens", it would not pull out an image of a ladybird or a horse. just like a computer (which is basically what a brain is) if it is 'alien' thinking mode, then it will search "files" for aliens and what it pulls out is what the eye has inputted to be stored there in the past. As it happens, when people think about aliens, they generally think about the typical archtype because that is what was originally shown to be what aliens could look like, it is because people have NOT seen any other form of "real" aliens to come up with anything different.

• Like 1

Its what the brain associates with "aliens", it would not pull out an image of a ladybird or a horse. just like a computer (which is basically what a brain is) if it is 'alien' thinking mode, then it will search "files" for aliens and what it pulls out is what the eye has inputted to be stored there in the past. As it happens, when people think about aliens, they generally think about the typical archtype because that is what was originally shown to be what aliens could look like, it is because people have NOT seen any other form of "real" aliens to come up with anything different.

well thanks, I guess we can close this thread down now :tu:

It's called "disproof by counterexample" and it's a perfectly scientific way to disprove a generalization.

whatever name you give it, it sounded plain wrong to me. but then again, i'm not a scientist...

well thanks, I guess we can close this thread down now :tu:

Oh! I feel bad now, surely someone out there can try and say i am wrong, i`m a waiting:

duck-waiting.gif

Oh! I feel bad now, surely someone out there can try and say i am wrong, i`m a waiting:

duck-waiting.gif

No need to feel bad

• Like 1